Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People are losing their poo poo on the steam forums just because the protagonist in Watchdogs 2 is black....it is pretty loving hilarious...sort of like looking into a time bubble where it's 1920 but we have video games. The posts are getting deleted pretty quick, but some remain. However, it has gotten to the point where I am not sure which are pure troll posts and which are real anymore e.g:

Some Fuckwit posted:

I have a serious question about this upcoming title.
Since when are black people smart enough to hack? I mean, Will it be as good as the other Watch Dogs game.

e: Also the loving Steam tags....

spud fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

spud posted:

People are losing their poo poo on the steam forums just because the protagonist in Watchdogs 2 is black....it is pretty loving hilarious...sort of like looking into a time bubble where it's 1920 but we have video games. The posts are getting deleted pretty quick, but some remain. However, it has gotten to the point where I am not sure which are pure troll posts and which are real anymore e.g:

e: Also the loving Steam tags....

Tbf, there are a TON of eastern Europeans on Steam who may never have heard of a black person before

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Oh sure, when a black man is the protagonist it's a game about committing crimes

Typical

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'd like to see an update for the up and coming Phantom console. This thing is going to be rad!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Aisha Tyler towering over a short, meek Frenchman as he prattles on about whatever design-by-committee one-note offering Ubisoft has this year

An indie developer in flannel mumbles inaudibly about his meaningful creation and cries in front of millions of viewers

An audience of nerds thoughtfully nod as a WWI infantryman chokes on mustard gas to a Skrillex track

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Aisha Tyler towering over a short, meek Frenchman as he prattles on about whatever design-by-committee one-note offering Ubisoft has this year

An indie developer in flannel mumbles inaudibly about his meaningful creation and cries in front of millions of viewers

An audience of nerds thoughtfully nod as a WWI infantryman chokes on mustard gas to a Skrillex track

Its like beatnik poetry

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
she had a cameo as an npc in watch dogs afaik which automatically meant you could run her over with a car

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy gently caress she is a giant of a woman. I think I am in love.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

watch_dogs was really bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJWBp50f8qo
I remember there was a level designer who wrote about how someone was trying to explain to a higher up how the trains were laid out at 90 degree angles and how that wouldn't work and they couldn't understand what he was talking about and explained that they'd worry about it later and whoops the game shipped with goofy trains.

SFM you do a lot of good youtube stuff we should collab someday

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
people were freaking out about how the new mafia game had a black protag too saying things like "black people aint in the mafia"

but like, 1960s killing racist scum bags simulator is going to be loving awesome haha gently caress racists

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 9, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

PBS Newshour posted:

people were freaking out about how the new mafia game had a mafia protag too saying things like "black people aint in the mafia"

but like, 1960s killing racist scum bags simulator is going to be loving awesome haha gently caress racists

I actually think that game will be good as well. god bles.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only thing I like about watch dogs 2 is that it means we'll get a sequel to this video

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestonJew posted:

the only thing I like about watch dogs 2 is that it means we'll get a sequel to this video

This is how I imagine day to day life is in America....you win some, you lose some....eh....

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

>conspiracy theorist
>hentai
>scat fetishist
>writes fanfics

Those arent even murder, just a very late abortion

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Uncle Wemus posted:

>conspiracy theorist
>hentai
>scat fetishist
>writes fanfics

Those arent even murder, just a very late abortion

you forgot Avid videogame player

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

people were freaking out about how the new mafia game had a black protag too saying things like "black people aint in the mafia"

Well mafia 3 talks place in fake New Orleans and I am in real New Orleans and have interacted with upwards of ten black people just today

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

This poo poo is getting worse the more I look at it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Archer666 posted:

lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

you forgot Avid videogame player

Wait a gosh darn second. Videogames are good, fun healthy activity.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mankind will never be free of the scourge that Hackers leashed upon the Earth so many years ago.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Archer666 posted:

Why does that trashcan have wheels? Why are those vehicles in the air? Why are they dressed like idiots? :psyduck:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Why does that trashcan have wheels? Why are those vehicles in the air? Why are they dressed like idiots? :psyduck:

Don't you get it man they're upending THE SYSTEM by hijacking the CORPORATE MEDIA van the 1 PERCENT limo and the FASCIST PIG cop car

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Doesn't explain their attire.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Nothing can explain that.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Archer666 posted:

poo poo like this reminds me of those "TOTALLY GNARLY" teen vids from the 90s made by stuffy baby boomer 40 year old men that had no idea how to reach the younger generation.

Just now it's done by skinny man-bun haired shut ins who only know social interaction from the Star Trek novels they read as a kid.

THEY'RE EXXXXXTRME

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i think that might be a trolley grannys take on buses to carry all their food shopping. but he's spray painted so it's COOL now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
did they hack the cars to get them attached to the cranes

this is real dumb

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Why does that trashcan have wheels?

lmao it's Knightman, the Sacramento Kings robot security guard!

https://twitter.com/Vivek/status/659024773511442433

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CharlestonJew posted:

this is real dumb

Ubisoft's Tagline*

*except for most UbiArt stuff which is actually pretty good

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
VR ??? Must be 50% full of VR. Will the PS4 Neo be needed to power the Sony virtual thing ?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sir_Charles posted:

lmao it's Knightman, the Sacramento Kings robot security guard!

https://twitter.com/Vivek/status/659024773511442433

He better watch out for Dayman.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
that kids guns is a badly compressed JPEG

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Decebal posted:

VR ??? Must be 50% full of VR. Will the PS4 Neo be needed to power the Sony virtual thing ?

Any sane person would say no but this is video games so who knows

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

notZaar posted:

He better watch out for Dayman.

Actually it's Daisman

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I hate vr and i dont know what the ps4 neo is byt im sure its poo poo because ps4 only really has bloodborne going for it

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

I hate vr and i dont know what the ps4 neo is byt im sure its poo poo because ps4 only really has bloodborne going for it

How dare you insult Dark Souls 3 ?!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Archer666 posted:

New skate looking good

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Archer666 posted:

hello fellow hughmons

naem
May 29, 2011

I can't wait for all the hot insider news from this uncaring heartless cynical cash grab industry of time wasters!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

wayne curr posted:

lol Nintendo is releasing a new console in like half a year, but is making zero mention of it during the biggest video game conference of the year.

• Locked thread