Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
'My God': New claims about O.J. Simpson and bloody glove trouble former district attorney

“What we didn’t know until I saw it on this film was that O.J. Simpson was taking arthritic medication for his hands and he was told if you stop taking this arthritic medication, your hands will swell. Your joints will stiffen. My God,” Garcetti told “GMA.”

“Did it tick me off — and I would use a different word? Yes, it did,” Garcetti added. “But I can’t say it’s really crossing the line.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oj-simpson-knife-20160609-snap-story.html

Arthritis medication, or lack of, made the dudes hands swell up. It pays to have good lawyers. If this doesn't convince you he did it, I don't know what to say to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
his son did it

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

who cares

dude will die in prison

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
didn't he write a book entitled "if i did it"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
cause that seems pretty damning

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wow i hope they throw his rear end in jail

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Wait, you mean O.J. Simpson might be guilty after all? Holy poo poo!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
There was plenty of good evidence that could have sent OJ to jail, op.

The problem is that the LAPD couldn't help itself from adding some more for no reason at all.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cnut the Great posted:

Wait, you mean O.J. Simpson might be guilty after all? Holy poo poo!

no his son did it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Remember a few months ago when some rando dude claimed to have found a knife at the brentwood residence right when the FX series was ab to come out?

I assume it was fake or something

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

jBrereton posted:

There was plenty of good evidence that could have sent OJ to jail, op.

The problem is that the LAPD couldn't help itself from adding some more for no reason at all.

HBO or someone needs to do a documentary on the LAPD 1985-1995

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

didn't he write a book entitled "if i did it"

the cover is pretty funny

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Dude, that poo poo is old. It was being discussed when the trial was happening.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
do you think he's still searching for the real killer from whatever shithole prison he is currently rotting away in (somehow not for murdering 2 people but for an entirely separate criminal event)

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Got us back with the Trayvon Martin murder though, didn't you.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Um, it was pretty obvious that Cuba Gooding Jr could get that globe on, OP.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

paul_soccer10 posted:

no his son did it
You'd have to be really dumb to believe that.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
people commit murder every day

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

im ogay

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

greg sexyvibes posted:

Got us back with the Trayvon Martin murder though, didn't you.

Isn't he that black kid that got killed by a Mexican? Once the God Emperor Trump seals our border we can finally protect our upstanding black youths from these kinds of tragedies.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

OJ is in jail? I dunno I was like 10 when that trial was happening, and I haven't watched the FX series yet (it's on the DVR though)

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Whoa so are you saying that OJ is guilty

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

texasmed posted:

people commit murder every day

on my balls.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CloFan posted:

OJ is in jail? I dunno I was like 10 when that trial was happening, and I haven't watched the FX series yet (it's on the DVR though)

He in prison dawg and the FX series is all about his other crimes that he got off scot-free (legally speaking)

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hope his arthritis is better

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The search for the real killers continues

now watch this drive

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Free Nordburg

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Nordberg was such a good guy, it still surprises me that he was capable of holding up a bunch of sports memorabilia sellers. Yeah I knew he was a murderer, but the other stuff is still kind of a shock tbqh

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

thathonkey posted:

He in prison dawg and the FX series is all about his other crimes that he got off scot-free (legally speaking)

Seem fair to me. Why should O.J. be made to suffer a lifetime of punishment for a mere twenty minutes of action?

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
its a setup

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Leon Einstein posted:

You'd have to be really dumb to believe that.

Can you explain because I thought there was some pretty compelling albeit circumstantial evidence w/r/t this?

Maybe I just want it to be true because it instantly makes one of the most pathetic characters in US history into one of the most tragic

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if the glove doesn't fit because of swollen hands, you must arrest him ten years later to made amends

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Either way the prosecution hosed up hardcore putting Mark Fuhrman on the stand because after those tapes came out yeah there's no way a jury is convicting. "But but he assured me he never said the N word!" isn't really doing your due diligence imo.

quote:

'I had 66 allegations of brutality: AEW, under color of authority, assault and battery under color authority. Torture, all kinds of stuff,'

I mean for loving real? You don't even need to know that the tapes exist or to hear them to know that putting that dude on the stand in such a racially charged trial is a huge risk.

I guess it's easy to be a Monday morning QB though.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 9, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
On the FX show the black assistant prosecutor guy zones in on darden being racist in his first interview with him but his boss/love interest convinces him to go with darden dunno how much of that is made for tv drama though

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Somebody call NBC let's get Norm his job back.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
I like how obvious it's just a set up. How the hell does a guy recovering stolen goods from a drug dealing fence get sentenced to 33 years?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mozi posted:

if the glove doesn't fit because of swollen hands, you must arrest him ten years later to made amends

can't slow play the OJ

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

well i guess you can actually

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Myron Baloney posted:

Somebody call NBC let's get Norm his job back.

"Well it's official. Murder is legal in California now..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Whatever happened to that knife that some dipshit detective held onto for all these years and never told anyone about? That was in the news for a while and then everyone just sorta forgot about it.

• Locked thread