Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Problem description: PC is constantly locking up with a loud hissing noise at the same time. Most of the time have to hold in power button to get it to restart. It usually happens most when I'm playing a game.

Attempted fixes: I've reinstalled OS, updated all drivers/firmware/BIOS, monitored temps with RealTemp (all low), tried various programs that are supposed to tell you why the system crashed but all they show is "Windows had an event". No poo poo. Various mem and HD tests that all report no problems found.

Recent changes: No changes, just started happening a few months ago and haven't been able to stop it.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit

System specs: i5-6600k, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO mobo, Intel 750 PCI-E SSD, 32gb, Nvidia 980 Ti videocard.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
If you tested the RAM sticks individually, my money is on the video card.

• Locked thread