Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should the Cena/New Day alliance be called?
Rappad-O's
The 8-Bit Bros
GI Joe & My Little Pony Unicorns
The White Guy is The Rapper
View Results

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
-Teddy Long opens Smackdown Raw and throws his hat into being GM of Smackdown (again). Jericho calls him an old bag of bones. Steph is here, Shane is on vacation, she tells him to leave and doesn't let his music hit :smith:

-Cesaro submits Jericho in a fun match

-Rusev beats Swagger by countout then tries the beatdown after the match. Titus chases him off.

-Cena comes out and calls out Styles for attacking him. Styles says even on his best day Cena can't beat him and he'd wrestle circles around him. Cena counters Styles has failed in most of his big main events since he came in the company. Styles says the reason he has the Club with him is because everyone who wrestles Cena gets the shovels out and is buried if they lose, the Club is there to see that doesn't happen and keep his head above ground. They head down to jump Cena Shield-style but New Day makes the save.

-Enzo & Cass/Vaudevillains is next. Enzo takes a kayfabe stinger outside and Cass goes :ssj: and gets DQed for Kicking Too Much rear end.

-ADR beats Sami Zayn with a tree of woe stomp. Perro.

-Dean/Owens is next. Dean wins with the Dirty Deeds and stupidly climbs the ladder to celebrate while known ladder-pusher Owens is still at ringside. The predictable happens.

-Charlotte is out with Dana for a promo. She gives an insincere millennial apology to her dad and let's him know he's still dead to her....professionally Before they can make plans for July 4th Becky & Nattie are out to warn Dana of the impending metaphorical dagger that's soon going to be sticking out of her back. Charlotte & Dana beat them down.

-Breezedango/Golden Truth ends in a swift No Contest. Teddy comes out to make it a TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA...but he can't since he doesn't have the authority. Well it's the thought that counts.

-Da Club/New Day is our main event for the evening. AJ Styles kills Xavier before the match with a Styles Clash on the outside making it a 3 v 2 handicap match. Styles wins with the phenomenal forearm to Kofi. Club beatdown after the match, Cena finally decides to be a good friend and, amazingly, doesn't single-handedly beat all of them Kofi & Big E get back in to even the odds and the show ends with the faces standing tall..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So wait, where were Seth and Roman?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

DeepDickPizza posted:

So wait, where were Seth and Roman?

Sirs Not Appearing Live at this Raw. Instead there were two long promo trailers, with the Seth one skirting hilariously close to pure babyface promo because it is essentially impossible to get "I had to give up my title due to injury and worked my way back through a huge struggle to return" over as a heel arc.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Sami loses after the "you're a loser" promo. Reminds me of when he lost to Owens after "You'll never beat me" promos.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if those massive high pitched lets go cena chants were any indication, wwe screwed up by not having roman go out for an actual un-muted entrance

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Teddy joins New Day, R-Truth, Shane, and Enzo and Cass as People I Like In WWE, Playa.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I meant, like, actually where were they? Why were the two men from the main event feud not on the show other than video packages? I know they kept saying "this is a Wrestlemania main event level match!!" Did they just want to follow the Wrestlemania build of having half the people in the main feuds never be on the show?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is that AJ promo as amazing as it sounds

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RBX posted:

if there's one thing you should go back and watch, its that segment

a close second is the opening segment where everyone is lovely at each other on top of ladders

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Apple...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RBX posted:

I just watched it on their youtube channel because I didn't watch the show and it was good.

I am excited for AJ Styles vs John Cena at Money In The Bank.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

cant wait for Eric Bischof to interrupt Raw next week

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i can't believe i missed the return of teddy long

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Weird show, but the opening promo-off and the Cena/Styles segment were real good

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
well the only good thing about that episode of swerved was that the production company's name looked like "GORILLA FUCKS"

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
They didnt follow up on Dolph Ziggler kicking Corbin in the dick!!!

In fact there were no dick related shenanigans at all and I am very disappointed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I hate Stephane for being so mean to Teddy Long.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, Roman hasn't wrestled since Extreme Rules.

Sup wit dat?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

big fan of sad and desperate teddy long

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i can't believe i missed the return of teddy long

I watched the first 20 minutes of Raw before switching to BOSJ and I'm so glad I did, playa.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
"[roman]'s just a placeholder"

oh how we wish seth, how we wish

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

sonicice posted:

well the only good thing about that episode of swerved was that the production company's name looked like "GORILLA FUCKS"

The 2nd episode features Brock Lesnar guy cutting a promo and getting swerved. And Becky Lynch as a blonde.

keevo fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 7, 2016

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Styles held his own but that was one of my favorite Cena promos ever. So loving good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

schweens posted:

Styles held his own but that was one of my favorite Cena promos ever. So loving good

I haven't been watching WWE very long, has anything other than the pipe bomb gotten that close to the fourth wall?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
camp wwe is pretty funny.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I do not like them pairing New Day with Cena. I donot like it at all. No good can come of it.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Did Vince have Kimbo killed to send Brock a message?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

VJeff posted:

I haven't been watching WWE very long, has anything other than the pipe bomb gotten that close to the fourth wall?

Yes. Pandering to smart fans with dog whistle terms happens semi-regularly

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I do not like them pairing New Day with Cena. I donot like it at all. No good can come of it.

Another annoying thing about Rollins being a heel is not being able to reunite with New Day.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vince is ruthless

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roman and the Usos versus Cena and the New Day

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I just want to point out that this new season of Swerved is pretty funny.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
- Who the hell is Teddy Long? What was that all about?

- Is Titus a singles competitor now? Can he actually handle that, wrestling-wise?

- Big Cass getting DQ'd for going nuts was great.

- Just wait, Bayley is going to debut on the roster by leaping out of Dana Brooke's cleavage to save Sasha from a Charlotte pin at SummerSlam.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Roman and the Usos versus Cena and the New Day

I still hope that happens one day. Cocky powerhouse heel Roman and a darker Usos would be a ton of fun. I want to see Cena reversing the Superman Punch into an AA. Hell, I know it might be ugly but to see Cena turn the spear into his Stunner could be freakin beautiful if it hit. Daydreaming I know.

Still glad to see Enzo and Cass doing so drat well with crowds around the USA. Did not see them rolling so hard with an Oklahoma crowd. I hope they keep those two buddies even after they move Cass on to singles.

Cena and AJ were pure gold. I want to believe AJ has a chance and this won't be Wyatts 2.0. I will believe

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

surf rock posted:

- Is Titus a singles competitor now? Can he actually handle that, wrestling-wise?

- Just wait, Bayley is going to debut on the roster by leaping out of Dana Brooke's cleavage to save Sasha from a Charlotte pin at SummerSlam.

Teddy is a manager turned ref turned manager turned long rear end time Smackdown GM. Most of his contributions as the latter consisted of turning an impromptu brawl into a tag match, or making an insolent heel fight the Undertaker.
Like, turning a brawl into a tag match is a very common thing but it somehow became his thing.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

surf rock posted:

-I don't know if you're serious or not, but he was a GM for Smackdown famous for being a goof who basically always turned everything into tag matches. Also he once dated former Diva Aksana and then Cesaro did a thing to him that is now word-filtered.

-Titus cannot handle that, no.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

surf rock posted:

In this context all you really need to know is that he was GM of Smackdown for most of the brand split. He's most known for coming out at the end of opening promos and turning all the wrestlers yelling at each other into "a tag match, playa!" or announcing mid and lower card heels bitching are going to have a match right now or later tonight "against the UnderTAKER playa!".

also the time he was in 'takers weed limo and the time cesaro took his girlfriend

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Like, turning a brawl into a tag match is a very common thing but it somehow became his thing.

I just think because Smackdown was a less storyline driven show that didn't have heel authority figures, it was an easy way to make an impromptu opener or main event. Thus Teddy Long, being practically the only face authority figure in a decade, had to be the one to accounce those constantly.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 7, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Teddy also was put into the weed limo.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

surf rock posted:

He was a referee back in the ol' NWA days who eventually turned heel and became a manager. Years later he became a WWF referee who eventually turned heel and became a manager. Then he eventually became General Manager for SmackDown with a brief stint as GM of WWECW in between SmackDown runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have a Teddy Long action figure.

• Locked thread