Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Wait, I can play this instead of being insane to run it myself?

Daisy Walker the Librarian or Diana Stanley the Reformed Cultist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3. 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Asset, Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Arcane Insight - Spell, Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: ???

This was not how Daisy wanted her Tuesday morning to go. It looked like Henry Armitage's predictions were correct. The dead were rising in Istanbul. And they were hungry.

Without staying another day there, Daisy immediately sent a telegraph to Miskatonic University about her encounters. Then another to her old friend Agnes Baker. A fellow companion in the search for ancient knowledge. Maybe she would know a way to get rid of the Ghoul.

Actions:
Move: Getting the hell out of there. Moving to Rome.
Personal Action: Test Observation, if pass gain a random Tome Asset from the deck. (There's none on the reserve I want.)
Encounter: I'll take a Rome encounter. Higher Will would be nice.

Notes:
Charlie, I'd appreciate the Search the Archives asset. It's a rather low priority though, so only if you have the dice to spare or want to cycle the reserve for something new.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 7, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So uh, hey, what random Tome asset did I (Daisy) get from Search the Archives?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Move the clues to London, we've got a ton of people there.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
We have a lot of gates down in Antarctica, we're going to need to figure out a way to take care of that soon.

Can Charlie buy a charter flight to Antarctica for Diana or Finn? Because getting one or both of them to Antarctica would be a real big help.

EDIT: Gonna cast my spell this round while I sit in London for the mystery. Anyone want a clue?

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 8, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3. 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity. 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

Speaking with Agnes helped, and she learned something valuable, all the mysterious kidnappings in London. The boat ride to London was long, but it gave her a good chance to catch up on some reading. Especially with the new book from Armitage's unknown benefactor "Citizen Kane," whoever that was.

Actions:
Move: Moving to London.
Rest: But already capped on Health and Sanity...
---Extra - Arcane Insight: I'll give myself the Clue. With 3 tomes and 2 from the Arcane Tome, that's 7 dice.
---Extra - Arcane Tome: 4 dice for the new spell.
Encounter: Let's grind our way through the Mysterious Disappearances.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Old Journal - Unique Item Tome - Action: Test Obs, if pass flip this card. Back: ???
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: ???
  • Astronomy Guidebook - Item Tome - If you close a Gate by Other World encounter, +1 Sanity and +1 Clue
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell

When Daisy made a lead on a case, she didn't expect the police to drag her along. While she was comfortably outside during the encounter, the sight and the screams as the policemen burned to their deaths in front of her was not what she expected. Still, from what she could tell the missing persons weren't there. There had to be a clue somewhere...

Actions:
Rest: Up to 5 Sanity now.
---Extra - Old Journal: 2 dice, trying to claim my prize
---Extra - Arcane Tome: 4 dice for a new spell.
Banishment: 8 dice targeting The Pyramids. I can't tell what the monsters are, but preferential order is 5-toughness thing, followed by Paranoia-causing thing. Don't kill the Ally Asset one, Diana can probably nab herself a buddy.
Encounter: Let's grind our way through the Mysterious Disappearances again.

I can still give the boost with Banishment, I literally have the action to spare and I like knowing the back of my spells when it's safe(?).

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
if you can kill the Dhole this turn, take lead investigator. That way I can use Banishment on the mooks over at Miskatonic Outpost to make getting to Antarctica much easier.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 4/7 Sanity - 1 Clue, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Arcane Insight - Ritual - Action: Choose any investigator, Test Lor-2 and +1 for each Tome you have, if pass target gains 1 Clue. Then flip. Back: 0: ???, 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: ???
  • Blessin of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: ???

At last, some success, but now danger was looming in Antarctica. She knew others would go down there to stop them, though she was stuck far away. Perhaps she could still be of some use to them...

Actions:
Rest: Up to 5 Sanity now.
---Extra - Blessing of Isis: Targeting self, 5 dice.
---Extra - Arcane Tome: 4 dice for a new spell.
Banishment: On Miskatonic Outpost, 8 dice. Priority: 3 toughness monster, 2 toughness w/ reckoning, 2 toughness w/o reckoning.
Encounter: London Encounter.

Tricky posted:

I'll pass on moving to Leng. I can take charge on this mystery, so if Daisy can feed me some Clues that would be appreciated. The Shoggoth shouldn't be too bad.
I can work on this next turn, but the mystery isn't that bad and placing Blessed on myself could be more helpful. Jacqueline might be able to help with this too.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Any complaints if I moved to Arkham and tried to take the Cultist and Gate over there?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Ooh, sorry, slipped my mind.

• Blessed - Boon - 4s count as successes.
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: Ignore monster's Toughness requirement
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ??? 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore, if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back/: ???

Finally things were working as they should. The gods were smiling, and luck was in her favor. Perhaps just maybe they could stop this madness once and for all. A telegraph from Miskatonic University said a friend was in need of help in Rome. Perhaps they could share these blessings?

Actions:
Move: To Rome
Blessing of Isis: 5 dice, targeting Diana
Encounter: Gate if it's still open, otherwise Rome.
Flesh Ward: 6 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
wait, how come I can move to Plateau?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Banishment - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+2, discard 1 Monster on the nearest Gate w/ Toughness <= result. Then flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: -1 Sanity, 3+: Ignore monster's Toughness requirement
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore, if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back/: 0: ???. 1: ???. 2+: No effect

Another portal down, and some understanding gained. Her new companion dashed off across the world to close another portal, perhaps she'd need some help.

Actions:
Blessing of Isis: 5 dice, targeting Diana (before she moves)
Rest: Up to 6 Sanity.
--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Buenos Aires. Target Preference: 5-Doom thingie, 5-Other thingie, 3-thingie
--Arcane Tome: 4 dice to gain 1 Spell
Encounter: Rome encounter please.
Flesh Ward: 6 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
No one can repeat the same action twice. Not sure how that interacts with Charlie's thing though.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Stelas posted:

I don't believe this is a valid option. Banishment targets 'the nearest space containing a Gate' - which is Arkham, at 2 hops.

Good catch, I was looking for monsters. I'll use my new observation bonus to give another go at the Old Journal instead.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Blessing of Isis - Ritual - Action: Target on space w/o Blessed, Test Lor-1 to give them Blessed. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1-2: ??? 3+: No effect
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore. if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1: ???. 2+: No effect
  • Wither - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore. If pass, gain +3 Str during the encounter. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Storm of Spirits - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore instead of Str w/ same modifier. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Private Investigator - Ally - +1 Obs, reroll 1 die on Obs tests.

And then without warning, the vast empty space seemed slightly less empty, as she could feel three souls trapped within. Still, monsters lurked and must be stopped which meant...ugh. Going back to Istanbul.

Actions:
Move: To Istanbul not Constantinople
Rest: Up to 7 Sanity.
--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Tokyo.
--Arcane Tome: 5 dice to gain 1 Spell.
Encounter: City encounter please, I don't need to improve Influence.
Flesh Ward: 7 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So, let's just abandon Australia. The kangaroos can keep it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
which monster do you want me to try and banish today?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore. if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1: ???. 2+: No effect
  • Wither - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore. If pass, gain +3 Str during the encounter. Then Flip. Back: ???
  • Storm of Spirits - Incantation - In Combat, test Lore instead of Str w/ same modifier. Then Flip. Back: ???

...yeah, tired night, no witty inner monologue.

Actions:
Move: To Rome
Rest: Up to...wait, I'm at my max.
--Banishment: 8 dice, Targeting Arkham.
--Arcane Tome: 5 dice to gain 1 Spell.
Encounter: Rome encounter
Flesh Ward: 7 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I can't remember, Delayed means I can't take any actions, or just one action next turn?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Anyone think we can do without Banishment support for one round? I'm quite curious what's on the other side of my Blessed.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
oh, right. Deal.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Stelas posted:

Still need a final decision on this!

Oh sorry, somehow completely did not notice that. [b]Agnes[/] will be Blessed.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

GOD loving DAMMIT WHY DOES THAT CARD EVEN EXIST?!

What happens if I die?

...have you heard the good news about our Lord and savior Cthulhu?

in seriousness, your token stays on the board. one of us can encounter your token to take all your loot, and a test for a little extra. it's on the back of your card.

also I think doom advances when someone dies?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3, Observation 2+1, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 5/5 Health, 7/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Conjuration - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+1, gain 1 Item/Trinket from the reserve with value <= result. Then Flip. Back: ???

And in an instant, the blessings of the divine came crashing down around her, and her contact "Citizen Kane" had suddenly been hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. With little else to do, she made her way to the hospital.

Actions:
Delayed: Stand up.
Encounter: Charlie Kane

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The choice is meaningless to me. :smith: I'm maxed out and don't have any monsters.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
  • Conjuration - Ritual - Action: Test Lor+1, gain 1 Item/Trinket from the reserve with value <= result. Then Flip. Back: ???

Too long had she stood by as the world gave way to the darkness. No more. She had spent enough time researching and knew how to keep the monsters at bay. Even if the blessing of the gods was no longer with her, the power she acquired during that time still remained.

Actions:
Prepare: Train Ticket
Move: To Space 16
Encounter: City Encounter.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
We can still pull this off. There's four possible Clue chances this turn. I'm nowhere near a clue, but if I can close the Gate on Tunguska, we'll have three turns before Doom reaches 0. (This turn becomes Green, which I can close. Next turn is Blue, which becomes 1. Turn after that is Red, which has four gates.)

So, basically gently caress gates, nail those clues.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3+1, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 2/5 Health, 6/7 Sanity - 2 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets.
  • Flesh Ward - Incantation - 1/round, test Lore. if pass prevent investigator from losing up to 2 health. Then Flip. Back: 0: ???. 1: -1 Sanity. 2+: No effect
  • Arcane Tome - Item Tome - +2 Lore for Spell effects, When Rest test Lore, if pass gain 1 Spell.

Time was running out, the stars were moving into position and yet...and yet. There was still a little bit of hope left. Maybe they could end this before it was all too late.

Actions:
Rest: 3 Health, 7 Sanity now.
--Blessing of Isis: 6 dice on self. If no successes, use clues until I get at least one.
--Arcane Tone: 5 dice.
Move: Tunguska
Encounter: Gate. Use clues as necessary to close the gate.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Stelas posted:

Waiting on Daisy's call, since I assume Agnes isn't spending.

Wait, I can do this? :psyduck: Not sure how I have the ability, but go for it.

EDIT: Also sorry for the late response. Having a character named Daisy and Diana means sometimes I glance through and think it's for the other one.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Well poo poo.

Okay, if we don't close Buenos Aries, the Ancient One will wake up, and fucks all over the turn after when we have to deal with four red gates. We want the Ancient One to wake up on the red phase so we don't get hosed over by the extra doom effects. Or at least I think that's how it works. Either way, the Tunguska gate is pointless now, except maybe as a fast travel if we get an awakening.

Daisy Walker (Krysmphoenix) - Lore 4+1, Influence 3+1, Observation 2, Strength 1, Will 3+1 - 3/5 Health, 5/7 Sanity - 0 Clues, 0 Focus, 0 Tickets
eh, gently caress the list.

The comet had passed and her moment to close the gate at the right time had failed. Now monsters were upon her, and time was ever fleeting...

Actions:
Banishment 9 dice to get rid of Color Out of Space
Focus store a reroll
Combat Use Storm of Spirits, 7 dice. If I got rid of the Color Out of Space, use all clues, including potential sanity clues from storm of spirits.
Encounter Research Encounter. Use all clues, including potential sanity clues from storm of spirits.
Intervene: 7 dice. Just use it as soon as possible, unless my Sanity is at 2 or lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Well hot drat. We somehow pulled it off. That's Eldritch Horror for you.

• Locked thread