Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
On the grill I'm a straight up charcoal user. Always have been. Always will be. If you are a gas users please explain your reason .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

im a charcoal man

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
If you're not a charcoal man, you're not a man at all.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i use natural gas because i like the way my food tastes when i use it. to each his own

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Propane: taste the meat, not the heat

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Propane Propane

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I am not a poor, so I choose to not use charcoal.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

gasoline

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

drunkb posted:

I am not a poor, so I choose to not use charcoal.

lol @ u

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Gas is nice because I basically use my grill to cook everything all summer (so I don't heat up the house) and you can cook on a gas grill with zero extra effort. Charcoal is nice if you want to spend the time.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I just knock my shopping cart on its side and burn whatever trash I had been carting around. Taste the skeet, not the meat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I cook my food over a roasting Enfield.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VendaGoat posted:

Idiot, please use a sustainable fuel source

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
One good hot dog is where you use a tamale instead of a hot dog.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Charcoal supremacy

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

VendaGoat posted:

i hope you like the taste of burning malt liqour :whitewater:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Idiot, please use a sustainable fuel source

Well, Enfield better get to having kids.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Gas = convenience
Charcoal = performance/flavor

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Bip Roberts posted:

Gas is nice because I basically use my grill to cook everything all summer (so I don't heat up the house) and you can cook on a gas grill with zero extra effort. Charcoal is nice if you want to spend the time.

This guy gets it

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
there's just something about building a fire with your own hands and a gallon of lighter fluid.

gas can suck my balls as far as I'm concerned.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Charcoal or gently caress off.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Propane: taste the meat, not the heat

I'm going to hunt you down

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i roast speared aurochs over the split wood of my sacrifical pyre

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*hands you a bull testicle*

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Enfield posted:

i roast speared aurochs over the split wood of my sacrifical pyre

But what about hotdogs?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

ChrisHansen posted:

Charcoal or gently caress off.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bananana posted:

But what about hotdogs?

i cook hotdogs on a coffee burner

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing is better than waiting for 45 minutes for charcoal to be stacked in one of the 11 different ways to stack charcoal, then arguing with your father in law about which charcoal stacking method is the correct one, then cooking a bunch of burgs covered in flakes of charcoal and lighter fluid.

Except every other method of grilling.

I would sooner have a grill out on a George Forman. Suck my dick.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Enfield posted:

i cook hotdogs on a coffee burner

You monster

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

*hands you a bull testicle*

Someone handed me some breaded bull testicle at a cookout once and I ate those balls like a gay cow. I thought it was actually pretty good.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I charcoaled for a while but gas is so much more efficient and easy.
If I'm doing the '' rustic, building a fire with my hands and waiting to cook over it" shtick, I'm camping.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Taste the meat, not the heat.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As a rich person I have an xl big green egg that uses actual wood

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dave_Indeed posted:

Someone handed me some breaded bull testicle at a cookout once and I ate those balls like a gay cow. I thought it was actually pretty good.

they increase your fertility

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Charcoal takes like 15 minutes to heat with a chimney starter. I don't know what you idiots with your lighter fluid and stacking poo poo are doing.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

they increase your fertility

Yeah. I got like, 10 girls pregnant. But it's okay I made them get abortions by leaving.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wood, you pleb casuals.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Charcoal takes like 15 minutes to heat with a chimney starter. I don't know what you idiots with your lighter fluid and stacking poo poo are doing.

Being huge loving spergs.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Gas because that is what my outdoor kitchen uses because we are not filthy poors that mess with gross and dirty charcoal, I supervised the cooking of two lesbians dealing with charcoal last thanksgiving and it just turned into a disaster because coal is filthy and gross instead of a nice stainless steel grill with a marble countertop as Jesus intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Can't we just agree on something gbs? Charcoal when done properly does taste slightly better. It takes prep time and patience. Propane can taste quite similar and takes less prep and next to no cleanup. If your time isn't worth much, use charcoal and wait and then dig out your remains. If that is not the case, turn the propane grill on high for a few minutes to get hot and then eat soon after.

• Locked thread