Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
All I'll say is that you'll enjoy the hell out of this game! I'm looking forward to this run~

Edit: Holy poo poo fix your smoke detector!

Zain fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

I fixed it the day immediately after we recorded the first session, don't worry!

Good, that is killing me right now.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Actually! One thing if I can say Faerie is if you do have a 3DS get and play Majora's Mask for it right after this LP.

If we're going on about our love for Majora's Mask it is and still remains one of my favorite Zelda games and especially the 3D zelda games. So much so that I got the Majora's Mask New 3DS and the Majora's Mask 3DS bundle the moment it was announced. Also the Majora's Mask Pin from pre-ordering PROJECT S.T.E.A.M. Yes I have a problem.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Artix posted:

We're going to finish the Bomber's Notebook and pick up whatever heart pieces we stumble on out in the field. No promises with 100% or anything, because there's 52 goddamn pieces of heart and that's a lot of dumb minigames and poo poo.

Dumb minigames? I don't know what game you're playing but Majora's Mask has only THE BEST minigames. :colbert:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Nidoking posted:

The distance you can fly as a Deku is indeed forward motion, not radial. Flying backwards cancels the loss of stability from flying forward, and likewise, if you fly backward far enough that you lose stability, you can recover by flying forward. You can actually cover quite a lot of distance given sufficient height, by turning yourself around mid-flight so that you're flying backward but moving in your original direction of travel. There aren't many places in the game where that's possible, though, and fewer where it's of any practical use.

Huh, didn't know that. I always figured it was radial. Now I need to test this out.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The reason why Majora's Mask was so great was that 1) they had a prior game to establish all the traditional zelda stuff 2) Were given free range to do their own thing for this game, so basically this is what a sequel should be. Wish that Miyamoto would just let other studios do their own thing. Like trust your teams to produce something amazing without you!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I think this was the first and only Zelda game I've 100%ed. It was just compelling enough to 100%.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Drakenel posted:

True, but Miyamoto did take a noted interest in its development. An amusing note I recall is that they wanted to make it closer to zelda games with dungeons and such, and he basically went 'What? Are you dumb? Make a warriors game. It'll work'

Now I'm wondering how it woulda been with dungeon crawling and all that.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

With everyone talking about that there are differences between Majora's Mask VC and Majora's Mask 3DS... I'm just kinda sitting here going

They're both great in their own rights.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Spoggerific posted:

This made me realize just how many video game maps are like this to me (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, WoW, etc.) and yet I need to open up Google Maps if I want to go anywhere further than a 5 minute drive away from where I live.

This is pretty much me too. Everyone asks me if there's things nearby and I'm like "I only know my work..."

Edit: Wii is a good commentator. Smoke Detector has too much to say.

Edit2: I don't think the kids are racist. They just don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that just can't get no love from them.

Zain fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 10, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Artix posted:

They literally say verbatim "We could let you in if you were a human but..." :shrug:

Also it blows my mind how many people didn't know you could stun the kids. Like Aithon said, Deku Link has two moves and you never once tried either of them?

I know, I just wanted an excuse to quote the TLC song no scrubs.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

With Deku Link using Deku Nuts... Is that like a Chicken throwing its own eggs?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Aithon posted:

Wood Yoshi.

Hmmm that's too good of an analogy. They're both kinda adorable and make cute noises.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

I already used deku nuts more in MM than in OOT, because they're quite nice as Deku Link's air strike.

Right, Deku Nuts were multifaceted in Majora's Mask. But honestly they were good in both games. Just people are like "It doesnt' damage so why should I use it" sort of mentality. In many Zelda games.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

dublish posted:

This LP has been going on for a week and nobody told me WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME

Oh Faerie Fortune is doing a blind LP of Majora's Mask.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Isn't Majora's Mask the first time they've ever mentioned a Goddess of Time?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Artix posted:

E: Also yeah, first major MM3D change is that there are save statues littered around where you can make hard saves whenever you want. While I understand why it was done (and agree that it makes the game better to actually play), I think the game really loses something in flavor by making that always available. It wouldn't be so bad if they just added those statues, but they also made it so that the Song of Time doesn't save the game, because gently caress everyone familiar with the original, I guess??? :shrug:

They changed Majora's Mask Original in the Japanese version to do exactly this. So basically 3DS has the "Japanese Improvements" from the original. Which yeah kinda is blah for design wise but I get it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

tiistai posted:

There is a 1.1 version of the original Japanese N64 Majora's Mask, but the differences to JP 1.0 are just a few minor bugfixes. The American version which came later has much more substantial differences, and for example the quicksave functionality was added. The save system in MM3D is an entirely new addition, it wasn't even in any of the Gamecube or VC versions.

Coulda sworn that Japanese version had the hard save anywhere ability. OR well the statues were hard saves.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Artix posted:

Japanese version had no quicksaves, but 3 save slots. US version took one out to add the owl statues.

AH! That's it. The save slots. I knew there was something that was different about saves in the Japanese version.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Sadly my editing skills are pretty poo poo! But I figure since Link finally got to Step Up™. It's time for his sick rear end dance routine to hit the streets.

Link to the Dance Floor. Footage taken from your LP Faerie.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Faerie Fortune posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love this this is amazing

Haha, glad you love it.

CrazySalamander posted:

Sounds familiar. Is that Glitch Mob?

Yep, dream within a dream.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

God drat it Faerie Fortune! This is the most magical update thus far. Standing on the flower going "How do I get over there?" I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh too much during this whole time.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

The dungeons add a different level of strife to the game. The fact that completing things does something to the world around you is also important.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I hope it's a lesson on friendship~

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

I mentioned it in the video, but here it is, the real life Zora guitar, created by Jackson guitars for a Nintendo Power contest to promote the release of this game.

Supposedly, anywhere between 5-7 of these exist, so trying to get one will probably cost you an arm, a leg and probably a kidney and a half.

I was hoping sooo much to get this, sadly never won the contests :(

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

On the subject of bees and wasps, I am solidly in Fae's camp.

Bees are harmless unless you actively piss them off.

Wasps hate you and all you stand for. Just because.

I like bees but they scare the poo poo out of me because most of the ones we have here are africanized bees. And they're kinda like wasps. They just are assholels for no reason.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

grimlock_master posted:

Speaking of wasps and bees, gently caress if I don't find the interaction between japanese wasps and bees, and the european bees we moved there just incredible

You've peaked my curiosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Japanese hornets kept murdering the poo poo out of honey bees, so the honey bees learned to hug the hornets to death. It's incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

Watching that made my skin crawl but it's very interesting.