Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Blessings to you and your family during this most auspicious time. May Allah bless you with an easy fast inshallah.

How are you planning to spend this blessed month GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I still hate my co-worker who I had to go on a business trip with that acted the dick the whole time and felt like he got to pick dinner every night just because the rest of us got to eat lunch during his fancy moon god month and he had been up since sunrise and fasting.

rear end in a top hat wouldn't even drink with us in the evenings :grin:

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
رمضان مبارك

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont know what that is it sounds scary

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

انا مثلي

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bang-a-gong, Ramadan.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

'-0|8--)-000-|<==

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ramada inn is open 365 days a year

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

makes u think

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i stayed at a ramadan a couple of times, i find their rooms to be clean and well-kept

e: ^ great minds ^

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The ramada inn perhaps? Its not bad I agree. I even got to eat sausage on the breakfast buffet during ramadan while my idiot co-worker fasted and got super grumpy.

I'm surprised the middle east made it this long if they have to fast during the day for an entire month i figure they would all just grow extra extra angry (even more than usual) and kill each other oh wait

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
la Allah ille Allah wa Muhammad rasool Allah

blessings be on all goons, I'd say try to drink a little less in solidarity with our brothers of Islam but I would be a gigantic hypocrite because I'm drunk all day erry day and don't plan on stopping just because Allah

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Does Iran Islam do Ramadi too or is it just Saudi Arabia Islam.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

if you want to eat double cheeseburgers during times of fasting consider joining my congregation

greek unorthodoxy has a bunch of great perks

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
i heard saudi arabia is gonna ban those prayer plates that iran islams use

stay safe persia bros

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Hmm, an opportunity to learn about other cultures...

How are you planning to spend 'this most auspicious time', OP?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Volcott posted:

Does Iran Islam do Ramadi too or is it just Saudi Arabia Islam.

All Muslims. As far as I know.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I don't think goons could possibly survive if told they couldn't eat when the sun is out

Then again I don't think they ever see the sun so maybe it doesn't matter, can any forums imams clear this up for us?

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

mdm posted:

I don't think goons could possibly survive if told they couldn't eat when the sun is out

Then again I don't think they ever see the sun so maybe it doesn't matter, can any forums imams clear this up for us?

Tbf, most things that goons eat aren't widely considered "food"

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
great, now all my co-workers get to be lazy

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wendigee posted:

All Muslims. As far as I know.

Yeah it's one of the 5 pillars and pretty much every sect observes it (even though the actual term 5 pillars isn't even used by everyone they all pretty much agree on at least those things)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ramadan is when muslims dont have fun (eat/drink/smoke/gently caress) between sun up and sun down for an entire month, for some reason. I think you get out of it if you're on your period or pregnant so basically its the only time of the year that muslim women get the best deal out of their religion.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Not eating is easy but not drinking is brutal and probably hellish in those desert/jungle countries most muslims live in

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this about noodles? Namaste!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Bismuth posted:

Ramadan is when muslims dont have fun (eat/drink/smoke/gently caress) between sun up and sun down for an entire month, for some reason. I think you get out of it if you're on your period or pregnant so basically its the only time of the year that muslim women get the best deal out of their religion.

gonna go on a "business" trip to find the nice drunk pregnant ladies

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
Wiping my rear end, like every other month?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You have to make up for missing fast actually... so even pregnant women who can't fast have to pay it back to the moon God.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

living in a neighborhood with a lot of people who observe it, but not actually celebrating it

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Serviette posted:

Hmm, an opportunity to learn about other cultures...

How are you planning to spend 'this most auspicious time', OP?

I'm actually gonna try and fast to see how hard it is. Wish me luck!

I ate Nandos and drank half a pitcher of their ok sangria tonight as my last meal before taking the plunge.

My prognosis is that the hardest thing is actually gonna be waking up at 4 am to eat before dawn.

I'm still doing it easy mode because I'm not praying 5 times a day. Privilege checked.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

im going to eat bacon every day for ramadan

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Wendigee posted:

You have to make up for missing fast actually... so even pregnant women who can't fast have to pay it back to the moon God.

Wow that sucks big time

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
...MOON GOD??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

uh its on the muslim flag

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jenner posted:

I'm actually gonna try and fast to see how hard it is. Wish me luck!

I ate Nandos and drank half a pitcher of their ok sangria tonight as my last meal before taking the plunge.

My prognosis is that the hardest thing is actually gonna be waking up at 4 am to eat before dawn.

I'm still doing it easy mode because I'm not praying 5 times a day. Privilege checked.

You can't drink water during the day either enjoy your hangover!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I kind of get all of those except the fasting, they sort of apply to most religions (swap out mecca for some other holy land/place/thing)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

even jews allow drinking water during yom kippur. granted, that's a 24-hour fast, and not a sunrise-to-sunset one

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Man, having to go all the way to Holy Terra is gonna suck for Muslim space travelers.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

even jews allow drinking water during yom kippur. granted, that's a 24-hour fast, and not a sunrise-to-sunset one

Yeah it's a total fast minus the pregnant and disabled etc but maybe I'm wrong. No food or fluids from sunrise to sunset a and be a dick about dinner because you are hangry you know?

• Locked thread