Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I play way too much Eldritch Horror so of course I want in on another game!

Jacqueline Fine the psychic, or Silas Marsh the surprisingly useful go fast on the water man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline Fine

1: Move to Arkham whee!
1: Take a boat ticket in arkham
2: Acquire Assets Can't really plan ahead too well on this.

As standing orders, I'll use my passive ability any time the opportunity arises. I'll try to be on the ball with Flesh Ward, too, but any time it's obvious to use (or if anyone just asks for it to be used on them) I'll go ahead and use it.

Encounter will be an Arkham encounter.

If Charlie Kane doesn't have anything better to do with his actions, I'd recommend he start heading to Tokyo. Without any heavy hitters, we might need the monster killing encounters.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 7, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Stelas posted:

TURN 1 ACTION PHASE, CONT.

Technically, you can't do this. Finn comes later in the turn order than you do - as such, your actions come before he moves you to Arkham. I'll hold off on your and Finn's actions in case you both want to organize around each other.

Oh, hurr, misread the turn order. I'll take a train ticket before I leave then.

Also, I want the conspiracy theorist if I can get him.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 8, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacky will take a debt, and the investment and the kerosene

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I should have the kerosene, too. More to cycle out the cards than out of any need. I'm sure that someone will need lighting on fire eventually.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Haha, whaaaaat. I'll save the clue. Losing a turn sucks, but there's worse things out there.

Kind of a crap batch of encounters all around, huh?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
If there's no other considerations for who's lead investigator, I'd like to go as early in the turn order as possible so that I have a chance to use my passive or flesh ward on investigators downstream of me.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I can't be the lead investigator while LiTaS, but if lead gets put on Diana Stanley then at least I'll go second, so I'll come back in time to use my powers on the later encounters.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline uses her passive ability to peek at the dark pact and gain a clue.

e: Also, seriously, delayed on the heels of LiTaS? This game doesn't want me to play.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Stelas posted:

I wasn't certain if you wanted to pop a Clue on that one, since it's a pretty big effect.

It's tempting, but 2/3 of the time I'm just throwing away a clue for no gain. I might need that clue to survive these monsters, if the rescue plan doesn't come through.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Actually, I've thought about it a bit, and the three-in-one whammy of that LiTaS event is probably bad enough to justify taking a long shot chance. Spawning an extra gate suuuuucks.

If it's not too late, Jacqueline uses a clue to reroll.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline will continue to lie there, cursing the malevolent whims of fate.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If the gate's still there on my encounter, gate, otherwise wilderness.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If anyone takes more than 2 damage, I'll flesh ward. Also, I'll flesh ward for 1 damage if anyone asks for it.

I'll use the kerosene if I have to fight the 5 toughness dickweed, otherwise I'll save it and take my lumps.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It's kind of a tough choice for this game. Getting the ally for killing the cultist is super good, and kind of crucial for some of the possible mysteries, but just stomping an entire pile of monsters for a single action is great, too.

e: Now that the ghoul is gone, the dhole can't kill me outright. I'll stick to my standing order, use flesh ward if anyone takes 2 damage and trust in the kerosene to keep me alive. My plan on future turns will be to limp up north and help with the clues for the mystery.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 10, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Hmmm.. If can finish the dhole on my turn, that saves finn from the beating, and gives us two attempts at closing the gate. I'll spend my clue on the fight check. If the clue doesn't work, I'll save the flesh ward for finn.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
At least one of us should stay on the pyramids, finish off the dhole, and close the gate before it makes doom. As a frail weakling personally hated by the cosmos itself, I call not it.

No wait, I just realized I got the Monster Hunter. NO DIE ROLL REQUIRED.

Jacqueline: 1) Monster Hunter does 1 damage to the dhole, KILLING THE FUCKER WITH NO CHANCE OF FAILURE
2) Rest.

I should be good to handle the gate, my stats skew that direction. But, uh, you guys have seen my die rolls. If you think I need a backup I won't argue.

fool_of_sound posted:

I guess we're going to have to do something about the drat shoggoth and outpost gate. What actions are we allowed to take while monsters are on our space?

The only actions that monsters prevent are resting and acquire assets, any other action is fair game.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

if you can kill the Dhole this turn, take lead investigator.

Works for me!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Is there a way to get rid of my Dark Pact or am I just hoping?

Nothing reliable. There's a single asset in the deck that lets you discard a condition, and a few random events here and there. Otherwise, don't roll a one! Good luck!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The dark pact won't devour Charlie anyway, it'll just discard all his stuff and knock him down to one heart and one mind.

So if you just don't have any stuff... :getin:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Explore the gate.

The expedition is here on the pyramids, right?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline has missed FAR too many actions already this game, and doesn't really need the extra lore. Do not become delayed.

e: Haha, a clue spawned on my space? This game is doing everything it can to waste my actions. If the stick doesn't work, it goes for the carrot. Still, no.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Take the funding, but don't use it on the debt. I'll just let the debt go off as normal.

If no one else got hurt, I'll Flesh Ward Finn's boo boo.
If Finn takes the dark pact, I'll peek at it.

Assuming I don't get dumped into time and space or anything

1) Move to rome (unless Finn gives me a ride there)
2) Focus
2b) If Finn did give me a ride, take a boat ticket.

ALTERNATE PLAN
If Finn takes me to Istanbul, then:
1) Travel to Shanghai via train ticket
2) Focus
This would let me get to that rumor next turn to start working on it.

Mykkel posted:

If Diana uses personal action against the cultist in Rome, does it become an ally, or just go away?

Nope, discarding is not the same as defeating.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Oh, sorry, didn't even notice there's a clue here.
Jacqueline does the research encounter

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Daaang, two skill ups? It's probably a bad idea, but I'll take it.

Jacqueline gains a dark pact, improves will and strength.

Too bad I can't peek at my own cards!

e: If we get a reckoning this mythos, I want to flip the funding before testing the dark pact.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 16, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: 1) Take a boat ticket
2) Move to space 2
Encounter: Try to clear out the rumor

I don't really have anything I could spend a third action on.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The clues are tempting, but I don't want to be stuck on a sea space in the middle of nowhere for a turn.
Jacqueline: Do not become delayed

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Yeah, there's no special interaction between LiTaS and Detained, it works just like you describe.

Delayed+LiTaS, though, I don't remember offhand how those work together, since delayed is a weird not-a-condition thing. Pretty sure that being delayed still wears off on the action phase while you're lost.

Also, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit what do we even do right now.

There's not a whole hell of a lot I CAN do right now. I can't kill the vampire to close the tokyo gate, can't take a travel ticket to get anywhere really useful. I probably have to go to SF and, I dunno, shop or something.

I don't see any way for Daisy to banish the vampire, can she?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Oh, hey, I miscounted. I thought Istanbul-Tokyo was 4 spaces.

Jacqueline
So: if Daisy is willing+able to banish the vampire, I go hop in the tokyo gate before it makes doom and shop in Tokyo.
If Daisy would rather do something else, or fails the banishment, I'd rather move to SF and shop.

Either way, shopping will be 0: debt + lantern + amulet, 1: just the lantern, 2+: lantern + amulet (I'll tweak this if the reserve changes)

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacquie will take a debt and the carbine rifle. That's some good shootin'.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: Spend the health. e: and don't teleport to the plateau.

Repeat LiTaS cards aren't actually a problem, since the entire condition deck is supposed to reshuffle every time a condition card is discarded, so there's actually nothing stopping a discarded card from being immediately drawn again.

e: I think next turn I'm going to head down to Sydney and start working on that doppelganger. The monsters aren't likely to kill me, but it'll take me more than one turn to work through them, so I wouldn't mind a little help to get through them faster.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 20, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Mykkel posted:

Absent a better suggestion I'll go to city of elder things.

If you want to work on the mystery, I can mail you some clues

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
OK, barring weirdness in the mythos phase I'll send Diana some clues next turn and hang out in tokyo a little longer before heading south.

Meanwhile:
Jacqueline: If there's a reckoning this mythos phase, use the funding to clear the debt rather than flipping either of them.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If Charlie takes the wounds, I'll flesh ward, since Daisy already used her flesh ward this round.

Actions
1: Use personal ability to brainmail 2 clues to Diana
2: Walk to Shanghai because lol Sydney

Stelas posted:

A Gate spawns on Shanghai (Red, Cultist, what the gently caress 5 red gates) and San Francisco (Blue, Witch).

Red IS the most common color of gate. (I think it's 6 red, 4 blue, 2 green, for the curious)

Also, uhhhh... did you really roll a 1 for Diana's Dark Pact?

Tendales fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 20, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I'll take it if no one else wants it. Don't need it this turn, but I'll probably go monster hunting sooner rather than later.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
(Phone posting)
Jacqueline will do the gate

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
No deal. Stop trying to delay me, game, I have things to do.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Grotesque Statue is self-only, not any investigator, so at least you won't have to stop and check on EVERY sanity loss.

e: Oh, nice, agency quarantine popped up. If someone uses that on Sydney next turn, I can finish off the epic monsters.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 23, 2016

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Krysmphoenix posted:

...have you heard the good news about our Lord and savior Cthulhu?

in seriousness, your token stays on the board. one of us can encounter your token to take all your loot, and a test for a little extra. it's on the back of your card.

also I think doom advances when someone dies?

Yes, doom advances by one. Also, you'll get to pick a fresh, healthy character before the next turn. Dying is actually not that severe in this game, and is sometimes faster than trying to recover from being crippled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Jacqueline: If Mark successfully quarantines, 1)take a boat ticket and 2) head to australia for cleanup duty and hopefully the gate.

If Mark doesn't quarantine this turn, 1) Acquire assets (try for quarantine, spend focus and take debt if needed but no clues) and 2) Move to Tokyo to maybe get some remote murder done

You mystery solvers have all the clues you need for the turn, right?

• Locked thread