Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Fish Noise posted:

Tell me there will be a bonus doodleladoo supercut at the end.

Now there will be. Least I can do in return for that gif.

The whole theme song thing originated when Danaru guest-commentated in my Just Cause 2 LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 9: "Oh poo poo somehow you died"

This Fourth of July, we celebrate our independence from our bodies, and also from using weapons.
Massacring exorcists has never looked so fun.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was listening to the Ace Attorney soundtrack recently and noticed that one of the tracks was named "Cornered". Maybe that could be your hiding-behind-a-corner music?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 10: "Why are you so good at shooting people"

I don't care what Danaru says, Fruit Punch Man can eat a dick.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
A vase to face encounter?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
You're pronouncing "vase" wrong. It should be "vaseta la vista."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

With the way machine guns auto advance time to burst fire, having more than one bullet in them would probably be a liability in FULLSTOP.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
"Why don't you say that to my vase?!"

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 11: "Teletubbies"

Feel free to inform Danaru of the location of the Marianas Trench.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
It's in the ocean

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I get which ocean the Marianas Trench is in confused a lot too, usually because I'm mixing it up with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pacific ocean is the worst ocean :colbert:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

The previous episode made me want to watch an eternal hell of vase to face.

But this new episode has enlightened me to the merits of throwable variety.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If neither Fish Noise nor either commentator wants to call dibs, I'd love to nab one of those as an avatar. :allears:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am too poor to buy myself an avatar. And I think Danaru's going to keep his diamond doggy but feel free to ask him about it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 12: "Welcome to the no fun zone"

The last challenge is complete. Does that mean the LP is over?

Of course not, gotta do the theme song supercut, plus I have at least one bonus episode.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
DO DO DO DOOO

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'd like to say I'm sorry but I'm not entirely sure I am. :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 13: "I don't know what I was expecting"

Danaru finally learns what exactly is in the WIRES folder. You won't believe his reaction! Or maybe you will!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Someone had some fun making those extras.

I wonder what other games out there have Demoscene / Crack style stuff aside from this, SWYDS2015DYSSWYD, and .kkrieger

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

That cellular folder, those were cellular automata. Simple mathematical rules that can lead to emergent complex behaviour. The first one was the most famous one, Conway's Game of Life.

Anyway, in SHRL.exe, what was in those other files in the "OS" within the program within PiOS? I'm dying to find out.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Cellular refers to cellular automata, two of the most famous of which are the game of life and langton's ant.

Game of life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Plq-D1gEk&t=229s
Langtons ant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWBToaXK5T0

The game of life is famous in particular for its "gliders" which are often considered a symbol of hacker culture.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I didn't want to mention it in the episode since it's kinda a boring story, but the ant/life thing reminded me of back when I was in college doing programming, we had to create a program involving ants and antlions, the rules were (it's been years also I've had a few, so these aren't precise):

An ant moves around the grid three times, then spawns another ant
An antlion either eats any ant adjacent to it or if theres no ants, moves to a random space. If it doesn't eat for four turns it dies. Every eight turns, it spawns another antlion.

If done properly, it creates an ecosystem that can run basically forever, otherwise either ants take over the board, or antlions take over the board then all starve to death. It was a super interesting assignment. It's especially interesting because I managed to actually screw it up since Antlions didn't quite spawn right, but the ecosystem was stable so the teacher gave me full marks anyway.

So anyway, there's that.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wires refers to another cellular automaton: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireworld

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 14: "Doo doo doo la doo"

I'm sure there's a Canadian equivalent of America's Got Talent or something I could submit this to on Danaru's behalf.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

That is an almost-perfect video. Almost.

Fortunately, playback speed controls are now built into youtube!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Fish Noise posted:

That is an almost-perfect video. Almost.

Fortunately, playback speed controls are now built into youtube!

Thanks to your comment I watched the video twice.

I regret nothing.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 14: "Doo doo doo la doo"

I'm sure there's a Canadian equivalent of America's Got Talent or something I could submit this to on Danaru's behalf.

Sorry CirclMastr, this is the best update of the whole LP

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Glaive17 posted:

Sorry CirclMastr, this is the best update of the whole LP

Then it's probably a good place to end things. Thanks to everyone who posted, and especially thanks to Danaru for gracing us with his musical stylings as well as Fish Noise for his visual stylings!

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

CirclMastr posted:

Then it's probably a good place to end things. Thanks to everyone who posted, and especially thanks to Danaru for gracing us with his musical stylings as well as Fish Noise for his visual stylings!

Just to be clear, I didn't mean that as a dig against the LP, I was just teasing a bit. Thanks for LP'ing this! I played the entire game the day it came out, and it was just as fun watching you guys go through it together!

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
If we stop moving, can we freeze the thread here using time wizard powers and never have to end it?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

What, no episode of finding the secret computers? I figured Danaru would have some good reactions for some of the more bullshit ones.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hellsau posted:

What, no episode of finding the secret computers? I figured Danaru would have some good reactions for some of the more bullshit ones.

Oh god, THAT bullshit. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather do the slappy hands challenge again. Or even Regular-amount-of-punches Man challenge.

If I'm going to do that, it'll at least be a while to get Danaru around for commentary again.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 7: "Rules of nature motherfucker"

I made sure to fold this video a thousand times before posting it.

Best Star Wars game made to date.

No, seriously, the way the Force gets described in books is basically this.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Episode 15: "I'm sorry that you had to do all this"

gently caress these secrets and gently caress this game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

"Goon in the thread that wanted this, you're getting it, I hope you're happy"

Very.

e: whoops called out

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

CirclMastr posted:

Episode 15: "I'm sorry that you had to do all this"

gently caress these secrets and gently caress this game.

I think we can all agree, THIS is the best update. :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
More like SuperNot :c00lbert:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Danaru posted:

More like SuperNot :c00lbert:

Doo doo doo la doo Danaru doesn't get to judge after laughing through that whole video doo doo doo la doo he even said we would love it and he was right doo doo doo la doo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

We are now two for two on amazing things happening when we get CirclMastr to do them. What deviltry shall we think up next?

• Locked thread