Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
People are stupid bozos and can't drive very well; I can't wait until robot cars are commonplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

RFC2324 posted:

They sure will be fun to hack!

I'm in your CPUs phreaking your trannies

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

cheerfullydrab posted:

476 in PA, the section known as "The Blue Route" is a broken road and people drive on it like monsters. The breakdown lane becomes a normal lane of traffic during rush hour. Onramps have traffic lights to try to make people act like humans. There's this one area where there's a lane on one side for a half a mile that just appears then disappears for no discernable reason and it causes problems. It's a good place to learn how to drive.

lol I can't even think of an onramp around here that doesn't have a traffic light and all the highways have lanes that appear/disappear for no reason.

You think PA is hell you should come on down to LA/SD sometime where people swerve into oncoming traffic to get into a turn lane on the reg.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Drunk Nerds posted:

It boggles my mind how bad driving seems to be a regional contagion. Los Angeles, people generaly drive safe not 100% retarded (considering everyone is either going 90 miles an hour or zero miles an hour). There's some tailgating, but that's about it.

Drive East two hours. As soon as you hit the Arizona border, you'll constantly see people doing retardo poo poo like:

- Tailgating a massive truck that is passing another truck
- Tailgating a line of cars tailgating a massive truck that is passing another truck
- Honking at people who have the right of way. I saw several times people turning on a green light being honked at by someone at a red light who wanted to turn into the same lane.
- Being fat
- Being old

Yeah LA is hell but once you figure it out it's fine.

Drive down to SD and I just mutter cuss words nonstop under my breath at all the morons doing moron things.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
California stops are illegal too but hey.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

JiveHonky posted:

Phantom Brakers piss me off.

i'm constantly ending up behind folks who have a clear lane ahead of them but they are hitting the brakes for no known reason. What the gently caress you pushing your brake pedal for? there is nobody in front of you, im a respectful distance from you, what the gently caress are you braking for?

JFC this x10000

Also if you're turning right get the gently caress over then and make your turn what the poo poo is wrong with you slowing to an almost stop still just in the middle of the lane aaaarrrgh.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

You should see how annoying it is riding with a two foot driver jesus loving christ get your foot over on the dead pedal where it belongs. They are either accelerating or braking. Coasting is a foreign concept.

I can't get in my friend's car anymore because he drives like this but super exaggerated and it literally makes me nauseous. If he isn't accelerating hard, he is braking hard. Even on the freeway. I don't get it.

Also,

http://electrek.co/2016/06/06/tesla-model-x-crash-not-at-fault/

lol at that dude whose wife crashed their new Tesla then tried to blame it on the autopilot. The logs show the driver hit the pedal and the autopilot had 0 to do with it but the comments are full of :tinfoil: 'but Tesla's logs might be lying!'

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Sheep-Goats posted:

You should also be aware that in some other states you are mandated to turn into the nearest lane and make lane charges afterward, so California is actually very lenient about this.

... is this not the way it is everywhere?

I mean CA is lax about things like that but that's just because it is CA. We roll at stops too, that doesn't mean it is legal.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Interesting. Wish what I saw was that ambiguous: I saw either people making a right honking at left turners moving into a completely different, legal lane, or right turners honking at people making legal u-turns that had to go over into the rightmost lane a little.

And for what it's worth, this sucks and it isn't just fine. What happens if the person going straight changes lanes right when you decide you can sneak into a farther lane because hey no one there.

Seen two accidents happen like that.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 7, 2016

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Drunk Nerds posted:

Nobody was going straight in the scenarios. Hard to explain without diagrams: either person making a u turn and person 90 degrees to their left making a right turn, or person making a left turn and person going the other direction making a right

Oh I think I know what you mean, yeah.

cheerfullydrab posted:

You should only ever have to brake to stop for signs or signals or to not hit people who are driving wrong. You shouldn't ever have to brake when you're just driving. You should be able to look at what's coming along the road and adjust your use of the gas pedal to traverse any section of the road at an appropriate speed. A good fast speed, or at the very least, one that keeps up with traffic.

I swear people have collectively started to forget this where I live because SO MANY IDIOTS hit their brakes to let people on the onramp get onto the highway. It's their responsibility to merge on safely, not yours to adjust your speed to let them on ffs.

Traffic causers.

Relin posted:

supposedly its legal in VA to do that thing where to pull into an intersection when waiting to turn while the lights red

unsurprisingly this seems to be the cause of a lot of accidents

just sit at the stop sign line you mother fuckers

Uh how does that cause accidents? Try waiting at the line in Los Angeles and you'll shoot yourself in the face in about 1 day not to mention you'll be the guy who makes it so you're the only one that makes your turn despite the line of 8 cars behind you.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Hey I learned that from some science video in physics class where they showed a supercomputer simulating traffic!

I almost wish I didn't know it because it's not like anyone is going to stop driving like a dumbass though and that's just one more thing I know they are doing wrong.

Robot cars please.

• Locked thread