Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Have you ever lived in region where they say wheel Barry instead if wheel barrow. Because I have. There's all sorts of interesting regional dialects. What's your favorite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
When I was a kid I thought it was a wheel barrel which still makes sense to me

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
What about regionalbfood? I like pepperoni rolls.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

they are talking about my brother Wheel Barry he's a large autistic man w a plan and tht plan is to help U move UR items to where ever U want em at basement discount prices

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ChrisHansen posted:

When I was a kid I thought it was a wheel barrel which still makes sense to me

It's not wheel barrel?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

is that australia? because all of their words end with -y

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's not wheel barrel?

I know! A barrow is the place in the hobbit where bilbao almost gets hosed by a ghost

A barrel is where you keep stuff

IT SHOULD BE WHEELBARREL

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo guys, I need to huff some canned air to level out

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I enjoy this regional food called pizza (pronounced pie-ZA I believe). Also not sure if it's available where you guys live but there's this carbonated beverage called Pepsi (Pep-Sigh), that's alright IMO.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kuato posted:

I enjoy this regional food called pizza (pronounced pie-ZA I believe). Also not sure if it's available where you guys live but there's this carbonated beverage called Pepsi (Pep-Sigh), that's alright IMO.

we call it tomater pie

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i thought it was weed barrow

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.

King of Bees posted:

Have you ever lived in region where they say wheel Barry instead if wheel barrow. Because I have. There's all sorts of interesting regional dialects. What's your favorite?

Barry Sanders or Manilow? They're both wheely good.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tomato Burger posted:

Barry Sanders or Manilow? They're both wheely good.

Fuckin Barry Manillow rocks I'll have you not bespeach his name

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i have created my own dialect i call it "jive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

It's not wheel barrel?

I thought this too. There are more Ivy League universities in my region than farms, so yeah.

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax
You know how some people refer to le peen as "Johnson" ? Yeah? Well, back in the day, before men evolved to grow the tiddlywink micro penises that we know today - in this day and age, the nickname for dicks was "Barry".

Barries were rather cumbersome, and the womens would find their menfolk tiring out, utterly exhausted, at like mid-morning during the day - after doing nothing 'cept lugging their giant cocks around. That was just not on, having none of it! How they gonna do their manly man chores if they were plum tuckered out before lunch? Pssh!

So, it was then that some genius came up with the bright idea that the guys should have some sort of a cart, to wheel their Barry around in, to conserve their energy. That dick cart, which some bright thinker (probably female, no doubt) invented, came to be known as the wheelbarry!

Problem was, men weren't generally known to be particularly skilled in the art of multi-tasking. Over time, it came to pass that pushing around a wheelbarry was also entirely far too cumbersome for the poor menfolk to bear. They either had to grow a third hand/arm or their peen size be reduced. Evolution's choice and Evolution chose. Mother Nature seemed delighted, she could be quite spiteful that one, back in the day - snipping cock size down brought her much joy. Dick reductions all 'round, boys.

You do still sometimes hear the term "wheelbarry" bandied about these days. It's usually by men, ohh and women, feeling the loss. A loss. A loss that they feel but are unsure of what it is that they're actually missing. Well, I'm here to tell you, that it's the the long forgotten age of the true monstercock wielding men that the wheelbarry-sayers have an unknown inherent hankering for.

And that concludes your history lesson for today. Good day to you. *nods*

*does thumb-forefinger-tiny motion and mouths the word "tiddlywinks!" with quick glance at your groin region and wanders off with a grin* :D

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/ZITL0gn.jpg

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Pittsburgh pepperoni rolls are my poo poo, op

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

scott zoloft posted:

Pittsburgh pepperoni rolls are my poo poo, op

Coal miner/steel mill food gently caress yeah. The best have pep/moz/peppers.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
hello king of barrys

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nonviolent J posted:

hello king of barrys

:sludgepal:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
In Ohio everyone around here adds an "s" to business name, like "Walmarts" and "Krogers", and all the Italian people call bell peppers "mangos". It's enough to make me insane.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
The best was being drunk as hell and going to 7/11 after closing the bar and getting a pep roll and filling it with hotdog chili from the pump dispenser

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

criscodisco posted:

In Ohio everyone around here adds an "s" to business name, like "Walmarts" and "Krogers", and all the Italian people call bell peppers "mangos". It's enough to make me insane.

Ohio is the land of post modern fiction.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

King of Bees posted:

The best was being drunk as hell and going to 7/11 after closing the bar and getting a pep roll and filling it with hotdog chili from the pump dispenser

:five:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I live in the midwest and people here say "warsh" instead of 'wash" and it drives me just absolutely nuts

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I live in the midwest and people here say "warsh" instead of 'wash" and it drives me just absolutely nuts

warsh youre hands in the sank

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh god noooooo

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
in my neck of the woods they call the zombies 'revenants' and it drives me nuts

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Bitter Mushroom posted:

in my neck of the woods they call the zombies 'revenants' and it drives me nuts

we call 'em liberals >: )

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

criscodisco posted:

I have not encountered the "mango" thing yet, but yeah the "s" is obnoxious.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
a'm fae stirlin' and wheel Barry is the preferred nomenclature

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Iron Crowned posted:

I have not encountered the "mango" thing yet, but yeah the "s" is obnoxious.

I just googled it, and apparently it's not just Italians and it's not just Ohio, but much of the Midwest. The reasoning is that bell peppers used to only come pickled, which somehow is an explanation.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

criscodisco posted:

I just googled it, and apparently it's not just Italians and it's not just Ohio, but much of the Midwest. The reasoning is that bell peppers used to only come pickled, which somehow is an explanation.

Old people are weird as gently caress

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

criscodisco posted:

I have lived in the Midwest in various places my whole life and literally never heard this :shrug: I wish that article elaborated because now I'm curious

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I grew up in Indiana and never heard it, until I moved here. I've only heard old Italians say it, but those people know less words that the Hawaiians.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

same

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The majority of the UK will say 'barrah' and other hosed up poo poo.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

pants cat posted:

The majority of the UK will say 'barrah' and other hosed up poo poo.

English people talk like kindergarteners

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Oi, fancy a jammy dodger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

I know, man. I know.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/IUTuxJf.jpg

For some strange reason, the below post springs to mind. Not sure why or what the connection could be there. *scratches chin*

proof of concept posted:

when he tries it, this happens:

:D

• Locked thread