Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wafflz posted:

Star Citizen is the 6th most expensive video game to develop ever in adjusted 2016 bucks, even higher if you factor out marketing budgets which CIG claims they don't have even though the only thing they actually do is marketing.

Fallout 4 isn't even in the top 43

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
I would wonder what actually made the most money ratio wise. I'd just as soon assume WoW given how god drat long it's been running with subscription costs etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

sk3l3tor posted:

I'm going to chop my dick off and eat it raw if this game doesn't come out soon

:toxx:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a page out of it:

want a FOIA request on those redacted bits

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Crow_Rodeo posted:

want a FOIA request on those redacted bits

Hmmm. No. How about another page?

I probably shouldn't be posting this stuff. It's super serious and secret.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
wow OPSEC

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

spacetoaster posted:

Hmmm. No. How about another page?

I probably shouldn't be posting this stuff. It's super serious and secret.

it's mercilessly nerdy and utterly, uncontrollably gay as well which are two other reasons

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

do the people who made that manual still think the game is going to come out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's mercilessly nerdy and utterly, uncontrollably gay as well which are two other reasons

For the time it was the height of comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhjG43Ckiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL47kHiHBy8

*edit* One more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjj4e1VRfc

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 25, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

do the people who made that manual still think the game is going to come out

Nope. I think everyone involved has pretty much cashed out at this point.

TBF, that manual was a parody (obviously) of something a bunch of Shitizens came up with that had all these highly detailed tactics and strategies for a game that hadn't even seen game play demoed yet, it was all theorycrafting.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
peak goonfleet was actually pretty amazing

those days are loooooong gone though

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Young Freud posted:

Nope. I think everyone involved has pretty much cashed out at this point.

TBF, that manual was a parody (obviously) of something a bunch of Shitizens came up with that had all these highly detailed tactics and strategies for a game that hadn't even seen game play demoed yet, it was all theorycrafting.

i think I saw that manual, it was pretty cringey

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Wafflz posted:

Star Citizen is the 6th most expensive video game to develop ever in adjusted 2016 bucks, even higher if you factor out marketing budgets which CIG claims they don't have even though the only thing they actually do is marketing.

Fallout 4 isn't even in the top 43

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

i dont care about star citizen but it would have been nice if someone had given fallout4 a bunch of money so that it didnt look like total garbage

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i think I saw that manual, it was pretty cringey

I kinda forget, but I believe there was a bit in it about space semaphore and thinking it would play some sort of poo poo in the game, which is basically when you a lot of it was pulled from navy training manuals.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Internaut! posted:

peak goonfleet was actually pretty amazing

those days are loooooong gone though

Do people still play EVE?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

i made a video a long time ago about it and put horns in it and someone told me to take the horns out so i put more airhorns in and made another video and now the airhorns are like a star citizen meme or something
So worth it

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
how is this thread not eating its young yet

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

i dont care about star citizen but it would have been nice if someone had given fallout4 a bunch of money so that it didnt look like total garbage

it looked better than Skyrim.

Oh...

ok

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Young Freud posted:

I kinda forget, but I believe there was a bit in it about space semaphore and thinking it would play some sort of poo poo in the game, which is basically when you a lot of it was pulled from navy training manuals.

If you go to the Star Citizen website and make a thread about Space Semaphore within 72 hours Chris Roberts will show up and tell you that it is going to be in the game and he's very excited about implementing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

• Locked thread