Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

The Dregs posted:

UFC stood to gain a shitload more money from Slice winning than they did Petruzelli.

That wasn't UFC, that was Elite XC; they folded a couple weeks after Slice lost because he was their big name and he just had his rear end handed to him by a guy who was a last-second replacement. It didn't help in some video you can hear the head of Elite screaming at the ref to stand them up and Petruzelli said later he had been "encouraged" by the management to stand and trade with this guy instead of using takedowns; turns out that advice didn't save Slice either. Elite lost their TV deal shortly after and they were history.

RIP Elite XC-ending man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

All my Facebook friends who own pitbulls have been genuinely upset.

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

And yet Dan Quinn is somehow still alive.

It's the power of stevia

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
How the gently caress does somebody in shape like Kimbo drop dead at 42?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Immortan posted:

a lot of steroids

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Immortan posted:

If you don't get proper checkups you'll die of heart problems. Happened to Kimbo Slice and Randy Savage. Both likely had completely preventable deaths.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i liked kimbo a lot better than ali that sucks

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
He was our generation's Muhammad Ali.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Immortan posted:

drugs

probably not weed, though :420:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
modern athletes are usually pretty terrible health role models, you have to abuse your body pretty hard and these dudes are worn out wrecks by middle age

healthy fit people who work out every day and live to be 130 dont look like Kimbo Slice

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

float like a butterfly smell like a trashcan

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Kimbo was cool this kinda sucks.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Honky Dong Country posted:

Kimbo was cool this kinda sucks.

I liked him more than Muhammad Ali.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
kimbo slice would be a good name for a fruit-themed nintendo platformer

he could be donkey kong's buddy

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Immortan posted:

I liked him more than Muhammad Ali.

he was a very funny bearded slow motion train wreck of a man(kimbo), and he will be missed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Betty White is Father Time's mom.

Thanks that's my hot take.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Hate to break it to you but Kimbo probably could have beaten Ali in a fight last week.

Stephen Hawking could have beat Ali in a fight last year.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

My favorite Kimbo story was the one where he had just started to train MMA. He was practicing jiu-jitsu for the first time and his practice partner was styling on him, submitting him and just making him look like a complete fool. Kimbo felt so disrespected that he then left the gym and went out to his car to get his gun. I forget his exact wording, but basically where he was from, you don't do that poo poo to another man unless you want to get shot.

Immortan posted:

A lot of steroid users die early deaths from heart problems.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Count Freebasie posted:

Stephen Hawking could have beat Ali in a fight last year.

I would have watched that. There's not enough cripplefighting going on nowadays.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Grody posted:

Lol I always thought a 280 lb roided out black dude who got famous for fighting ppl 100 lbs smaller with zero experience was the funniest poo poo ppl praised him like he was truly talented lmbo

if he was white would u have said white dude

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Ben Smash posted:

One of my best memories of my drinking years is sitting at my buddy's apartment throwing back Negra Modelo in beer tasting glasses (we called it beer shots and we could kill a six pack in an hour doing this) and thumbing through channels on his ancient, tiny, tube tv in his kitchen. One day we stumbled on UFC, somehow, on some weird broadcast tv channel. We heard "Ken Shamrock v Kimbo Slice" and broke out the whiskey and settled in for a good fight. Then the little turd with the pink hair was announced and it was all "Oh poo poo that kid is gonna get slaughtered!"
Then karateman annihilated Kimbo and there was much hooting and hollering in that apartment. After the fight Kimbo said "We're all going to the same after party so it's all good!"

Truly a King of Fighters.

OMG a whole six pack in an hour??! You guys were out of control!!!!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Immortan posted:

Steroids make your heart swole along with your other muscles, which sounds kind of cool but in reality is really bad.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Immortan posted:

I take it you never saw Kimbo fight? He was far from "in shape" and would gas in the first round every time.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

OMG a whole six pack in an hour??! You guys were out of control!!!!

Typically it was like 20 minutes, actually. I wasn't trying to sound like a party animal, it's just a good memory.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I had a college roommate who was built like him and could deadlift cars and poo poo but he'd get out of breath just from walking up two flights of stairs.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Skeleton Ape posted:

I had a college roommate who was built like him and could deadlift cars and poo poo but he'd get out of breath just from walking up two flights of stairs.

did you watch that kimbo/dada 5000 fight someone posted earlier? it is a great representation of what you are talking about. they both gas on the way to the cage and proceed to have the lousiest excuse for a fight. its very funny.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i got gassed on the way to the cage yesterday

it was the cage i keep my extra gasoline in

but i was too gassed to make it

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Bip Roberts posted:

Rule of threes man.

Ali, Slice, Picard.

SOMETHING HAPPENED TO JEAN-LUC??? :ohdear:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Skeleton Ape posted:

Big muscles require way more blood than normal sized toned muscles do, so the big muscly dudes end up gassing way faster than a leaner dude. Still some cardio trainining in addition to the weight training they do goes a long way in fixing that, and might make them less likely to die at 40 from heart problems

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Mozi posted:

i got gassed on the way to the cage yesterday

it was the cage i keep my extra gasoline in

but i was too gassed to make it

hosed up if false

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

did you watch that kimbo/dada 5000 fight someone posted earlier? it is a great representation of what you are talking about. they both gas on the way to the cage and proceed to have the lousiest excuse for a fight. its very funny.

Even worse, dada was hospitalized after with 'severe fatigue, dehydration, and renal failure' and suffered cardiac arrest twice.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/3/11155408/dada-5000-released-from-hospital-following-kimbo-slice-bout

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000: 3 rounds, 3 cardiac arrests, 1 death.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Say Nothing posted:

Even worse, dada was hospitalized after with 'severe fatigue, dehydration, and renal failure' and suffered cardiac arrest twice.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/3/11155408/dada-5000-released-from-hospital-following-kimbo-slice-bout

quote:

"severe dehydration, fatigue and renal failure" after attempting to cut nearly 40 pounds over the span of a few months

Big weight fluctuations are another great way to gently caress yourself up and fighters do it right before a match.

"Gassed in the first round" and "dead before 55" reminded me of The Ultimate Warrior's entrance. Sprints to the ring, shakes the ropes, stumbles around doing headlocks, dies during middle age.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

the gorilla is the best!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JakeP posted:

the gorilla is the best!

Wish racist much? Mods,,,???!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It still blows my mind that dada 5000 survived 3 cardiac arrests. That was a true shitshow of a fight.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if you can't even safely abuse steroids and bare knuckle fight 300 pound men in the street for a living anymore how am i supposed to eat

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

JakeP posted:

the gorilla is the best!

That's chyna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread