Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

okay, I'm recording this meeting, we can start now

*60 minutes later*

oh, it stopped recording past the first 30 seconds. we might have to do this again tomorrow with biz present so they can see what we've done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

maybe he made them himself???

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I'm the person that repeatedly interrupts everyone mid discussion to loudly ask, "who just joined?"

the Cisco join and drop beeps are both my muse and my master

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

i had a call that went well today, but it wasn't a conference call

:heysexy:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

hey guys just joining in from the airport before my flight, so on the wolensky I file, it's very important that

*baby starts crying in the background*

because otherwise

*flight announcement in the background*

ok gotta go

lol

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

dr buzz's rapid regurgitation diet

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Mad Wack posted:

Our 25 person conf call once got to listen to a VP order a shamrock shake from a mcdonalds drive thru, taste it, and send it back

bit too long to be the thread title, shame

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Necc0 posted:

does skype for business have banner ads? if there's one thing that bugs me the most about normal-skype is those drat banner ads stealing my focus at random times

you can block those with a hosts file entry. why yes, i do enjoy janitoring my chat and videoconferencing client

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

mishaq posted:

my coworker who lives 1500 miles from
me never mutes himself on any of our group calls and loves to hum to himself or react audibly to whatever he's reading instead of paying attention to the meeting

lol

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

sure, but you left out the entire storyline where he learned the 4 computer chakras from the mystical sock n sandals sv guru. also, the part about the whole book being transparently IT middle-manager self-insert fan fiction

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

your PM is a treasure.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

this is every project

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

uncurable mlady posted:

how many levels of consulting are you on right now

lmao

I would really like a high enough res version of that absurd agile (v3) masterpiece to print out and plaster across a wall

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

based on the description, I was expecting a link to the Phoenix project, but this is good too

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

anthonypants posted:

our dba is asking the vendor if they have a feature and the sales guy is explaining that they don't

this can't be real

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

carry on then posted:

the best way to help someone who's confused about release dates is to say NO. NO. NO. NO. while they try to explain what's confusing them, then contradict what you just said, then get huffy when they still don't understand

oh so you're scrum certified too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I think the overall average is lower for project managers than devs, but the ceiling may be higher

pms also tend to get poo poo on wayyy more than individual developers, often due to mgmt giving impossible or contradictory requirements and timeframes. I don't think it would make sense to go the pm direction unless you can't hack it as a developer or they're preemptively backing up a truckload of figgies

Clockwerk fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 5, 2017

• Locked thread