Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

HBO or someone needs to do a documentary on the LAPD 1985-1995

This is it right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjrgxb4K0k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The question I've never heard anyone address: did Nicole deserve it?

Aug 4, 2010

oj is innocent

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hi op, haven't we known this for years? I remember talking with my dad about it years ago.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Vastarien posted:

Whatever happened to that knife that some dipshit detective held onto for all these years and never told anyone about? That was in the news for a while and then everyone just sorta forgot about it.

Turns out it wasnt related to the murders at all.

Shocker, I know.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

greg sexyvibes posted:

I like how obvious it's just a set up. How the hell does a guy recovering stolen goods from a drug dealing fence get sentenced to 33 years?

Good.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Ein cooler Typ posted:

quote:

So you gotta look at OJ's situation. He's paying $25,000 a month in alimony, got another man driving around in his car and loving his wife in a house he's still paying the mortgage on. Now I'm not saying he should have killed her... but I understand.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
OJ's trial was the 9/11 of the 90's. And like most prequels, it sucked.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was fourteen years old and it was pretty apparent to me that he did that little thumb cock thing to make the glove not fit, in addition to the arthritis medication poo poo

LOL prosecution hosed up so bad by not knowing that they could have him try the gloves on before closed doors, that was their first fuckin go at it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/umUXVRU_neM

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
what? do you think he just pretended to pull on the glove?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

:agreed:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

You'd have to be really dumb to believe that.

then that is my cross to bear

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

who cares

dude will die in prison

He's eligible for parole next year.

thathonkey posted:

On the FX show the black assistant prosecutor guy zones in on darden being racist in his first interview with him but his boss/love interest convinces him to go with darden dunno how much of that is made for tv drama though

Chris Darden was the black assistant prosecutor. Mark Fuhrman was the racist cop.

The dramatic stuff in the series actually happened. It's underplayed, if anything. Cochran's closing speech is far more powerful than the series suggests by reducing it to the "if the gloves don't fit, you must acquit" soundbite.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 9, 2016

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oj pulped that squeeze

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Vastarien posted:

Whatever happened to that knife that some dipshit detective held onto for all these years and never told anyone about? That was in the news for a while and then everyone just sorta forgot about it.

you mean that knife thing from within the past year or so that made headlines ? fake i think

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Lime Tonics posted:

'My God': New claims about O.J. Simpson and bloody glove trouble former district attorney

“What we didn’t know until I saw it on this film was that O.J. Simpson was taking arthritic medication for his hands and he was told if you stop taking this arthritic medication, your hands will swell. Your joints will stiffen.

This was a rumor reported in 1994. Which is probably why it was in the movie. Whether it actually happened or not, only OJ and his lawyers know. A DA shouldn't get his facts from TV Drama movies.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I did it

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I think it's likely that OJ did it AND the LAPD tried to frame him.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
High profile celeb cases like that never turn out well for the state it seems.

Even casey anthony who wasnt a celeb but became a media spectacle anyway was a clusterfuck of a trial

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yes yw

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

tell me where your av is from.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

vyst posted:

I did it

I drove the bronco

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The Howard Stern fan prank calling the local news station during the chase is still great

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fyodor posted:

tell me where your av is from.

some russian music video the hook is like goodbye america whore

don't remember anything else about it, it was a video someone posted here in the gibbis

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

My Q-Face posted:

This was a rumor reported in 1994. Which is probably why it was in the movie. Whether it actually happened or not, only OJ and his lawyers know. A DA shouldn't get his facts from TV Drama movies.

The glove wouldn't have fitted anyway. The defence attorneys who tried it on had smaller hands than OJ and it didn't fit them.

It might have been a relevant issue if the prosecution had been able to obtain a new pair of the same gloves in the same size, but the ones they obtained were a smaller size than OJ's - which left only the gloves which had been soaked in blood and were no longer in anything approaching the same condition they would have been when the killer put them on the night of the murders.

It was a terrible, terrible error on the part of the prosecution. Them not even knowing OJ was taking anti-inflammatories at the time of the murders but not the time of the trial is just another illustration of their cockiness because even if all those other mis-steps hadn't happened, they needed to have an explanation for the gloves not fitting ready in case the defence got OJ to try on the gloves. Once the defence realised that the gloves wouldn't fit, they would almost certainly done that had the prosecution not beaten them to it.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 10, 2016

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

vyst posted:

I did it

DISTRICT ATTORNEYS??¿???

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this is why every time I murder someone now I purposely leave a too-small glove at the scene to aid in my defense

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I'm Fred Goldman's mustache

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Wait the prosecutors knew that the test glove was a size smaller than the gloves found at the crime scrne ? And let it happen anyway ?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the prosecutors don't get a say over what they "let" the defendant do in his defense

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
one weird trick to convict any criminal:

don't let him say his alibi in court

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah but shouldnt they have like... Pointed out immediately to the jury that the gloves being demonstrated were a size too small? I thought the pros introduced that item and then the defese happened to notice they were too small and ran w it ??

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qRoqmSpOGE

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Duh...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jBrereton posted:

There was plenty of good evidence that could have sent OJ to jail, op.

The problem is that the LAPD couldn't help itself from adding some more for no reason at all.

Also, laughably incompetent prosecutors.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
One aspect that always really confused me was that the prosecution seemed to totally forget about the whole part where when the police told OJ surrender he immediately left what sounded like a suicide note and fled on a big long car chase. I mean this was a guy who could afford the some of the best lawyers in the country and he just immediately assumes his life is over when he's charged with murders he didn't commit ? That just doesn't sound like how an innocent person would behave, but I never remember it ever being brought up during the actual trial.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I dunno but can somebody post the marsha nudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

One aspect that always really confused me was that the prosecution seemed to totally forget about the whole part where when the police told OJ surrender he immediately left what sounded like a suicide note and fled on a big long car chase. I mean this was a guy who could afford the some of the best lawyers in the country and he just immediately assumes his life is over when he's charged with murders he didn't commit ? That just doesn't sound like how an innocent person would behave, but I never remember it ever being brought up during the actual trial.

it's not admissible as evidence

you could also say why didn't he take the stand if he's innocent? invoking the 5th amendment isn't the act of an innocent person

• Locked thread