Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
"Brexit" is a stupid loving word, I won't use it.

Personally, I hope they do vote to leave. Just to rub salt in the wounds of the dumbass Scottish who squandered their chance to get off that sinking ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
lol if you live anywhere but the US you basically don't live in a real country. no one loving cares, bro.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

there a island there not a europe

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i saw a dutch person unironically use the word "Nexit" once

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parallax Scroll posted:

there a island there not a europe

They're connected via a "Chunnel"

A "Chunnel" is a tunnel that goes under a channel. The British smushed the words together because they're awful garbage people.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Scottish girls are cute.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

like, if you want to insist on your own language being a man falling down the stairs with a crate of vowels, that's your own choice, but there's no reason to start ruining perfectly good english words out of spite

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Windows 98 posted:

lol if you live anywhere but the US you basically don't live in a real country. no one loving cares, bro.

:agreed:

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Scottish girls are cute.

gently caress yeah redheads

FullLeatherJacket posted:

like, if you want to insist on your own language being a man falling down the stairs with a crate of vowels, that's your own choice, but there's no reason to start ruining perfectly good english words out of spite

lm loving ao

A CISHET SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 4, 2016

Aug 4, 2010

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Scottish girls are cute.

no they loving arent

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

www posted:

no they loving arent

Maybe the ones that are willing to talk to you aren't. My experiences have differed.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
They should leave the EU and the English speaking world can just create a single government letting all other nations know that any act against us by them or their people will end with us glassing everything in their borders, and then to prove me mean business blast "Rule Brittania" across all signal/radio channels while we carpet bomb a random county's entire capital in to nothing but a parking lot over the course of 15 minutes.

Or they should just stay in and keep on keepin on. I don't fuckin care what knife crime caliphate does

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

"Brexit" is a stupid loving word, I won't use it.

Personally, I hope they do vote to leave. Just to rub salt in the wounds of the dumbass Scottish who squandered their chance to get off that sinking ship.

Didn't Britain get all uppity a few years back over Scotland wanting to do this very thing?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I said come in! posted:

Didn't Britain get all uppity a few years back over Scotland wanting to do this very thing?

Yeah, Scotland held a vote on whether or not they were going to be a different country. England was all like, "don't leave, you're too stupid to govern yourselves, you retarded children. if you stay in, we'll give you more self-control, and cool stuff like ponies", and the dull-eyed Scottsih said, ok and voted to stay English. Then the English, said, "lol, no, you ain't getting poo poo".

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The EU is a bureaucratic mess of nonsensical corrupt bullshit but yeah this is probably not gonna help Britain even slightly

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1CB-D1TtXc

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

A "Chunnel" is a tunnel that goes under a channel. The British smushed the words together because they're awful garbage people.

no-one calls the channel tunnel a "chunnel"

the uk will probably vote to leave the EU, against our own interests and fuelled purely by cheap, misguided nationalism, as part of the ongoing breakup of large international organisations in favour of large multinational corporations. i look forward to working for Maas biolabs

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
USA is a trash country, but that's because it's on a trash planet filled with trash people

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, Scotland held a vote on whether or not they were going to be a different country. England was all like, "don't leave, you're too stupid to govern yourselves, you retarded children. if you stay in, we'll give you more self-control, and cool stuff like ponies", and the dull-eyed Scottsih said, ok and voted to stay English. Then the English, said, "lol, no, you ain't getting poo poo".

The two should go back to fighting each other like in that one movie with Mel Gibson who is Australian so it didn't even make sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

no-one calls the channel tunnel a "chunnel"

http://www.chunnel.org.uk/

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
it would get rid of a lot of the trash britons living on the european mainland which would be a good thing for everyone else surely

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The word brexit is totally riding on grexit's coattails.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
misread title as "Bitcoin is going to vote on whether or not to stay in the EU or not"

Bitcoin is funnier than Britain

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is upsetting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
UK should defiantly leave the despotic EU. i have been hearing rumors that the germans really want to form an EU army, you know so that they can take italians to quell riots in france or whatever just like the old roman empire (as national armies might not what to oppress their own people).

the ones that want to leave have been talking about starting up a union with other commonwealth nations to substitute the EU. i think thats a fantastic idea, lets have world English Empire or Canada/US/UK/Australia. it would be much better and more powerful than that smelly EU!

Booblord Zagats posted:

They should leave the EU and the English speaking world can just create a single government letting all other nations know that any act against us by them or their people will end with us glassing everything in their borders, and then to prove me mean business blast "Rule Brittania" across all signal/radio channels while we carpet bomb a random county's entire capital in to nothing but a parking lot over the course of 15 minutes.

this is the right idea

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 4, 2016

Aug 4, 2010

i think an eu army would be great

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

The thing the filthy Europeans don't understand is that if you want to be a world power by joining all these disparate states together then you have to be a citizen of the EU first and German/French/British second. You'll see East/West coast rivalries and New Yorker's and Texans bickering about whose state and policies are better but we're Americans first and foremost. You can't just vote to leave your union when times are bad, like yeah the American South takes more from the federal funding bucket than it will ever put in, and removing them from the US would probably save a lot of money on infrastructure/welfare programs but we didn't just let them walk out on the union in 1860/1861 and we won't didn't vote to force them out when the recession hit.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

www posted:

no they loving arent
But they make up for by being ready and willing to perform any sex act known to man at the drop of a hat.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tectonis posted:

The thing the filthy Europeans don't understand is that if you want to be a world power by joining all these disparate states together then you have to be a citizen of the EU first and German/French/British second. You'll see East/West coast rivalries and New Yorker's and Texans bickering about whose state and policies are better but we're Americans first and foremost. You can't just vote to leave your union when times are bad, like yeah the American South takes more from the federal funding bucket than it will ever put in, and removing them from the US would probably save a lot of money on infrastructure/welfare programs but we didn't just let them walk out on the union in 1860/1861 and we won't didn't vote to force them out when the recession hit.
It's almost as if trying to take a bunch of different peoples with different customs and different languages who've been warring on and off for two thousand years and lumping them together into a "union" is an idea that probably won't work.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

I like to ride the train in the chunnel, CHOO CHOO!

3rd longest railway tunnel in the world (2nd until recently), and the train goes really fast....like 186MPH. But it's reduced to 100MPH in the tunnel so we don't wake up the fishes.

spud fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 4, 2016

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
VOTE FOR BREXIT

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tectonis posted:

the south actually had things worth fighting for in 1860/1861 and the civil war happened because they started it

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Destroy the UK.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crazy Ted posted:

It's almost as if trying to take a bunch of different peoples with different customs and different languages who've been warring on and off for two thousand years and lumping them together into a "union" is an idea that probably won't work.

no it works fine, you just have to have a strong emperor. Angela Merkel is not Charlemagne, Augustus, Napoleon, or Hitler unfortunately.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Tectonis posted:

The thing the filthy Europeans don't understand is that if you want to be a world power by joining all these disparate states together then you have to be a citizen of the EU first and German/French/British second.
The European Union is not comparable to the United States, is not intended to be, and most people do not want it to be. All these disparate states are not being joined together.

Rutibex posted:

UK should defiantly leave the despotic EU. i have been hearing rumors that the germans really want to form an EU army, you know so that they can take italians to quell riots in france or whatever just like the old roman empire (as national armies might not what to oppress their own people).
lol

A strictly defensive European military alliance would be a good thing because then we could have mutual defense without also having to be part of American empire-building.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Italians would just get their asses kicked like they have in every other major cross-national conflict of recent memory.

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON
Jan 7, 2006

EARL IS A FAT CUNT
Do one europe, pay for your own poo poo. Good luck with that middle east lot!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Elukka posted:

The European Union is not comparable to the United States, is not intended to be, and most people do not want it to be. All these disparate states are not being joined together.

Yeah, America was founded on ideals, the EU was founded on desperately not wanting World War three, and also improving the mobility of capital and labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elukka posted:

A strictly defensive European military alliance would be a good thing because then we could have mutual defense without also having to be part of American empire-building.

yes it is a good idea to give a monolithic corrupt bureaucracy (that has no democratic accountability) an army!

maybe if the EU had a real parliament and elections, and was you know a proper nation it would make sense. but i have big problems giving an army to an organization that is as transparent and accountable as the Chinese Communist Party

• Locked thread