Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Brock? More like crock (of poo poo)
This guy fuckin sucks
This guy sucks and fucks
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
My favorite part of this is where his childhood friend, Leslie Something, was asked to submit a character letter to the court, and has used this to promote her band. (I know it wasn't her fault that her letter got released to the press.) Her initial letter was a rambling mess of victim-blaming and then her follow-up statement is basically"hey guys, I'm in a band. I've been in this band for ten years [she's 20 now]. Basically, like, I've been told by my family not to drink while I'm performing with my band because then I might get raped, and also be in a band. Brock is my friend. My mix tape is hype. Don't drink and you won't get raped, this is what 10 years of performing has taught me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Her cool band is called Good English.

Not affiliated with Good Charlotte or Bad English

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
One of the myriad of good reasons to never trust someone named "Brock".

This whole ordeal has changed me irreparably. I used to love ribeye but not anymore. Who can I sue about this?

Edit: oh p.s.- he isn't doing time in a prison, but in county jail.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
She is lucky he didn't just spend 20 minutes rubbing that weird white fro over her body like some kind of privileged sponge.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Melmac posted:

Her cool band is called Good English.

Not affiliated with Good Charlotte or Bad English

Their music actually sounds like something I would like. Shame.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I could see people close to him giving him the benefit of doubt if the circumstances were; she was in his dorm, no wounds, and just didn't remember the ~20 minutes of action~

But no, he was going at it behind a god drat dumpster, she was covered in scrapes and pine needles, and he loving booked it outta there when he got caught. He knew he wasn't invited into this poor lady, it doesn't matter that he was drunk, he had the presence of mind to know that if he was caught, he'd be screwed.

This poo poo pisses me off just as much as that poor dude who got stuck with a six year sentence from a false rape claim.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
disgusting. what kind of society do we live in where passing out behind a dumpster is no longer safe?

wait until the hobo community hears about this!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Why would you assume that she passed out next to a dumpster? It's far more likely he brought her there.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The kid was in stanford, a highly rated, prestigious school. The woman he "raped" was not a student at this school. She might have been mexican. I'm not saying she was mexican but she could have been. She also was passed out, so essentially no harm no foul.

/trumped

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
He's practically the Zimmerman of rape. In 3 years he will be selling his fingers on the internet.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Oh gently caress you. Here's my favorite part:

a giant idiot posted:

I have been repeatedly reminded by my family and coached by police to hold my personal sobriety closely and seriously because of the industry I work in and the risks to my own life that I could face as a young woman playing regularly in venues across the country where alcohol is served.

Hey, nice subtle victim blaming there. Thanks.

edit: I also like the whole "the court requested I write this, it's not like I could say 'no'!" Yes, yes you could have.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i can't help but feel bad for a 20 year old kid that is going to be crucified by internet harpies for daring to stick up for her high school friend, even if she was wrong

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

City of Tampa posted:

i can't help but feel bad for a 20 year old kid that is going to be crucified by internet harpies for daring to stick up for her high school friend, even if she was wrong

It's cool, her parents should have warned her about the dangers of being dumb on the Internet, after 10 years of being on the Internet I've learned this. Here's a link to my lovely band, that I will hype while victim blaming:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

City of Tampa posted:

She condensed a whole lot of stupidity into her statements. I don't understand what she means when she says he was only arrested because it's politically correct. What the gently caress does that even mean? She deserves all the scorn she's getting.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I feel bad for the other memebers of the band.

Also the victim, obvs. How the gently caress did that idiot get pine needles in her vagina?

Brock's lawyer also argued that vaginal abrasions are normal after fingerbanging, so I feel bad for his wife, too.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
How the gently caress is 20 minutes of rubbing your dick on a passed out girl behind a dumpster used as a mitigating fact? What would be the cutoff time for a 'really bad' rape in this fuckers eyes?

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar
so whats the link to his reddit account?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
brb, trying to put 9/11 in terms of "minutes of action"

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Vaginal Abrasion is a pretty solid name for a metal band.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

lilljonas posted:

It's cool, her parents should have warned her about the dangers of being dumb on the Internet, after 10 years of being on the Internet I've learned this. Here's a link to my lovely band, that I will hype while victim blaming:

yeah I'm sure her parents aren't all that internet savvy, and that nobody expected the full text of a letter that she wrote to a judge would end up available to the public

Leon Einstein posted:

She condensed a whole lot of stupidity into her statements. I don't understand what she means when she says he was only arrested because it's politically correct. What the gently caress does that even mean? She deserves all the scorn she's getting.

if I had to guess I'd say that the "politically correct" thing was a reference to relatively recent hysteria regarding rape on college campuses, obv. that was a really dumb thing to say but then again when she wrote that letter it wasn't with the idea that it was going to be publicly available and part of an outrageous situation like this. And she's 20 so she's supposed to be kinda retarded

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Lol that the father thinks the son lasted 20 minutes and not 20 seconds.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

That's what I don't get either. What is the relationship between feminists on Tumblr getting mad at a guy for saying "dongle" and this guy raping? :psyduck:

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Her life isn't over, because there isn't a picture of her being fed over facebook, but this guy is hosed for life.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
so how hot was the girl, that should determine the sentence here imo. if she's a hambeast a slap on the wrist should be enough

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

I think you shouldn't rape, and also that it's ill-advised to pass out in public.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Melmac posted:

That's what I don't get either. What is the relationship between feminists on Tumblr getting mad at a guy for saying "dongle" and this guy raping? :psyduck:

if I had to make a guess about where the whole idiotic concept of "rape culture" started I'd say Tumblr, but that's probably giving them too much credit

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

so how hot was the girl, that should determine the sentence here imo. if she's a hambeast a slap on the wrist should be enough

comedy gold voting 5 thank you goon sire you had my spitting sriracha all over mine keyboard

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

lilljonas posted:

I did feel bad for this friend, until I realized that she was doubling down on the victim-blaming and flogging her band like crazy. She claims to have been essentially a public figure (due to her career as a musician) since she was ten. Wouldn't she be savvy enough to just say, "I wrote a letter in support of my friend, you don't know him/me"? She didn't even have to apologize or back down.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
He should have taken up football, he could do this every weekend with no consequences at all.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If reality TV has taught me anything, it's that anyone who says something irredeemably stupid and then gets shouted down for it is the victim.
Also, any 20-year-old who claims to have put in 10 years of hard work in a band clearly does not know the actual definition of "hard work".

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Veshpo posted:

I think you shouldn't rape, and also that it's ill-advised to pass out in public.

Why are people saying this? She didn't get drunk, wander around by herself and pass out in an alley. She and the golden boy rapist were at a party drinking together and he took her barely conscious from the party to an alley so he could rape her after she passed out. It's seriously even more disgusting that way because the guy was preying on her from the start and probably feeding her more and more drinks. And of course he didn't want to take her to his dorm to rape her cause then he might get caught when she woke up.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 8, 2016

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pawn 17 posted:

Why are people saying this? She didn't get drunk, wander around by herself and pass out in an alley. She and the golden boy rapist were at a party drinking together and he took her barely conscious from the party to an alley so he could rape her after she passed out. It's seriously even more disgusting that way because the guy was praying on her from the start and probably feeding her more and more drinks.

whats really disgusting is that you don't know the difference between pray and prey

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Please don't hold me to the things I say and do. -a dumb bitch

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cantaloupe posted:

I'm trying to work cum dumpster into this but I got nothing, sorry everybody

it could have been a simple mistake, any one could get confused with two cum dumpsters right next to each other lol ty ty

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

satanic splash-back posted:

whats really disgusting is that you don't know the difference between pray and prey

You mean "what's" not whats. See, I'm cool too, handing out those sick typo burns.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 8, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

literal stranger in a dark alley rape

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

You mean "what's" not whats. See, I'm cool too, handing out those sick typo burns.

shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cantaloupe posted:

any one could get confused with two cum dumpsters right next to each other lol ty ty

:eyepop:

• Locked thread