Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

He's now punching transients in heavens parking lot now.

It was cool to watch him punched David Blaine in the gut that one time

RIP Kimbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RIP, that dude who wasn't good at anything.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheKingslayer posted:

RIP, that dude who wasn't good at anything.

Wow first Kimbo and now TheKingSlayer?!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Wow first Kimbo and now TheKingSlayer?!

Pretty tragic I know. But I get to see Kimbo brawl with Abe Lincoln in the after life. So please, don't mourn me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
He was to MMA what Ali was to boxing. The sport may not survive without him. RIP.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Kimbo vs Dada 5000 was the funniest fight I ever saw, thank you for providing me with so much entertainment Kimbo :smith:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

At least he died having destroyed any hope Ken Shamrock had of making a comeback :unsmith:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Fuuuuuck man dude has six kids I believe. At least I'm sure their college is paid for by now.

For the casual fans or those late to the party, he was generally known as a very nice guy outside of the ring. If his knees weren't bone dust held together by taffy he might of done something more important than the Kimboplex.

Post a gif of it for me, I'm in hospital right now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

Fuuuuuck man dude has six kids I believe. At least I'm sure their college is paid for by now.

For the casual fans or those late to the party, he was generally known as a very nice guy outside of the ring. If his knees weren't bone dust held together by taffy he might of done something more important than the Kimboplex.

Post a gif of it for me, I'm in hospital right now.

Hope it serves to aid in your recovery over whatever is up with you

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Now who will deliver presents on Blaxploitation Christmas?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

RZApublican posted:

At least he died having destroyed any hope Ken Shamrock had of making a comeback :unsmith:

Actually, I think ancient Royce Gracie did that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hope it serves to aid in your recovery over whatever is up with you

Wonderful sir, wonderful!

Once you've had acute pancreatitis once, which I have, you are very likely to have again in the next few years. It BLOWS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Log posted:

I'm in hospital right now.

Sorry you'll never get your win back now, Dada :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RIP

Official cause of death: banana deficiency

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kimbo got beat to hell by Michael Jai White in wonderful b-movie "Blood and Bone" and never got a rematch :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every so often I think about the ref in that match and his hangdog "I can't loving believe this poo poo I'm seeing" expression and I crack up.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Every so often I think about the ref in that match and his hangdog "I can't loving believe this poo poo I'm seeing" expression and I crack up.

John McCarthy has seen drat near everything in MMA, I'm shocked he didn't just say "y'know what? I'm done." and retired right after that.

E: lol

Bloody Elbow posted:

"I honestly thought it would be over within the first round," McCaarthy told MMA Fighting. "And you know, when we got to the end of the first round, I thought, ‘Oh my God, this thing's going to go all three rounds.'"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The beauty of DaDa 5000/Kimbo was that everyone knew that it was going to be either a disaster 3-round fight or have a hilarious finish, and it chose option C which was doing both in ways we couldn't even fathom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DJExile posted:

John McCarthy has seen drat near everything in MMA, I'm shocked he didn't just say "y'know what? I'm done." and retired right after that.

During. Just halfway through round 2 threw his arms up and climbed out the cage and up the aisle without looking back.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, we finally found the one fight Kimbo Slice couldn't win, and it was against death. #RIP

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hope that police are investigating noted Kimbo enemy, the inner me, because this poo poo seems like foul play.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

kimbo heard ali died so he died and went to fighters heaven to youtube himself beating some angel goat rear end

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
So who's the official bodyguard of Reality Kings now?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kimbo dead, so what

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

leaned over with his hands on his knees forever in the big second tier fighting organization in heaven, RIP

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
mother fucker had an upsetting navel

sorry he dead

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

He had a cool name

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
tonight in honor of mr slice my wife and i will be drinking 40s and watching money talks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kimbo brought back the joys of watching the first UFC events where you had guys who were very violent but not so great at MMA. Good times. I'll miss him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Seriously that is a malignant belly button

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

Wonderful sir, wonderful!

Once you've had acute pancreatitis once, which I have, you are very likely to have again in the next few years. It BLOWS

Been there dude, got it after I had my spine fused. Get well soon!

Also RIP Kimbo. :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The real tragedy in all of this is that Kuato is going to have to find a new home

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

super macho dude posted:

kimbo heard ali died so he died and went to fighters heaven to youtube himself beating some angel goat rear end

This is canon

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

rip kimbo you were a professional mma fighter for nine years and felt no need to learn how to do anything productive from mount or to train sufficient cardio to make it to round two of a three round fight

you gave hope to millions of weekend garbagemen that we too could fight against hobos for money

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I hear only the most revered hobomen from around the country are going to be his pallbearers. RIP Kimbo now you can train in heaven and to wait for Tank Abbot. :(

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

rip

The first live MMA I ever watched was Kimbo vs. Petruzelli.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 7, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DJExile posted:

E: lol

When McCarthy was asked on his podcast if it was the worst fight he's ever reffed, he said "not even close" since he'll ref for any Z-list local promotion and he's seen some terrible, terrible fights

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
RIP Kimbo. Thanks for training up LT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_48W8SAcnHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294AAmHl2KQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I5tmx3I7hU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DapHvMaIAHU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

When McCarthy was asked on his podcast if it was the worst fight he's ever reffed, he said "not even close" since he'll ref for any Z-list local promotion and he's seen some terrible, terrible fights

Should have been more specific and asked if it was the worst televised fight he's ever reffed

• Locked thread