Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CentOS is free redhat so get that m'lord

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

loving hipsters and their Linux.

Real men use UNIX.

HPUX

AIX

You don't really need a backspace key right? :grin:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

paul_soccer10 posted:

if youre a webserver hahaha rack them

i do get it, pretty good

but seriosly redhat/centos has everything you might ever need and should have most of the latest drivers available or even in box as its actively being updated. Just don't try to play video games on it there no way it supports your video card.

I don't know what Debian is for but it ain't enterprise class business because a customer has never requested it.

in before someone says freeBSD

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 9, 2016

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Novo posted:

enterprise means "for the clueless" how have you not figured this out yet

enterprise means for companies that need reliable operating systems and are willing to pay for support actually and you can nix the second half by using CentOS.

if you are seriously using linux for your desktop or laptop... i dunno whats wrong with you but anything is fine, just use ubuntu its easy to install and runs, just don't plan to play video games or use a weird network card.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I try to say H-pux "aich pucks" at work to grind peoples gears and hilariously others have started calling it H-pux instead of HP UX ( aich pee you ex) and this amuses me greatly.

Also there is this dude at work that pronounces Chassis as Chass-sis instead of Chass-sea and that amuses me to no end as well.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm a simple man with a simple mans pleasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

did CentOS used to be (heh) Fedora or are they seperate leaches on the Redhat Enterprise distro?

• Locked thread