Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

TwoPair posted:

In the nicest way possible, Fae, I was floored to see you do the Sun Mask race/block challenge right on the first shot.

Also I totally didn't know about/didn't think about the possibility of making Kafei show up to an empty room.
The way she unintentionally managed to make it at the last second was gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
It's set up to allow a few fuckups and have a most people still have a good chance of getting done on the first try while still being hard enough to be stressful and not a certain thing. It's still awesome to see it done right going in blind.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I really shouldn't promise to do things a couple of days before dental surgery

ANYWAY, here's two more episodes! After this, there are just two left to go and then the final episode where all our hard work will bear fruit and we get the prize for 100% mask completion!

Episode 81 - Happy Fun Slide
Episode 82 - Fae Fights A Wizard

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
I think the problem with that wizzrobe was that it's best fought with FIRE arrows. When you use them, you tear into it like you do when you get the boss key in snowhead

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Wait you can do what???

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The problem with Fire Arrows (and indeed arrows at all) in this case is that without a map to show where the real Wizzrobe is, Fae would have to manually aim for every single hit. And for better or worse, we've all seen why that doesn't really work. Most of the time, by the time Fae had her bow up and ready, not only had the Wizzrobe already shot her, he was teleporting to the next one so even in a best case scenario she had to stop, dodge the ice magic, move to a new position, get her bow out *again*, aim, etc, etc.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, the boss took like four hits. It wasn't damage that was the problem, it was accuracy and ability to find the boss.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 83 - Why He Scream?

Let's go back to the moon, talk about weightlifting and begin our victory lap!

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
That gossip stone is hands down one of the most useless hints in ANY game, probably only surpassed by ones that are hosed up so bad they actually actively MISdirect you.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Melt down that Wizrobe fight and inject it straight into my veins

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 14, 2018

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 84 - Losing Time]

:siren:FINAL EPISODE:siren:
Episode 85 - Victory Lap

And that's it! 100% mask completion and 99% bombers notebook completion -- although I'm taking the moral victory on that one because the only reason it isn't 100% is because I refused to lie to an old woman.

Thank you to everyone, for watching along, playing along, or leaving youtube comments and forum replies! This LP has been a delight to make and this game has been a wonderful thing to play!

I'd also like to say thank you for putting up with my flakiness in uploading and posting these videos, 99% of which was caused by my worsening mental health. I know y'all don't think I need to apologise but I feel like I do so I am!

What's next for me? Not sure! One thing I do know is that this will be my last blind Zelda LP. Its been suggested that I play Wind Waker or Twilight Princess but I've played both to completion! BoTW was also suggested but I kind of hate that game, and to be honest, the charm of both this and the OoT LP was that I was playing a game that defined a lot of people's childhoods for the first time, as an adult and letting people relive the magic of discovering all this stuff they know inside out for the first time through me! Even when a new Zelda game comes out, me playing it blind just wouldn't have the same charm to it as these LPs have!

Finally, the spoiler ban is now lifted! Feel free to talk about stuff I missed, and especially dumb theories that people have about this game because boy howdy there has to be some special ones, right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

We're freeeeeeeeeeeeee! :toot:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Emptyquoting myself because idgaf

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Faerie Fortune posted:

Its been suggested that I play Wind Waker or Twilight Princess but I've played both to completion!

Skyward Sword thread incoming. :v: "Hello, ginger buff friend!"

Well done, this was a fantastic thread.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wait, you guys are doing a Nier LP? How come I never heard about that? :saddowns:

Congrats on wrecking Majora with Fierce Deity Link.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Geemer posted:

Wait, you guys are doing a Nier LP? How come I never heard about that? :saddowns:

Probably because these episodes are about half a year old.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. Fae and Artix have never been part of a Nier LP :confused:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Faerie Fortune posted:

Finally, the spoiler ban is now lifted! Feel free to talk about stuff I missed, and especially dumb theories that people have about this game because boy howdy there has to be some special ones, right?

Oh yeah go watch this LP now-
https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-3-Days-Challenge/

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

All hail the Bean Man Who Lives in the Hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Congratulations on finishing my second favorite Zelda game of all time! I still have a soft spot in my heart for Doctor Kill's run at https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-and-Randomizer/ - it's not as Super Wrong as OoT but that's in part because Majora's Mask is so very wrong on its own.