Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

No! Tell that guy to go gently caress himself and speak your goddamn mind. You earned it and gently caress the haters, what can they do really? Nothing. loving nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Welcome back Forums Mom. We got to stay up late and build a pillow fort and jump on the bed and, and....

Realtalk, who would volunteer to be a mod of this place? It would be like trying to herd cats.

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
LA is good

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

The Enforcer posted:

LOL what the gently caress are you talking about? You loving idiot Mods are the problem!

You weren't even here when this place WAS good!

You want to make this place better? Burn your loving computer!

Actually, this is a really good post. You know this place makes your husband miserable but he needs it to help put food on the table. Why would you post here, or even worse, pretend to moderate? You know that it will 100% lead to drama. There are a lot of people that take the internet seriously, the user base here included. Some people will kiss your rear end because your Lowtax's wife. Other people see you as an outsider who "slept their way into authority". Whatever the case, you don't belong here. Your presence will cause problems and that will spill over into your home life. Nothing but unhappiness will result from your using the forums. Stop posting here. Forget Something Awful ever existed. You will be much better off for it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tenspott posted:

Actually, this is a really good post. You know this place makes your husband miserable but he needs it to help put food on the table. Why would you post here, or even worse, pretend to moderate? You know that it will 100% lead to drama. There are a lot of people that take the internet seriously, the user base here included. Some people will kiss your rear end because your Lowtax's wife. Other people see you as an outsider who "slept their way into authority". Whatever the case, you don't belong here. Your presence will cause problems and that will spill over into your home life. Nothing but unhappiness will result from your using the forums. Stop posting here. Forget Something Awful ever existed. You will be much better off for it.

lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

tenspott posted:

Lol shut the gently caress up empress ambien is good and you are a no name gently caress

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

tenspott posted:

what the heck is going on in here lol

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Lol shut the gently caress up empress ambien is good and you are a no name gently caress

it's actually lowtax lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
free nooner
free dgsw

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

nooner and dgsw are the shitposters you know. wouldn't you rather them than some unfunny randos taking their place?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i intuitively believe that one of the mods here has gained access to my marineg2 file and is altering biodetails. it is not safe to post here.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Orkin Mang posted:

i intuitively believe that one of the mods here has gained access to my marineg2 file and is altering biodetails. it is not safe to post here.

Stay vigilant :ninja:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

tenspott posted:

Post an autoban thread and leave then

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

tenspott posted:

lol, nice meltdown.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

Post an autoban thread and leave then

You missed the point, friend.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Mister Gooniverse was the last legit funny poster in GBS, and he hasn't posted in years.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

tenspott posted:

The point is you're melting down like butter on a hot day over the things people post on the internet

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tenspott posted:

you should consider taking your own advice
the forums probably aren't doing your blood pressure any favors

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sleeping your way to modding gbs is so shameful a notion that even windows98 didn't stoop to it in his quest for modhood

e: it is unthinkable is my meaning, not that ambien is shameful just in case you're thick

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I once told a mod to gently caress off. That's why my forums nickname is old hickory.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

The point is you're melting down like butter on a hot day over the things people post on the internet

I am sorry you don't get it. All I'm saying is go and ask any of the former mods who resigned if they think Lowtax's internet stalkers are going to take it easy on his wife. They are very persistent. LadyAmbien should leave for her own sake and never come back. She will be much happier in the long run.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

tenspott posted:

I am sorry you don't get it. All I'm saying is go and ask any of the former mods who resigned if they think Lowtax's internet stalkers are going to take it easy on his wife. They are very persistent. LadyAmbien should leave for her own sake and never come back. She will be much happier in the long run.

Nice mansplaining :rolleyes:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Germstore posted:

I once told a mod to gently caress off. That's why my forums nickname is old hickory.

i'm called corn buddy for unrelated reasons

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
How to be a mod:

1) sit back and crack a beer.
2) probe/ban the malicious users.
3) participate in the threads you find funny.
4) close the threads people don't like (which the vote-tron will help you determine)
5) crack another beer.
6) help generate shiny new content.

I could do that! What's all this fuss about lately

>You crack another BEER

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Nice mansplaining :rolleyes:

He has all the answers!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Serviette posted:

We could all step up in this regard

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

tenspott posted:

This is art and I intend to print it and frame it.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Serviette posted:

How to be a mod:

1) sit back and crack a beer.
2) probe/ban the malicious users.
3) participate in the threads you find funny.
4) close the threads people don't like (which the vote-tron will help you determine)
5) crack another beer.

I could do that! What's all this fuss about lately

>You crack another BEER

it's like you never been on this website before

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Someone find my thread called "hey gino, get a load of fuckass over here"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i mod

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

JiveHonky posted:

it's like you never been on this website before

Explain?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

tenspott posted:

WH0A

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

Anyone who gives a poo poo about this thread, positively or negatively, is probably an SA person of some kind. So none of this really matters. We're all dumb fucks who post on internet forums.

You don't sound drunk. What gives?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Btw have you finished jacking off Xie?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

being a mod is about harrassing posters you don't like until they melt down and quit the website. Not whatever stuff you were talking about lol

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Unprobate Applewhite pls

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

TheChad posted:

Unprobate Applewhite pls

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

TheChad posted:

Unprobate Applewhite pls

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

JiveHonky posted:

being a mod is about harrassing posters you don't like until they melt down and quit the website. Not whatever stuff you were talking about lol

You mean, it's not nearly as simple as I imagined?

:ohdear:

Thank you for your wisdom, JiveHonky. You have brought me closer to the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

tenspott posted:

this guys a rear end in a top hat but he's right. nothing good can come from modding gbs for lady a. being a gbs mod seems like an infuriating chore. a job i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. anyways god bless.

• Locked thread