Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Welcome to the Dorkroom photo contest!

last month's theme was "temporary", and Soopafly showed us all how true that is!

For the new month the theme is :911::boom: :minnie: d i f f u s i o n :cabot: :boom::911:

Be creative!

Rules THAT MEAN NOTHING:
  1. This thread is for posting pics & voting.
  2. One submission/poster. Note that you can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins!
  3. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
  4. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites! In case this isn't clear, the contest started after the theme was chosen in the last thread (not necessarily when I got around to posing the new thread), and it runs until the dates listed below!
  5. Contest will be open until roughly the end of the month! after which voting will begin.
  6. Voting will continue until Shortly after that! (or when I get banned, I guess).
  7. Also, I guess no :nws: images? If someone has a kick rear end NSFW idea, i dunno? take it up with SoundMonkey i guess? I don't wanna get in the way of good
    ideas and all, but rules are rules.
  8. When voting, please deploy the spoiler tag. hail satan. I will announce when voting begins!
  9. SoundMonkey will offer a prize of some kind valued at around $20 to the winner. Especially if you live in loving Antarctica or something. PM or e-mail SoundMonkey to claim the prize.

I or SoundMonkey reserve the right to change the rules in case I missed something really obvious that probably won't affect anyone.

Winner picks the next theme, probably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
Let's all post contributions after the contest have ended.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i might change but i figured i'd get the ball rolling

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Kråkbanan by Anders Öquist, on Flickr

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

P6240316.jpg

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Bloody rain and non waterproof rebels ruining my deaders style fog shots. I have competitions to lose :argh:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Bloody rain and non waterproof rebels ruining my deaders style fog shots. I have competitions to lose :argh:

Tape a plastic bag to a UV filter, put the filter on your lens and the bag over the camera and enjoy your waterproof equipment that didn't cost you like $3k.

edit: ok maybe water resistant is a better word to use than waterproof haha. But it works in rain.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

If you can find a hazmat suit with a big enough helmet, you may be able to lift your arms up to your face inside the suit, and have a totally waterproof photo session that way. It could also grant you access to places like Chernobyl.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Hook thats an excellent idea but i think I'm gunna have to go with the chernobyl one, radiation noise is pretty diffused.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hook thats an excellent idea but i think I'm gunna have to go with the chernobyl one, radiation noise is pretty diffused.

Yeah, that's fair.

strong coffee
Feb 2, 2009

"This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee!"
Untitled by roy.richeson, on Flickr

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

foggy heron by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Through the Tree Mist 5 by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Untitled by Ryan Sees What, on Flickr

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

i might change but i figured i'd get the ball rolling

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Supaflyyyyyyyyyy

mr. despair a close second

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
mr.despair

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Moon Potato

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
sadammit

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
despair

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Saddamnit

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soopafly

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
Mr. Despair

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Stoopidfly

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Monsieur Despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Finally, I've been waiting for someone to break the tie.

soopafly 3
Mr. Despair 4
saddamnit 2
Moon Potato 1

looks like I win suckers, new thread will go up later tonight unless I get drunk celebrating

• Locked thread