Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Here's what we know so far...

you get to play as a marcus, a male hacker protagonist who's crunk but also tech-savvy. he's all about the pentiums.

you're a member of the rebellious hacker organisation known as 4chan in san francisco.

the game will be a whole lot better than watch_dogs 1...except it wasn't and neither will this game because ubisoft need to make deadlines.

all that said, the game sucks looks good and I can't wait for it to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.
can't wait for this to hit 15 usd 3 weeks after launch so i can not buy it.

also here's hoping you have an edgy gamer girl sidekick that DOESN'T DIE this time.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Sorry all my video game money is tied up in Star Citizen.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Is melee combat actually there there this time? I want to just hack phones and assault NPC on the street for random reasons and without having to kill them.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
marcus sounds like a black guy name can you confirm/deny?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Can someone explain to me what is the reason for these games to exist? As far as I can tell it's a worse GTA with some crappy pipe puzzle minigames thrown in

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is melee combat actually there there this time? I want to just hack phones and assault NPC on the street for random reasons and without having to kill them.

actually they're adding non-lethal weapons in the game, so if you're scared you might take the life of an NPC or any AI controlled character, ubisoft's got you covered!

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

AugmentedVision posted:

Can someone explain to me what is the reason for these games to exist? As far as I can tell it's a worse GTA with some crappy pipe puzzle minigames thrown in

Nobody at Ubi knows how to make anything but a bland overworld to paste the same 3 missions across over and over again, See also Every Ubisoft game from like asscreed1 up to the division

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

dreezy posted:

marcus sounds like a black guy name can you confirm/deny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZN408443M

looks like it

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Pound_Coin posted:

Nobody at Ubi knows how to make anything but a bland overworld to paste the same 3 missions across over and over again, See also Every Ubisoft game from like asscreed1 up to the division

I like HOMM but I refuse to buy the new one because gently caress Uplay

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

is this a game for nintendo or sega

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Parallax Scroll posted:

neogeo

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I don't know how you can accurately portray San Francisco in a game without having a smell-attachment that lets the player experience how the whole city reeks of weed and piss.

Also 75% of the game should be you sitting in traffic waiting to reach your objective.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"Remember the game no one liked? Let's make another one."

*every member of the board nods thoughtfully*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i was hoping they would literally have a dog with a giant watch in it this time around. disappointed!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Differences between white guy hacker and black guy hacker:

—Black guy hacker can hack cars to car jack them.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

oh boy, can't wait to see what memes they reference this time!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That's not a joke by the way, that's a difference between the white guy hacker in the first game and the black guy hacker in the second game.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
maybe rideable unicycles and frog costumes

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Turbografix 16

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Last game I played that starred a dog was Beethoven the game.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
will there be a sleeping dogs 2 a sequel to an actual good open world game

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
See... I was super hype for Watch Dogs, being from Chicago and liking the premise. Oversold and under-delivered. Story blew, characters blew, and they loving mangled the city. Downtown is apparently an island? Who knew?!

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Eagerly awaiting more 12fps adventures.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQS6stUX1Cs

can't wait to see ubisoft's hot take on racial issues and gentrification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

the first game was so boring I constantly forget that I even own it, also has by far the worst soundtrack for a gta clone I've ever heard

• Locked thread