Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Cart size vs CD size and the lack of third party support were both big factors because it basically gave Sony the entire JRPG market. Say what you will about Square Enix's current work, they loving killed it on the Playstation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The one thing I really want in life right now is a real wall clock that looks like the Majora's Mask clocks. Does that exist? Could that exist? They move so strangely.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Poor Link, he grows up in a tree cult, goes through all the time travel dystopia mess in OOT, turns into a wandering samurai, and then he ends up in this nonsense. This kid is, what. Eight? Twelve? He's probably too young to play Majora's Mask, let alone be in it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Isn't Lactose Intolerance actually the norm for most of the world (including east asia)?

Yeah, most mammals stop being able to digest lactose once they've weaned. Lactase persistence is just a goofy mutation that caught on in the cultures that thought drinking from a cow was a good idea.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Why are all the related videos episodes of Gunsmoke? Is it just happening to me?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The dark specter of mislabeled Napster songs will never truly leave us.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I kinda hope that's not it, because then she's been leaving you open to wolves and bats and crows just for a dramatic exit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are there female Gorons? Are the genders indistinguishable, or are baby Gorons mined out of stone or what? Like Gorons have some weird biology going on, what with the rock-eating, but Darmani has nipples so they're probably mammal-ish.

I want answers to all the questions no sane person would ask.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

C-Euro posted:

Also my preferred Day 1 restock method has always been to roll a couple laps around Termina Field as a Goron.

All of the Owl Statues usually have pots/rocks/snowballs so whenever I needed crap I just rotated between all of the warps and it would get me the equipment I needed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Gamefaqs is old enough to drink.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can honestly say it's never even occurred to me to just hit that dude with a sword, I've always just stood in the middle of the room and shoved arrows down his face.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I went into the Ice Cavern and as far as I can tell Link's traction and movement speed isn't any worse if he puts on the Hover Boots, however his running animation goes twice as fast so he looks like his traction is worse.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm staying out of the N64 vs 3D stuff because I love MM3D too much to be rational, but I will add that there's some interesting character stuff if you hang around Romani Ranch on Day 3 after doing both the quests. (At least I think so? It has, admittedly, been a while since I checked it out...)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If Ganondorf was raised by Pirate Gerudo instead of Desert Gerudo, do you think he'd still be committing regicide circa Ocarina of Time? From what I recall he was Mad About the Desert Wind and I don't know if maybe some nice beaches would have sorted ol' Ganny out.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Anti-Citizen posted:

Don't we have a whole Windwaker pointing out how this doesn't work?

That's specifically what I was referring to, in the end of Wind Waker he's all "I grew up in a desert and the wind was crappy and I wanted Hyrule's sweet wind for myself".

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For 'games featuring the apocalypse', you probably can't go wrong with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Or most games in that franchise, for the matter.

As to the moon, townsfolk say it 'looks weird' but usually aren't specific. Also a Moon's Tear is a rare, but known object. I think if it never had a face before that would be the first thing to bring up? So I don't know. I subscribe to the theory that the moon usually has a face, but it's normally a happy face.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love the Water Temple, and I love the awful Great Bay Temple. I feel like if I'm not angry at a Zelda dungeon, it's not trying hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Ikana has my favourite dungeon but I am a well established Zelda Puzzle Masochist