Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Please don't be stupid folks, for the good of everyone involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Zain posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo fix your smoke detector!

I fixed it the day immediately after we recorded the first session, don't worry!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Hopefully someone can have something to say on this before the thread gets locked after someone reveals Ganon's evil(er) twin is pregnant with [s]Tim Curry's[/d] Nigel Thorn-berry's illegitimate love child, but has anyone ever found any nice LoZ themed recipes online?

"[a LoZ themed recipe] just seems like a cool idea is all."

I remember in the last thread someone found a rock sirloin recipe since I joked about wanting to try one or something when the OoT Gorons were complaining that they couldn't get any. I still haven't made it yet. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Krampus Grewcock posted:

drat, yet another reason to regret selling off my Wii.

Do you have a Wii U? You can access the old Wii Shop Channel through that. Failing that, the 3DS version is still a really good experience and if you're keeping up with this LP, you'll get to experience the original version through us!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

tiistai posted:

That day transition is pretty drat cool, too bad about PJ64 being garbage.

That's ok because we got it working starting with the next session!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

Also, ChaosArgate, your smoke detector is still going off in this video, right? Because I just changed the one in my family room yesterday, and then I heard the beeping again and I swear I started twitching.

I'm sorry! This goes on for another two episodes and we were out of 9V batteries that day! Also you'd think that taking the battery out of a smoke detector and unplugging it would do something about the constant beeping, but nope.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Longhouse posted:

Oh, this is excellent, Faerie Fortune :dance:

By the way, a few days back I found this rather lovely piano arrangement of the Clock Town theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRnNGKbFdA
I think I prefer it to the original to be honest. Very chill :)

This is a really nice rendition of Clock Town! I like it! Though, in the interest of spoilers, can I ask that future video links be posted via Polsy? That goes for everyone!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'd say remove it to be safe.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Getting help from the Goddess of Time, huh?

Man, Link's gonna run up one hell of a bill by the end of this adventure. Especially since each subsequent use costs more and more...

Considering we've got 72 hours instead of the usual 30 seconds, we probably already start with the world's largest debt. :ohdear:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey, anyone living in NA can get Majora's Mask 3D as part of Nintendo's E3 sale for $24 (I think it's about $20-21 or so with a MyNintendo account) right now!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Too bad the inn is the only establishment in Clock Town that actually serves food. :gonk:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

I never understood what bothers people about Tingle so much. :v: So what if a grown man has a slightly strange fixation on fairies?

Meanwhile, we're goons.

He's a creepy manchild whose Wind Waker incarnation fleeces you of several thousand rupees? That's why I'm not a fan of him, at least. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

(Get Monster Hunter Generations, guys. Its real good)

I don't believe you. :colbert:

Keksen posted:

Seems like the most messed up thing about Termina so far is that there are no laws against offering boat tours through poisoned water. That and Tingle.

Nah it's cool, as long as no one jumps into the water, everything will be fine.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why Fae was advised against not talking to him as human Link. Fae you were on the right track!

In my defense, I had no idea about that. I don't know why I never put 2 and 2 together there. :downs:

Drakenel posted:

I was so proud to see Fae nail the lily pad platforming quickly.

Also yeah, Wow. The torture. I forget, doesn't he actually die sometime on the third day?

I don't think so? The torture is already pretty dark for a Zelda game, having the monkey die from 3 days of torture would be really hosed up.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I like how the guard lets the thief run right past him and blocks the kid instead

Look man, who gives a poo poo that an old lady got mugged, that kid could get hurt out in the wilderness!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

Probably because they can use Deku Nuts, and it just seems logical to be able to use both?

Consider what could happen if Deku Link let a Deku Stick burn out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's not out yet but Breath of the Wild features reassembling skeletons that will pick up the arms of their skele-bros as weapons.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you're open to twitter, you can DM me if you need to. It shouldn't be too hard to find me on there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

Fair point! I didn't know she was literally using a USB N64 controller. For some reason I thought she was using something closer to an X-Box controller. And shoehorning controls on a game that's definitely not made for them probably isn't the best.

She did use a 360 controller up til like the Forest Temple in OoT, but then she got a retrolink and never looked back.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Bruceski posted:

"Tomorrow noon" as in Saturday? Because the schedule says 10/30 and "All Hallows Eve Eve" and Saturday is the 29th.

Saturday, yes. It's technically correct for the timezones where 12:00 EDT is actually past midnight!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The name rubberbanding comes from how a rubber band snaps back with more force the more you stretch it out. If we take that definition and apply it to a video game, then basically, the game will fight back harder the better you're doing. Classic Mario Kart is the quintessential example - if you're far ahead enough from the pack, the game will jack up the speed on the CPU racers so that they can actually catch up to you. Mario Kart also lets it go both ways - if you're far behind, the game will give you better items to compensate, but that doesn't really change the fact that rubberbanding is a system that really likes to push the player down while they're ahead and grind their face into the ground while they're down.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Tell me about your poker nights.

Ok, if you insist!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

What poker host is that?

PokerStars. It looks and feels like a slimy program designed to riddle your machine with malware and has a poor interface, but it's fun for the occasional poker nights we do.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I blame Artix for my 4th purchase of Majora's Mask.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Presented without comment.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 13, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fae fixed the video, but it's also currently past 1 AM her time, so I'm filling in for her while she gets some sleep. Be careful, it's not a Polsy link right now because Polsy seems to be down.

Episode 40 - Fae, Please Pay More Attention

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 14, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

So, dare we ask what was broken?

The UFO thing was a pain, but at least you had infinite arrows in the wagon chase, so that's something.

There were some audio issues on the earlier take.

FeyerbrandX posted:

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby...

:allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It was in both! Both versions say something like "you could get used to this."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So very recently, I've gotten ahold of a method to record 3DS games, so we realized we could actually show the differences between this game and its remake, so here's the first of these looks at the remake!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/superherofae/status/809839165277880320

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer posted:

The big improvement of the bow and arrow in 3D is that the arrow now flies to where the tip is located on screen. Which fucks up years of muscle memory for the people that learned how to aim in OOT/MM N64, but is incredibly more usable for anyone expecting a sane aiming experience.

The aiming change really fucks with muscle memory and the lens flare thing I pointed out in the Alien Invasion episode no longer works in 3D because of it, which I rudely found out in my mad dash to make a file for the bonus video that wouldn't spoil Fae on future things.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Eh, I think Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin did the guitar dialogue thing better. :v:

The Zora form, though. :swoon: I haven't played this, but from the looks of it I coukd swim around all day, even more so than rolling around as a Gordon!

Mr Andistan'dhin really knew how to work a crowd, considering he even got his opponent in on a jam session. :allears:

Also N64 Zora swimming is objectively the best swimming in any video game and it just feels so good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I mentioned it in the video, but here it is, the real life Zora guitar, created by Jackson guitars for a Nintendo Power contest to promote the release of this game.

Supposedly, anywhere between 5-7 of these exist, so trying to get one will probably cost you an arm, a leg and probably a kidney and a half.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ZeeToo posted:

Yeah, "Hatsune Mikau" amused me a lot, too.

I spent a couple minutes on Google and couldn't find any existing art of it.

So I got an artist friend to draw it.

:swoon:

It's beautiful!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's killing me that this one's out of sync with Fae's avatar, but this is good! Not really much you can do about that though, since Deku Link has a different run speed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

They frequently take long breaks in between recording sessions. There are three schedules to coordinate over two time zones five hours (at least) apart, after all.

We're up to three time zones now, actually! We're up to eight hours apart now, so scheduling can be a little tight at times.

Grimman007 posted:

By "theoretically", do you mean after everyone's gorged themselves on Breath of the Wild?

We probably have enough footage for us to get our fill of BotW and/or NieR Automata before we need to record again. Probably.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey, Fae, Artix and I are streaming NieR, so come join us if you can!

https://beam.pro.chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's true, I was not a fan of the new controls until we got to Zora Link in the LP and now I completely understand their value. Still kinda sucks that the classic swimming is tied to magic, but that's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I mean, if we're only counting mandatory stuff, she's more useful in MM because she's actively required to progress into Great Bay, get the Garo Mask and get into the fourth area. When we did the OoT race last Sunday, I skipped getting Epona entirely and still beat the game. She's really only necessary in OoT if you want Biggoron's sword and even then there's probably a way to make the 4 minute dash to Death Mountain without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Glad you're feeling better! Now go bug Argate about updating his NieR LP :v:

I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit down and edit or do anything LP related. :(