Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I can make myself feel pretty good pretty easily (i.e. huffing gas, masturbating) but making myself feel bad is also equally easy (e.x. looking in the mirror, reading my posts), so which one is better? Please support your arguments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

It depends on the person, don't you think, OP? For instance, it would be better to make Hitler sad and Obama happy.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

cnut posted:

It depends on the person, don't you think, OP? For instance, it would be better to make Hitler sad and Obama happy.

Obama's frown is really visually appealing though. I'd argue that making Obama sad would, in turn, make me and the doubtless thousands of others like me happy

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
The real question is did you make yourself happy.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Izzhov posted:

Obama's frown is really visually appealing though. I'd argue that making Obama sad would, in turn, make me and the doubtless thousands of others like me happy

Wow, you've given me something to think about. Thanks, Izzy!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it is better to be happy than sad (source: feelings experience) and making people happy creates a general vibe that in turn will increase your happiness. or not, but you'll still feel good about it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

noctambulous nebab posted:

The real question is did you make yourself happy.

I felt pretty good for a while. Thanks for asking. How about you?

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

satanic splash-back posted:

I felt pretty good for a while. Thanks for asking. How about you?

I always feel bad and if I feel good it is the beginning of something very bad.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

noctambulous nebab posted:

I always feel bad and if I feel good it is the beginning of something very bad.

I hope you feel better soon

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

I hope you feel better soon

Can't relate?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Now wait a second. Your title implies making other people happy or sad, but the OP only refers to you!

I must know which matters more.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

other people? clearly better to make them happy.

yourself? hard to say. general insecurity and dissatisfaction has led me to a fairly high level of success. I dunno, op.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i prefer to make people cum, op

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If you are sad, you gotta make others sad. If you are happy, you make others happy too.

Only a weird psycho would do the opposite.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
sadness owns

misery ftw

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

Now wait a second. Your title implies making other people happy or sad, but the OP only refers to you!

I must know which matters more.

I'm a people, you're a people, I'm just trying to make discussion easier to relate to.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

I'm a people, you're a people, I'm just trying to make discussion easier to relate to.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

most people would say it's better to make people happy but i'm a maverick who goes his own way

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
its better to make others fear you. otherwise they will betray you and take what is yours.

fear=respect

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

most people would say it's better not to wear a belly shirt to a job interview but i swim against the stream

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JiveHonky posted:

its better to make others fear you. otherwise they will betray you and take what is yours.

fear=respect

most people would say it's better not to be betrayed but i'm my own man. don't put me in a box

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

fear=respect

i don't think anybody fears me, or ever will.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
What if... you didn't care about anyone but yourself and the reaction of others were random phenomena

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It depends, OP. Who're we talkin' about here? Cuz my answer is gonna be different depending on if it's Hitler or not.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

It depends, OP. Who're we talkin' about here? Cuz my answer is gonna be different depending on if it's Hitler or not.

i theorize that hitler wouldn't have killed anyone if he was happy. i would say i haven't killed anyone when i was happy, but i'll be honest: i can't remember. hell, i can't remember 10 minutes ago!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i hope i make people happy i try very hard to

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Your answer is in the bottom of a tank full of gasoline, OP. Breathe deeply.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Honestly I don't understand happiness as a goal. Is it getting everything you want? Is it pleasing other people to get what you want?

I am really confused and need guidance.

gently caress it I will post in E/N

noctambulous nebab fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 8, 2016

soyopocono
Jul 4, 2015
Make people pissed as poo poo. At least they'll feel alive

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Serviette posted:

Your answer is in the bottom of a tank full of gasoline, OP. Breathe deeply.

I've been trying. Do you ignore my posts or something? That's not cool. You're not cool. My beer isn't cool anymore either.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
this was not my finest post

No Mans Land 2 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 8, 2016

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
I would be happy if I could travel anywhere I wanted and had an open budget. Traveling is kind of like doing drugs.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I like to make fit people happier and pissbaby people sad. I think of it as helping people be who they are.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Celluloid Sam posted:

i can never find the smiley i'm looking for so have this one :eonwe: and pretend its the one where one little orb hugs another little orb

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
:glomp:

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

cnut posted:

but Obama is hitler??

(lol my autocorrent capitalized Obama but not hitler.
do those libtards at Microsoft think Obama is more famous than hitler, or is it a form of protest?)

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

that's the one!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
would that death visits us with the rot of his flourishing

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Celluloid Sam posted: