Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Finn: If Jacqueline doesn't kill it, reroll using the Axe's special ability, and drink Whiskey to cover the Sanity loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - ENCOUNTER PHASE CONT.

Combat

Diana uses a Focus. (5)
Jacqueline uses a Clue. (1)
Finn takes a Whiskey-fuelled second swing. (3 4)

:cthulhu: Good grief.

Jacqueline casts Flesh Ward in response to the attack on Finn. (Lore: 4 4 4 6)

Flesh Ward, 1+ successes posted:

It is unpleasant to watch the transformation, even when it succeeds. Lose 1 Sanity.
Encounters

Diana Stanley is busy fighting!

Jacqueline Fine is busy fighting!

Daisy Walker

Mysterious Disappearances posted:

You enter a supposedly abandoned basement and discover a young woman restrained and tethered to some alien device. You attempt to decipher the alien language and disable the device. (Lore: 3 3 5 6) You manage to disable the device, but now you must find a way to release her before her captors return. (Observation: 4 5) If you pass, you free her and escape; place this Clue on the active Mystery.
Finn Edwards is busy fighting!

Charlie Kane

Mysterious Disappearances posted:

You have gone to the police in hopes of finding fresh leads in the disappearance of several citizens, but the lieutenant aiding you is acting suspiciously. (Influence: 1 2 3 5 6 6 r5) You recognize that the lieutenant is under a geas, and attempt to steal his case files before making your escape. (Observation: 5 5 6) If you pass, place this Clue on the active Mystery.
Agnes Baker

Yuggoth posted:

Strange luminescent murals have been painted on the dark stone. They depict a family of Outer Gods. You may spend one Focus to learn the story being shown. As you pass the murals, radiation burns appear on your skin. Lose 1 Health. You struggle to keep going. (Will-1: 5) If you pass, you find Cxaxukuth surrounded by extra-dimensional energy, and you use that energy to return home; close this Gate.

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 3/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 5/6 Health, 4/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 3 - MYTHOS TURN

A Mythos card is drawn. 17 cards remain.

Mythos posted:

Fractured Reality - :angel: - Blue (Clues, Rumour)

The strange phenomenon is an echo of the catastrophic destruction of Mu. The repercussions of the serpent people's overreaching ambition still take their toll.

Place 4 tokens on this card. As an encounter, an investigator on space 2 may use an ancient portal created by a long-dead wizard of Mu; he resolves a Gate Encounter. If the effect allows him to 'close this Gate', solve this Rumour instead. When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, advance Doom by 1 for each Gate on the board. On a Reckoning, remove 1 Eldritch token from this card.
:cthulhu: To make up for the encounter phase, have possibly the single most toothless Rumour card in the game. A Reckoning would have had the Dhole wreaking merry havoc. Bah.

Clues spawn on The Snowy Mountains, The City of the Elder Things, and 12.

The current Mystery is complete! (1/4) A new Mystery card is drawn:

An Alien Ritual posted:

The elder things have abducted countless humans, brainwashing them and forcing them to perform some heinous ritual for an unknown purpose.

When this card enters play, place a Mystery token on Lake Camp. As an encounter, an investigator on Lake Camp may attempt to free the minds of the dominated humans; a Cultist monster ambushes them! If the investigator passes the Lore test, he may discard 1 Ally asset and spend 1 Clue to place an Eldritch token on this card.

At the end of the Mythos phase, if there are 6 Eldritch tokens on this card, solve this Mystery.

TURN 4 - ACTION PHASE

Action Queue
- Agnes: Move to Plateau of Leng?
- Everyone: 2 actions.

Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 5/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 3/4 Health, 5/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 5/6 Health, 4/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Charlie Kane (Some Numbers) - Lore 2, Influence 4, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2 - 4/4 Health, 8/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Ship Ticket.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Cool dice there.

I guess we're going to have to do something about the drat shoggoth and outpost gate. What actions are we allowed to take while monsters are on our space?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'll pass on moving to Leng. I can take charge on this mystery, so if Daisy can feed me some Clues that would be appreciated. The Shoggoth shouldn't be too bad.

Agnes Baker - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2. 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity. 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Storm of Spirits - Spell, Incantation - When resolving a Combat encounter, you may resolve a Lore test in place of the Strength test, using the same test modifier. If you do, flip this card. Back: (1+) Deal additional damage equal to the damage you take.
  • Intervene - Spell, Incantation, Teamwork - When another investigator resolves a Combat encounter, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator gains +3 Strength during that encounter. Then flip this card. Back: ???
  • Profane Tome - Item, Tome - You may reroll one die when resolving a Will test during a Combat encounter.
  • Mystic Bounty Hunter - Ally - Gain +1 Strength during Combat encounters. Gain +2 Lore when resolving spell effects.

Agnes was feeling less apprehensive about this venture every day. Monsters stood no chance against her mystic prowess. Rips in dimensions were hardly more challenging. If only she could remember more about her past life, she would be invincible.

1. Personal Action: Test Lore-1 (3 dice) to gain a spell.
2. Move to Frozen Waste.

Encounter: Frozen Waste.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait wait wait wait. The only way to solve the Mystery is by discarding six allies?

Where do we even get more allies?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wait wait wait wait. The only way to solve the Mystery is by discarding six allies?

Beating Cultists, which the Mystery will infinitely spawn for you.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

The mystery says: we have to to go kill the Shoggoth on the lake camp, and stand there while it spawns cultists. In this scenario, if you pass a lore test on a cultist, you get a free ally.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
At least one of us should stay on the pyramids, finish off the dhole, and close the gate before it makes doom. As a frail weakling personally hated by the cosmos itself, I call not it.

No wait, I just realized I got the Monster Hunter. NO DIE ROLL REQUIRED.

Jacqueline: 1) Monster Hunter does 1 damage to the dhole, KILLING THE FUCKER WITH NO CHANCE OF FAILURE
2) Rest.

I should be good to handle the gate, my stats skew that direction. But, uh, you guys have seen my die rolls. If you think I need a backup I won't argue.

fool_of_sound posted:

I guess we're going to have to do something about the drat shoggoth and outpost gate. What actions are we allowed to take while monsters are on our space?

The only actions that monsters prevent are resting and acquire assets, any other action is fair game.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
if you can kill the Dhole this turn, take lead investigator. That way I can use Banishment on the mooks over at Miskatonic Outpost to make getting to Antarctica much easier.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tendales posted:

Jacqueline: 1) Monster Hunter does 1 damage to the dhole, KILLING THE FUCKER WITH NO CHANCE OF FAILURE
2) Rest.

I should be good to handle the gate, my stats skew that direction. But, uh, you guys have seen my die rolls. If you think I need a backup I won't argue.

Nice! I'll stick around to back you up on the gate, since if you succeed I can use Mineralogy Research.

1 - Rest
2 - Why the hell not? Activate Cat Burglar.

Encounter: Gate -> Wilderness (Mineralogy Research)

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

if you can kill the Dhole this turn, take lead investigator.

Works for me!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Charlie kept getting reports about monsters appearing all over the world, from Egypt to Antarctica, but there remained little Charlie could do from San Francisco.

Besides assisting those in the field.

1. Rest, attempt to shake off Leg Injury
2. Acquire Assets, rerolling to get max successes

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Unless someone has a better idea I'll move to Rome and rest. The oplan being to try and get to Daisy for some curse removal in the near future.

Rome encounter.

Stelas can you move token on sacrifices to make so the text is visible?
Sorry for lack of flavor text, work plus packing has wiped me out.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 11, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Blessin of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

At last, some success, but now danger was looming in Antarctica. She knew others would go down there to stop them, though she was stuck far away. Perhaps she could still be of some use to them...

Actions:
Rest: Up to 5 Sanity now.
---Extra - Blessing of Isis: Targeting self, 5 dice.
---Extra - Arcane Tome: 4 dice for a new spell.
Banishment: On Miskatonic Outpost, 8 dice. Priority: 3 toughness monster, 2 toughness w/ reckoning, 2 toughness w/o reckoning.
Encounter: London Encounter.

Tricky posted:

I'll pass on moving to Leng. I can take charge on this mystery, so if Daisy can feed me some Clues that would be appreciated. The Shoggoth shouldn't be too bad.
I can work on this next turn, but the mystery isn't that bad and placing Blessed on myself could be more helpful. Jacqueline might be able to help with this too.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Definitely no rush. I have two clues to work with, so I won't run dry for at least another couple of turns.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is there a way to get rid of my Dark Pact or am I just hoping?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is there a way to get rid of my Dark Pact or am I just hoping?

Nothing reliable. There's a single asset in the deck that lets you discard a condition, and a few random events here and there. Otherwise, don't roll a one! Good luck!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Note that being devoured doesn't remove the player from the game, or anything. It just doesn't allow the corpse to be picked up.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The dark pact won't devour Charlie anyway, it'll just discard all his stuff and knock him down to one heart and one mind.

So if you just don't have any stuff... :getin:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ACTION PHASE CONT

Jacqueline is made the Lead Investigator!
Jacqueline's Monster Hunter... hunts monsters, and then she rests.
Daisy rests up, poring through her tomes. (Lore: 1 5 5 5) She draws her own copy of Flesh Ward. She then goes for the Bless. (Lore+Arcane Tome-1: 1 1 5 6 6) She becomes Blessed.

Blessing of Isis, 3+ successes posted:

The goddess smiles upon your cause. No further effect.
Daisy casts Banishment. (Lore+Arcane Tome+2: 1 1 4 4 4 5 5 5)

Banishment, 3+ successes posted:

The magic is powerful. Discard 1 Monster of your choice on that space regardless of its toughness instead.
The Hunting Horror is banished.
Finn rests up, and feels much better for it. (Back Injury: 5) His 'associate' reports success in retrieving an Enchanted Blade. (Cat Burglar: 6)
The Reserve refreshes.
Charlie rests up, though is not as successful as Finn. (Leg Injury: 2) Still, there's always e-commerce. That was a thing back then, right? (Influence: 1 1 3 4 6 r2)
Agnes trudges through the snow, though at least it gives her ideas. (Lore-1: 3 5 6) She draws Conjuration.
Diana heads for Rome, and rests up.

Action Queue
- Charlie: Spend 1 success.

Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 6/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Explore the gate.

The expedition is here on the pyramids, right?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ugh, are you kidding me?

Does anyone want either the Blade or two Clues? If not, I'll just buy the Ritual and push Doom back.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Didn't my ally just swiped the blade? Also someone can steal my axe if you happen to be near me at some point.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You are correct.

Can anyone use the two Clues or the new Ally? Otherwise I'll grab the Ritual.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Send the Arcane Scholar to Agnes? She'll be sitting on Lake Camp doing the mystery, and he'll help.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Charlie Kane couldn't make heads or tails of the requests that kept coming across his desk. A ticket for a scholar of magic to fly to Antarctica? Not Charlie's business, but the loan sharks might be.

Take a Loan.
Buy Agnes the Arcane Scholar.

SF Encounter.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

That would be nice.

e: Thanks!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tendales posted:

Jacqueline: Explore the gate.

The expedition is here on the pyramids, right?

Er, yes. Stacking isn't great on this module. (Finn, also take note of that.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ACTION PHASE CONT

Charlie takes a debt, picking up the Arcane Scholar for Agnes.

Jacqueline Fine (Tendales) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3 - 4/4 Health, 6/8 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 1 Train Ticket.
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 6/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 6/7 Health, 5/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

Encounters

Jacqueline Fine

The Dreamlands posted:

In Dylath-Leen, a suspicious-looking thug in a dark robe offers you his help. However, he warns you that he's a fugitive being hunted by the prince's agents and will require your protection. (Strength-2: 6) You defend the man from his assailants, and he gratefully invites you aboard his galley to return you to the waking world. Close this Gate. As you speak to him, it is clear he knows many forgotten truths. You may become Delayed to improve Lore.

:cthulhu: Failing that check would have led to a Lost in Time and Space.
Daisy Walker

London posted:

Inside the Herefordshire Asylum, a patient asks you if you've seen the King in Yellow. You listen to his story of the play. (Observation: 3 4) If you pass, spawn 2 Clues.

Clues spawn on the Pyramids and space 3.

The map is yet to be updated, but:

Action Queue
- Jacqueline: Become delayed to improve Lore?
- Finn: You have the Expedition and a Clue on your space. Do you want to change encounter type?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Um, will either of them let me use Mineralogy Research? If so, that one. If both, whichever will give me the clue.

e: Expedition then

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 12, 2016

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

If you do the expedition, you can resolve the Mineralogy Research.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline has missed FAR too many actions already this game, and doesn't really need the extra lore. Do not become delayed.

e: Haha, a clue spawned on my space? This game is doing everything it can to waste my actions. If the stick doesn't work, it goes for the carrot. Still, no.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'll try to finish off the turn today, though I'm currently at work waiting for the phonecall from my ISP.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

TURN 4 - ENCOUNTER PHASE CONT.

Finn Edwards

Expedition posted:

Once you reach Dashur, you begin digging through the rubble that had once been the White Pyramid, hoping to excavate the ancient burial chambers. Strength-1: (2) You exhaust yourself working into the night without Result. Lose 1 Health. That night, a snake-eyed man dressed like a bedouin approaches you and offers you a deal. You may take a Dark Pact condition to improve one skill of your choice.

The Expedition is now on Antarctica. Finn's soil research does not go well. (Observation: 2 4 4)
Charlie Kane

San Francisco posted:

You hear of a powerful wizard in Chinatown named Lang-Fu, who will help you if you can afford his fee. (Influence-1: 2 2 3 4 6 r1) If you pass, he uses his sorcery to transform you; improve one skill of your choice.
Agnes Baker

Frozen Waste posted:

You dig up a star-shaped mound, similar to those at the base camp. (Influence-1: 2 6) If you pass, you find the body of an elder thing buried with a strange item; gain 1 Artifact.

Agnes draws the Alien Device and practically obsoletes herself in the process.
Diana Stanley

Rome posted:

You attend a lecture by a physics professor named Enrico Fermi about the incredible power contained in atoms. You do your best to follow his theories. (Lore-1: 1 2 4) If you fail, you grow disheartened; lose 2 Sanity.

TURN 4 - MYTHOS PHASE

A Mythos card is drawn. 16 cards remain.

Mythos posted:

The World Shakes - Yellow (Omen, Reckoning, Gate)

The scope of the tremor was so vast that newspapers in every country reported on the damage done and the tragic destruction of ancient wonders.

Each investigator on the Active Expedition space or an adjacent space loses 2 Health and becomes Delayed. Then search the Expedition Encounter deck for each card corresponding to the Active Expedition and return it to the game box. Then shuffle the Expedition Encounter deck.

:cthulhu: I'm so mad you missed that.
The Omen moves on to Blue. No Doom is gained from open Gates.
There is a Reckoning.

Reckoning posted:

One token is removed from Fractured Reality.
The Rampaging Shoggoth's presence can be felt even from the Frozen Wastes, and Agnes loses a Sanity.
The Shan destroys the Clue on Snowy Mountain.
Jacqueline's Investment matures... just in time for her Debt to be called in.
Daisy's good fortune continues. (Blessed: 5)
Charlie's leg is feeling a bit better. (Leg Injury: 3 6) No clouds hang over his head. (Dark Pact: 5) But a debt collector calls...

Debt: Unwilling Servant posted:

A sorceror holds you down and carves a symbol into your forehead. "Time to pay what you owe," he says. You attempt to dispel the darkness that fills your thoughts. (Lore: 3 5) If you pass, discard this card.
Gates spawn on Arkham (Red, Cultist) and Rome (Red, Cultist).

Antarctica's Expeditions are nuked from the Game! The Expedition token moves to Sydney.

TURN 5 - ACTION PHASE

Action Queue
- Finn: Take the deal?
- Charlie: Take the deal?
- Jacqueline: Resolve Investment, and apply it immediately to the Debt or not?
- Everyone: 2 actions.

Finn Edwards (fool_of_sound) - Lore 2, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 3 - 5/6 Health, 5/6 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Agnes Baker (Tricky) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
Diana Stanley (Mykkel) - Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1 - 6/7 Health, 3/5 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I don't see an entry for Diana for Reckoning??

If Diana uses personal action against the cultist in Rome, does it become an ally, or just go away?

Alternately, should I move this cultist to someone else's space so they can get the cultist?

Also, Can Daisy come to Diana, since there is a gate in Rome it might be better to have Daisy and Diana attempt to close the gate.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Take the funding, but don't use it on the debt. I'll just let the debt go off as normal.

If no one else got hurt, I'll Flesh Ward Finn's boo boo.
If Finn takes the dark pact, I'll peek at it.

Assuming I don't get dumped into time and space or anything

1) Move to rome (unless Finn gives me a ride there)
2) Focus
2b) If Finn did give me a ride, take a boat ticket.

ALTERNATE PLAN
If Finn takes me to Istanbul, then:
1) Travel to Shanghai via train ticket
2) Focus
This would let me get to that rumor next turn to start working on it.

Mykkel posted:

If Diana uses personal action against the cultist in Rome, does it become an ally, or just go away?

Nope, discarding is not the same as defeating.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Agnes Baker - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 2, Will 2 - 6/7 Health, 4/5 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Storm of Spirits - Spell, Incantation - When resolving a Combat encounter, you may resolve a Lore test in place of the Strength test, using the same test modifier. If you do, flip this card. Back: (1+) Deal additional damage equal to the damage you take.
  • Intervene - Spell, Incantation, Teamwork - When another investigator resolves a Combat encounter, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator gains +3 Strength during that encounter. Then flip this card. Back: ???
  • Conjuration - Spell, Ritual - Action: Test Lore+1. If you pass, you may gain 1 Item or Trinket Asset from the reserve with value less than or equal to your test result. Then flip this card. Back: ???
  • Profane Tome - Item, Tome - You may reroll one die when resolving a Will test during a Combat encounter.
  • Mystic Bounty Hunter - Ally - Gain +1 Strength during Combat encounters. Gain +2 Lore when resolving spell effects.
  • Arcane Scholar - Ally - Gain +1 Lore. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Lore test.
  • Alien Device - Item, Artifact - Gain +3 lore when resolving spell effects. You may spend 1 Sanity to reroll any number of dice when resolving a Lore test as part of a spell effect.

Agnes wasn't sure what the device she found actually did, but it made her feel a whole hell of a lot better. She walked towards the camp where a monster was rampaging around. That creature was an eyesore. It needed to disappear.

1. Rest: Max out health and sanity.
2. Move to Lake Camp.

Encounter: Rampaging Shoggoth, then Alien Ritual.

Spend a health for the 2 bonus dice. Use the Alien Device and Arcane Scholar rerolls if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops sorry Diana's Cursed roll was a 2.

• Locked thread