Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Okay I'll discard Greater Good.

I don't think we can change Leader before our next actions, but I think Diana could move 1 space closer to Jacqueline on her turn, and when Finn moves to that space on his turn he could use his personal action to both investigators the next space necessary.

Stelas, am I reading that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mykkel posted:

Okay I'll discard Greater Good.

I don't think we can change Leader before our next actions, but I think Diana could move 1 space closer to Jacqueline on her turn, and when Finn moves to that space on his turn he could use his personal action to both investigators the next space necessary.

Stelas, am I reading that right?

Nope, because I can only move us over sea or train spaces, so I'd have to make the first move.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So I'm pretty sure I'm just discharging my debt and buying more stuff? Does anyone need Clues?

I can investigate the mysterious disappearances this turn.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

So I'm pretty sure I'm just discharging my debt and buying more stuff? Does anyone need Clues?

I can investigate the mysterious disappearances this turn.

I'd like an extra action, so I can hand off one of my weapons to Diana before we go piling on in. I still need a confirmation if we are or are not allowed to change lead investigator.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Wait actually:

-Diana trades with me and takes my Blunderbuss on her turn, and then does a non-movement action of choice.
-I move myself and Diana with my charater action, then move to the Pyramids.
-Charlie Kane gives Diana an extra action, which she can use to move to the Pyramids.

That should work.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

"Change of plans, sweetheart! We've got big problems in Egypt, and we need to get there yesterday. Some politico out of Washington is paying the big bucks for this, so take this and move it!"

Character action to move Diana and Finn to 10.
Finn moves to the Pyramids.

Encounters: Monsters -> Gate -> Wilderness (if Wilderness, use Mineralogy Research)

[In pursuit of the plan just above]

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 10, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm on the way to work so I can't immediately check, but I thought LI could be moved at the start of each round, ie before any actions are resolved. My phone cannot cope with FFG's pdf files.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Loan sharks, injuries, deals with the devil: why does all this poo poo have to happen in the middle of my election campaign? I'm officially making this someone else's problem.

Attempt to discharge Debt.
Give Diana an Action

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

That sounds good to me. Assuming that Stelas agrees that fool of Sounds plan will work, my actions:

1. Trade with Finn, get Blunderbass holy cross, give Elder Sign.
2. Focus

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 9, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stelas posted:

I'm on the way to work so I can't immediately check, but I thought LI could be moved at the start of each round, ie before any actions are resolved. My phone cannot cope with FFG's pdf files.

After each Mythos Phase.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stelas posted:

It's not a big deal either way. Making me lead will just save Charlie an action at the expense of Diana, and I think I'd rather have Diana get the focus for the Blunderbuss.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline will continue to lie there, cursing the malevolent whims of fate.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If anyone has some way to remove Diana's curse, that would be wonderful too.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

After each Mythos Phase.

Right, but that's fundamentally the same as 'the start of each new turn' - since you guys haven't run any actions yet, you're fine to switch Lead Investigator around by committee if you'd like.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Nah, the new plan will work fine. Hey Daisy, if you have an extra action, it's be great if you would try to Banish something on the Pyramids. actually the change of banishing the dhole is slim and the other stuff isn't too dangerous; probably a waste.

e: yeah, we have a pretty solid chance of clearing one or both of the weak monsters quickly. Diana has Wither and Jacqueline has Kerosene for the dhole. Jacqueline should probably also save her Flesh Ward for herself, in case of bad luck on the dhole.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 9, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
oops

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Agnes Baker - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2. 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Storm of Spirits - Spell, Incantation - When resolving a Combat encounter, you may resolve a Lore test in place of the Strength test, using the same test modifier. If you do, flip this card. Back: ???
  • Intervene - Spell, Incantation, Teamwork - When another investigator resolves a Combat encounter, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator gains +3 Strength during that encounter. Then flip this card. Back: ???
  • Profane Tome - Item, Tome - You may reroll one die when resolving a Will test during a Combat encounter.
  • Mystic Bounty Hunter - Ally - Gain +1 Strength during Combat encounters. Gain +2 Lore when resolving spell effects.

It was one of those days. Summon otherworldly powers to destroy your enemies, make a new friend, and travel through exciting new dimensions. Agnes sighed and tried to remember something - anything - that could help her out.

Another day, another monster.

1. Personal Action: Test Lore-1 to gain a spell.
2. Move to City of the Elder Things.

Encounter: Combat, then hopefully the Gate.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, Diana, trade me the elder sign for the holy cross? That'll probably be more helpful for both of us.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Edited my action to include cross sign trade.

Encounter is Combat. Then Gate.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 10, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mykkel posted:

Encounter is Combat.

Do also add what you intend to do if the monsters are cleared from the space i.e. Gate or Wilderness!

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Stelas posted:

Do also add what you intend to do if the monsters are cleared from the space i.e. Gate or Wilderness!

Sorry edited post.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If the gate's still there on my encounter, gate, otherwise wilderness.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Diana discards For the Greater Good. For reference, this one would have destroyed all monsters on spaces containing Gates, then wiped all Gates off the board, then devoured Diana at no Doom penalty. For the Greater Good rules.
Diana trades with Finn, then Focuses.
Jacqueline is having a bit of a nap.
Finn launches himself and one passenger off towards the Pyramids.
Charlie clears his Debt easily (Influence: 2 4 4 6 6 6 r6) and then ships Diana to the Pyramids.
Agnes racks her brain (Lore-1: 4 4 4) and heads to the City of the Elder Things.

From here on out I'm going to assume Agnes is Storm of Spiritsing because maaaaan did she draw lucky on that one.

I'm not sure what to do regarding Focus tokens and rolls. Should I treat them as auto-use if you're going to fail? Since they're consumable I should probably treat them as after-the-fact, I guess.

Action Queue
- Diana: Spend Health to activate your Task?
- Daisy: 2 actions.
- Jacqueline: Confirming whether you're kerosening + your priorities for Flesh Ward ahead of time would be generally handy for speed purposes.

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Sure I'll activate the task.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

When Daisy made a lead on a case, she didn't expect the police to drag her along. While she was comfortably outside during the encounter, the sight and the screams as the policemen burned to their deaths in front of her was not what she expected. Still, from what she could tell the missing persons weren't there. There had to be a clue somewhere...

Actions:
Rest: Up to 5 Sanity now.
---Extra - Old Journal: 2 dice, trying to claim my prize
---Extra - Arcane Tome: 4 dice for a new spell.
Banishment: 8 dice targeting The Pyramids. I can't tell what the monsters are, but preferential order is 5-toughness thing, followed by Paranoia-causing thing. Don't kill the Ally Asset one, Diana can probably nab herself a buddy.
Encounter: Let's grind our way through the Mysterious Disappearances again.

I can still give the boost with Banishment, I literally have the action to spare and I like knowing the back of my spells when it's safe(?).

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Yeah, never not be Storm of Spiriting.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If anyone takes more than 2 damage, I'll flesh ward. Also, I'll flesh ward for 1 damage if anyone asks for it.

I'll use the kerosene if I have to fight the 5 toughness dickweed, otherwise I'll save it and take my lumps.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tendales posted:

Jacqueline: If anyone takes more than 2 damage, I'll flesh ward. Also, I'll flesh ward for 1 damage if anyone asks for it.

I'll use the kerosene if I have to fight the 5 toughness dickweed, otherwise I'll save it and take my lumps.

I strongly suggest you save the Flesh Ward for yourself. You have the least HP of us, and the dhole hits hard.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - ACTION PHASE CONT.

Diana ticks up her task.
Daisy rests up, failing to learn anything from her journal (Observation: 2 3) but successfully plumbing the Tome. (Lore: 2 2 3 6) She draws Blessing of Isis.
Daisy casts Banishment. (Lore+2+Arcane Tome: 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 6)

Banishment, 1-2 successes posted:

You glimpse through the portal, and the world you see shakes your nerves. Lose 1 Sanity.
The Ghoul is banished!

Having to keep monsters stat-side up is annoying, but I'd prefer it to having to write out lists of which monsters have what stats. poo poo used to kill me.

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 7/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Stelas posted:

Having to keep monsters stat-side up is annoying, but I'd prefer it to having to write out lists of which monsters have what stats. poo poo used to kill me.

Counterpoint: I just realized that the enemy that gives out allies is a Cultist. This was mentioned as spawning in the previous Encounter post, but people might have missed it, and this turn might have gone a bit differently if that had been more clear. (i.e. you could make a case for moving LI, having Diana go after Finn and sweeping the Cultists + other monsters off the space.) If you guys want to fiddle around in that manner you can, it'll basically cost Diana's focus because she'd be using that action for the sweep instead.

Technically this would also free up Finn and Daisy to have an extra action each. It's a bit of a retcon but not a major one and I'm happy to play it either way. Alternatively I can go ahead on the assumption that Diana takes out the Cultist first to get the Ally.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 10, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stelas posted:

Alternatively I can go ahead on the assumption that Diana takes out the Cultist first to get the Ally.

This is what I assumed would happen anyway, since Diana is Lead, and don't monster fights happen in turn order? If not, I'm cool with just saying that's what's happening, rather than needing to go back and rework stuff.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It's kind of a tough choice for this game. Getting the ally for killing the cultist is super good, and kind of crucial for some of the possible mysteries, but just stomping an entire pile of monsters for a single action is great, too.

e: Now that the ghoul is gone, the dhole can't kill me outright. I'll stick to my standing order, use flesh ward if anyone takes 2 damage and trust in the kerosene to keep me alive. My plan on future turns will be to limp up north and help with the clues for the mystery.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 10, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Investigate Mysterious Deaths

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I'm cool with leaving the turn as it is.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Slightly delayed due to internet outage, please hold...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So when I moved to my new apartment my ISP, in their wisdom, processed the previous owner's cancel request without noting whether someone else had moved in in the meantime.

Updates will be a little slow until monday, but I'm going to be camping out at a friend's a bit so they won't stop entirely.

Kinda liked the one-turn-one-day thing. Oh well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's a weekend, it's fine.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - ENCOUNTER PHASE (COMBAT)

Combat

Diana encounters the Cultist!
    Sanity Check (Lore-1 vs 0): 1 2 3. No Sanity loss.
    Combat Check (Strength+Blunderbuss vs 1): 1 2 4 4 5. 1 Health loss.
Diana encounters the Dhole!
    Sanity Check (Will+Holy Cross-1 vs 1): 1 4. 1 Sanity loss.
    Combat Check (Strength+Blunderbuss-2 vs 3): 2 5 6. 1 Health loss. The Dhole takes 2 damage.
Jacqueline encounters the Cultist!
    Sanity Check (Lore-1 vs 0): 1 6 6. No Sanity loss.
    The Cultist is defeated, and Jacqueline gains the Monster Hunter.
Jacqueline orders him to lob a molotov right in the Dhole's face!
    Sanity Check (Will-1 vs 3): 3 6. 2 Sanity loss.
    Combat Check (Strength+Kerosene-2 vs 3): 2 3 5 6. 1 Health loss. The Dhole takes 2 damage.
Finn encounters the Dhole!
    Sanity Check (Will+Elder Sign-1 vs 2): 3 3 r5. 1 Sanity loss.
    Combat Check (Strength+Axe-2 vs 3): 1 2. 3 Health loss.
Agnes blows up a Warlock!
    Sanity Check (Will+Profane Tome vs 1): 1 4 6. No Sanity loss.
    Combat Check (Lore+Mystic Bounty Hunter-1 vs 1): 4 5 5 6 6. No Health loss. The Warlock is defeated.

At present, Diana, Jacqueline and Finn will all lose their Encounter phase due to there still being a monster on the space. It has 1 HP left.

Action Queue
- Diana, Jacqueline, Finn: Flesh Wards, Clues, Foci, Whisky, etc? (These will be retconned, i.e. Finn will not necessarily take 3 damage if it can be killed ahead of time. Technically this gives you a bit of an advantage due to knowing the future, but eh.)

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 1 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 3/4 Health, 6/8 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 3/6 Health, 4/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 11, 2016

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

I'll use a focus point where it would be most helpful. I'll save the clue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Hmmm.. If can finish the dhole on my turn, that saves finn from the beating, and gives us two attempts at closing the gate. I'll spend my clue on the fight check. If the clue doesn't work, I'll save the flesh ward for finn.

• Locked thread