Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If a bunch of Vulcans hang out together long enough, do they synchronize their Pon Farr like human fffeeemales do with their menstrual cycles?

Also, where does the electricity come from on the Enterprise? Our real life USS Enterprise is, as we know, powered by eight nuclear fission reactors, but a nuclear reactor is really just a boiler for a steam engine that you never have to stoke. The actual electricity comes from a steam turbine.

Does the starship Enterprise have a steam turbine hooked up to the matter/antimatter reactor someplace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

they sync by touching and mind melding

warp plasma

no

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can I get pozzed in the holodeck?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

spud posted:

Can I get pozzed in the holodeck?

You can only get syntha-aids on federation starships.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Why do human ships try to pretend their main gun is really a "censor"?

Non-human ships see things just fine without a big bulls-eye in the middle. And they 'convert' it shoot a big space laser like every four episodes.

That's a gun, guys. Why are you lying?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Applewhite posted:

If a bunch of Vulcans hang out together long enough, do they synchronize their Pon Farr like human fffeeemales do with their menstrual cycles?

Also, where does the electricity come from on the Enterprise? Our real life USS Enterprise is, as we know, powered by eight nuclear fission reactors, but a nuclear reactor is really just a boiler for a steam engine that you never have to stoke. The actual electricity comes from a steam turbine.

Does the starship Enterprise have a steam turbine hooked up to the matter/antimatter reactor someplace?

they wire up the lights but they hide the wires behind other parts of the set

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
imagine a Klingons versus Space Marines crossover! How AWESOME would that be you guys! does anyone know someone who could make it happen??

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What resolution does the holodeck run at and how many Deanna Trois can I spawn before the FPS starts to lag?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

the matter/antimatter reactor is just to power the warp drive. the star trek universe have invented micro fusion generators like fallout, most of the electricity comes from those

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
did william shatner ever bang heather locklear when they worked together on tj hooker?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Beryllium sphere I think

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Luvcow posted:

did william shatner ever bang heather locklear when they worked together on tj hooker?

No, but he remedied that with her guest appearance on Boston Legal.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Was Chief O'Brien a victim of adultery? There's a term for it I'm sure, but I'm no good at technobabble.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLhTEB7xM90

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A Keikold! Ha ha, nailed it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

the matter/antimatter reactor is just to power the warp drive. the star trek universe have invented micro fusion generators like fallout, most of the electricity comes from those

So do those have steam engines?

Zorodius posted:

imagine a Klingons versus Space Marines crossover! How AWESOME would that be you guys! does anyone know someone who could make it happen??

Space Marines would kick the Klingons' asses and it wouldn't even be close.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There is no steam power, Applewhite, sorry

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

spud posted:

What resolution does the holodeck run at and how many Deanna Trois can I spawn before the FPS starts to lag?

Speculating here but I assume the holodeck would have to allocate more resources per Troi spawned, so after maybe a dozen or so they will be increasingly more retarded

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There is no steam power, Applewhite, sorry

My hopes for a steampunk Star Trek reboot are dashed :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Billmac posted:

Speculating here but I assume the holodeck would have to allocate more resources per Troi spawned, so after maybe a dozen or so they will be increasingly more retarded

Troi is already pretty stupid so you probably wouldn't notice any difference until like 30 or 40 trois.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Was Chief O'Brien a victim of adultery? There's a term for it I'm sure, but I'm no good at technobabble.

Well his wife moved to some remote planet with some other dude to do...botany? for a year or two.

So yeah I'm pretty sure she was doin the dirt on Miles "Sunshine" O'Brien.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Yes, o'brian's wife cheated on him by sleeping with the future version of him after the original died. (I think that might have happened two separate times, getting a replacement o'brian from another timeline)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It was bullshit when O'Brien died after removing that explosive tumor from that guy.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Applewhite posted:

My hopes for a steampunk Star Trek reboot are dashed :(

You can write your own star trek, Applewhite

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You can write your own star trek, Applewhite

Maybe my next CYOA after Incredibly Broken Girl (which is not cancelled btw)

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
O'Brien becoming the god shaman of that planet while Bashir mocked him endlessly for it is easily in the top ten Trek episodes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Billmac posted:

The limiting factor is how detailed you wan the cameltoes.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Can Data poo and pee

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Can Data poo and pee

He's fully functional and trained in a wide variety of techniques

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
is the mirror mirror universe version of me happy

would he like to make out

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The mirror universe doesn't diverge from our universe until april 5, 2063

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

why do so many pedophiles like this series?

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
what is a bussard and why do they need to be collected

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Celluloid Sam posted:

why do so many pedophiles like this series?

Because sometimes it's pedophiles writing it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how exactly does plating gold with latinum prevent it from being duplicated? this makes no sense

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Mozi posted:

how exactly does plating gold with latinum prevent it from being duplicated? this makes no sense

Because nobody is going to take something that just looks like worthless gold and duplicate it!

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if gold is worthless, why was Quark trying to trade for gold with the US govt when he went to Roswell

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Quark isn't very smart.

How do Klingons still exist? Surely they'd have been wiped out after declaring vaccines to be dishonourable and demanding to fight the space measles like a warrior.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At the very least I find it highly dubious that Klingons would develop space travel.
The Krogan from Mass Effect are a much more satisfying and realistic take on the Klingons, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They use plasma conduits. It's just like electrical wiring except it explodes and kills people on the bridge everytime the ship is jostled.

• Locked thread