Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Elukka posted:

The European Union is not comparable to the United States, is not intended to be, and most people do not want it to be. All these disparate states are not being joined together.

p sure that all these disparate European states joined together to form a stability and economic growth pact. :confused:

Also America is the greatest nation by all metrics that matter, they project more power than any other nation, they hand out more PHDs than any other nation, and have the highest GDP. You prove my point about Europeans being nation-state first EU second by saying that not everyone wants to enter into a union like the states did so thanks for that. :911:

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hope this happens so that my annoying English coworker has something gently caress up with his visa so he has to go home and never comes back to my workplace

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
You can tell it really matters because two guys from the same party are heading the stay and leave campaigns.

Aug 4, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

I hope this happens so that my annoying English coworker has something gently caress up with his visa so he has to go home and never comes back to my workplace

imaging having 54 million of them right on ur door step

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tectonis posted:

p sure that all these disparate European states joined together to form a stability and economic growth pact. :confused:

Also America is the greatest nation by all metrics that matter, they project more power than any other nation, they hand out more PHDs than any other nation,and have the highest GDP. You prove my point about Europeans being nation-state first EU second by saying that not everyone wants to enter into a union like the states did so thanks for that. :911:

:bsdsnype:

I would hope so, considering we are several magnitudes larger in terms of population than any EU country.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

university of phoenix

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jBrereton posted:

You can tell it really matters because two guys from the same party are heading the stay and leave campaigns.
The Tories won another term in Parliament and then immediately set about tearing themselves apart. Quite impressive imo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh the pound is still p strong

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
britain should join up with america and canada and maybe australia if they ask nicely but they wont because they're pricks so gently caress em

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

whoflungpoop posted:

britain should join up with america and canada and maybe australia if they ask nicely but they wont because they're pricks so gently caress em

don't forget New Zealand! :ohdear:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whoflungpoop posted:

The Trans-Atlantic League of Democratic Organisms

Starring:

The Beaver (Canada)
The Eagle (U.S.A.)
The Lion (England)
The Leprechaun (Ireland)
The Misfit Leprechaun (Northern Ireland)
The Sheep that has not yet been hosed by a farmer (Wales)
Sean Connery (Scotland)

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
You forgot The Decapitated Corpse Rotting in the Desert (Mexico)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Rutibex posted:

don't forget New Zealand! :ohdear:

:ssh: New Zealand doesn't exist, it's an elaborate tax dodge for wealthy Australians

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

university of phoenix

i dont think they do phds but idk maybe they do

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Crazy Ted posted:

Something about this seems off

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
How difficult is it for a foreigner to travel to Wales with the intent to gently caress a sheep, anyways?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

The Trans-Atlantic League of Democratic Organisms

Starring:

The Beaver (Canada)
The Eagle (U.S.A.)
The Lion (England)
The Leprechaun (Ireland)
The Misfit Leprechaun (Northern Ireland)
Sean Connery (Scotland)

I'm pretty sure Sean Connery is secretly Welsh?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Node posted:

How difficult is it for a foreigner to travel to Wales with the intent to gently caress a sheep, anyways?
Actually they'll give you a travel visa specifically to do just that.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Also I like this idea that the EU forming a joint defense coalition means they wouldn't still be dependent on US security guarantees.

Let's see European nations start tripling their annual military budgets.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

welsh signs are all in a complex cypher for defense, to prevent just this scenario. there are only so many sheep, and the welsh need them for themselves. it's like japan, only the locals get the real goods, foreigners will be given a goat in a sweater to gently caress

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

whoflungpoop posted:

It will be glorious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6psBoDDJUo

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The british are going to pussy out like idiots and europe is going to be stuck with them another 10 years.
We were ready to let the muslim horde through, it was supposed to be pretty funny

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Also I like this idea that the EU forming a joint defense coalition means they wouldn't still be dependent on US security guarantees.

No we don't want them to have armies large enough to gently caress poo poo up with. Give them that and they inevitably go back to fighting each other as soon as a generation who can't remember the last major war comes along.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Seeing that EU didnt let Turkey in it makes sense Britain bows out of the EU in a show of Muslim solidarity

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

The French Army! posted:

No we don't want them to have armies large enough to gently caress poo poo up with. Give them that and they inevitably go back to fighting each other as soon as a generation who can't remember the last major war comes along.

Please- they'll try and re-conquer North Africa first, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

This, basically. Britain is just pissy the US is using the hun and not them as their catspaw in NATO/EU.

• Locked thread