Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Last time I was at the gorcery they had 4 half pound rib-eye steaks for 12 dollars and they looked pretty lean and nice so I bought them.

I committed a cardinal sin tonight by over cooking it past medium rare to medium.

I recovered though by slicing it thin diagonally then dipping it into a ketchup and steak juice slurry from the resting plate.

It was good for a 3 dollar steak I must say I am too full I should have cut the fucker in half before cooking it. I got 3, or should I say 6! more chances to cook it proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
That just means you made it taste good

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Wendigee posted:

looked pretty lean

wonder why they were so cheap

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

nah it was over cooked a bit... it wasn't as tender as I prefer round the edges.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Wendigee posted:

I committed a cardinal sin tonight by over cooking it past medium rare to medium.

A good post

Hector Beerlioz posted:

A bad, bad post

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

shoophobo posted:

wonder why they were so cheap

I prefer lean beef so im okay with that. I always cut out the fat if I'm served a steak with a rind or a vein through it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

This but unironically

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I was not being ironic

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

waht kinda fag eats steak that doesnt bleed when u bite into it

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Next time, learn how to reverse sear that cow and never overcook a steak again!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I was not being ironic

Well it actually tastes better medium rare due to the extra juice and it being more tender I'm sorry you don't like near raw beef soaked in ketchup as a meal.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Has to be Heinz though. The only true ketchup.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

neato burrito posted:

Next time, learn how to reverse sear that cow and never overcook a steak again!

i googled it but didn't have a pan that was oven proof so i just cooked it 4 min on each side on a skillet at max temp then let it rest for 3 minutes in a tin foil hood.

Gonna bring that down to 2.5 min on each side with a 4 minute rest and see what happens.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i find that the flavor is best if the meat is still capable of movement

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

i find that the flavor is best if the meat is still capable of movement

i'd eat raw beef in japan but no where else really.

its a thing there so i bet it goes through extra safety inspection

I have had a "blue" steak before were its just hard seared on each side... not really past room temperature in the middle. That is too raw for me.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
oh no you actually cooked your meat and didnt eat it raw like a animal what a travesty

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I like my steak medium, either properly marinated, or with A1, failing that.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

do other people use timers or clocks or something to grill or sear meat? i find its mostly a visual thing - does it look good, does it have a sear, is it wearing intimate undergarments, is it giving me the "eat me eye," and watching for color changes.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I eat steak all the time and usually I make it medium rare but sometimes I mess up and make it medium and if you really care about the difference between these two states you're a bitch baby

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

AugmentedVision posted:

oh no you actually cooked your meat and didnt eat it raw like a animal what a travesty

you cook meat to remove microbes and parasites and make it easier to digest.

a medium rare or even rare steak is perfectly fine due to the lack of parasites. Its pig and chicken you don't want to eat pink, and recently in the US the goverment said it was okay to eat pork medium because the horrible worm parasite trichinosis is not really found here anymore!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my mom read that article and made a medium pork loin and it was the best I've ever had. Tender and juicy and just great. Usually she would cook it to well done and it would get kinda tough and chewy.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Aralan posted:

I eat steak all the time and usually I make it medium rare but sometimes I mess up and make it medium and if you really care about the difference between these two states you're a bitch baby

it was good. I'm not saying it wasn't. What I'm saying is that it would have tasted even better and been more tender medium rare.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Might as well be beef jerky at that point op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Look at this bitch who looks for lean steak.

A real man eats a well-marbled steak with plenty of salty, delicious fat.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i just sit and eat raw steak directly off the table and my balls get huge and thick with pulsing veins and semen flowing through them like a mighty river.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Profondo Rosso posted:

waht kinda fag doesn't just go around biting cows

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i did put on salt and pepper before cooking it in the pan, but that is it!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Look at this bitch who looks for lean steak.

A real man eats a well-marbled steak with plenty of salty, delicious fat.

You paid for fat you could just slap some butter on that steak if you wanted that!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Wendigee posted:

Last time I was at the gorcery they had 4 half pound rib-eye steaks for 12 dollars and they looked pretty lean and nice so I bought them

What? That is the opposite of what is good in a ribeye.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i ate a pound of raw ground beef and my dick is pulsating and turgid with precum dripping out the end. i want to impregnate a woman or women with my meaty seed

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

this guy gets it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a bloo blo0o

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

i was min/maxing my protein and i'm used to sirloin before now and it looked like a really nice sirloin for super cheap, and that's what it tasted like. It would be more tender cooked a bit less.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I eat rare, fatty steak for breakfast lunch and dinner and my heart is so strong I can feel it hammering in my chest like a bass drum.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Confession time... I really don't like beef in any prepared form other than hamburger. It is chewy and not very tasty.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Wendigee posted:

it was good. I'm not saying it wasn't. What I'm saying is that it would have tasted even better and been more tender medium rare.

Aralan posted:

you're a bitch baby

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

noctambulous nebab posted:

Confession time... I really don't like beef in any prepared form other than hamburger. It is chewy and not very tasty.

its not chewy medium rare or rare. Just accept the blessing of hemoglobin and it will be tender as a butterfly wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

noctambulous nebab posted:

congrats on having poo poo meat for literally your entire life

god what a loving awful existence

• Locked thread