Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Wii U Kirby game is full of bad drawings, it's great:

I love this and I choose to believe that the artist never heard of Kirby and drew the characters from descriptions.

This is from Rainbow Curse right? How good and fun is that one to actually play? The music alone seems to justify its existence though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reminder, if you aren't reading the pause screen flavor text, you're playing the game wrong.

Especially the huge twist they throw at you starting with Susie 2.0's.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blackheart posted:

I love this and I choose to believe that the artist never heard of Kirby and drew the characters from descriptions.

This is from Rainbow Curse right? How good and fun is that one to actually play? The music alone seems to justify its existence though.

Rainbow Curse is super divisive. I absolutely loved it and still pop it in time to time just to mess around with but I know some people absolutely hate it because no powers and forced gamepad use. It's also really short.

If you liked Canvas Curse enough go for it.

SilverSupernova posted:

Reminder, if you aren't reading the pause screen flavor text, you're playing the game wrong.

Especially the huge twist they throw at you starting with Susie 2.0's.

I think the twists start at Doomers 2.0 to be honest, or rather start raising questions if you're into that sort of thing

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Interesting little detail in one of the final boss fights. Those Susie bots Haltmann summons don't look quite like the Susie we see throughout the game. And note the angel wings.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hi. i beat true arena and i'm still at 98% and missing a cutscene. what am i forgetting

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

sharrrk posted:

hi. i beat true arena and i'm still at 98% and missing a cutscene. what am i forgetting

Did you complete the sub games? And did you also get every single sticker?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

sharrrk posted:

There's always a thank-you cutscene for getting 100%

Robobot's is worth getting :3:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh what i have to get every sticker. god fricking sghkajg

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
This lore talk has made me realize that I need some kind of summary for what's been going on in these games. Robobot is the first Kirby game I've played since 64 and Amazing Mirror so I feel like I'm missing a ridiculous amount of nods and references to other games.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eopia posted:

This lore talk has made me realize that I need some kind of summary for what's been going on in these games. Robobot is the first Kirby game I've played since 64 and Amazing Mirror so I feel like I'm missing a ridiculous amount of nods and references to other games.

Well in one game...Kirby gets turned into yarn and its adorable.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Eopia posted:

The stickers and even some bosses are huge references.

exploding mummy posted:

Well in one game...Kirby gets turned into yarn and its adorable.

In a somewhat less adorable adventure, he was inexplicably clay and decided to just roll around as ball through the whole game for no particular reason.

Are we at the point for posting music? If so, I gotta give Robobot Rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCX4lrXzMg

Also, Haltmann Works Elite Management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4op6S2MHHo

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 23, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Actually pretty much every boss in this game is a reference to the series' past with the exception of Susie and Haltmann.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Eopia posted:

Here's a thing I typed earlier in the thread if you want

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Larryb posted:

Actually pretty much every boss in this game is a reference to the series' past with the exception of Susie and Haltmann.

I'm still waiting for my Lololo and Lalala callbacks. And Spring Breeze doesn't count.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

exploding mummy posted:

I'm still waiting for my Lololo and Lalala callbacks. And Spring Breeze doesn't count.

They've been in a bunch of minigames, does that count?

If they did come back for a game, how do you make their pushing blocks on different levels gimmick at all interesting?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Go all out with it, like they're playing Tetris and trying to crush you.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Geostomp posted:

In a somewhat less adorable adventure, he was inexplicably clay and decided to just roll around as ball through the whole game for no particular reason.

Are we at the point for posting music? If so, I gotta give Robobot Rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCX4lrXzMg

Also, Haltmann Works Elite Management https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4op6S2MHHo

I still can't get over the fact that they finally remixed the boss theme from 64. The musical nods this game throws at the player have me squealing like a small child. Especially the True Final Boss battle.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'd really like a comprehensive list of which musical tracks are remixes and of what. I didn't realize there was a Kirby 64 boss theme in there. The factory music I recognize of course though, since it's in every game nowadays.

Really I just want a complete soundtrack of the game. All the ones I can find on Youtube are incomplete or badly labeled or in random order.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Alxprit posted:

I'd really like a comprehensive list of which musical tracks are remixes and of what. I didn't realize there was a Kirby 64 boss theme in there. The factory music I recognize of course though, since it's in every game nowadays.

Really I just want a complete soundtrack of the game. All the ones I can find on Youtube are incomplete or badly labeled or in random order.

The 64 boss theme (plus the Dark Star theme from the same game) show up in that 3D sub game.
I know there's also remixes of Dark Palace (DL2) Power-Ups/Kabula (DL1), Nutty Noon (Return) and a lot more.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Justin_Brett posted:

Go all out with it, like they're playing Tetris and trying to crush you.

They should play Eggerland.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just beat Meta Knightmare Returns. That was quite a fun final boss rush.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Huh? This is the first result for me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
This is a full playlist (including songs reused without alterations), in the order they appear in the game, and correctly labeled for 95% of the songs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Every Kirby game has like 6-7 new songs not counting the boss music and the rest is usually Butter Building, Halberd, Dedede's Theme, Green Greens and lately Factory Inspection aka the best song.

Credit goes out to Robobot for the new Dedede theme that's Revenge of Meta Knight/Dedede's Theme/Revenge of the King's songs all mixed into one. I seriously wouldn't mind if it was his new theme in future games. It's so good.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 23, 2016

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Amppelix posted:

Huh? This is the first result for me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiGvWycRgz6gRBOA_epJJg-hGgwN0oXDz
This is a full playlist (including songs reused without alterations), in the order they appear in the game, and correctly labeled for 95% of the songs.

I'd really like versions that aren't 30 minutes long as well. Guess I'm just picky.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I haven't played triple deluxe, is this game worth getting over that one?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Constr posted:

Both are worth getting, but yes Robobot outdid Triple Deluxe.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Super Star should be required play for everyone.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Constr posted:

Robobot is a clear improvement over Triple Deluxe if only because it's mech gimmick is much more fun than Hypernova.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It is, but I still liked the supernova segments a lot. The puzzles were fun and it's very satisfying to eat those giant eels, whispy woods or a boss' health bar.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Geostomp posted:

They've been in a bunch of minigames, does that count?

If they did come back for a game, how do you make their pushing blocks on different levels gimmick at all interesting?

I'm sure they could solve this problem by first making a new Lolo game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Question: where's the best stage to farm for the last 15 blue stickers I need?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Senerio posted:

Question: where's the best stage to farm for the last 15 blue stickers I need?

1-4 if you have the Kirby series Kirby amiibo to get the UFO ability. It's still a good place to farm for stickers even if you don't have access to UFO, but getting through the stage will take longer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is it me or does the final boss theme have a sound sample of Haltmann screaming in it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Is it me or does the final boss theme have a sound sample of Haltmann screaming in it?

The True Arena final boss? Because that's not in the song. It's what you hear every time you destroy a pillar.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

there we go. 100% completion. now i can go back to sleep until the next kirby game comes out

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That too, but I mean, in P-R-O-G-R-A-M which is also the Star Dream Soul OS' theme when you finally fight the heart. You can hear it after the part that has bits of "Heart of Nova" -around 1:45 here.

It could also just be a machine sound and I mixed it with what you mentioned.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blackheart posted:

That too, but I mean, in P-R-O-G-R-A-M which is also the Star Dream Soul OS' theme when you finally fight the heart. You can hear it after the part that has bits of "Heart of Nova" -around 1:45 here.

It could also just be a machine sound and I mixed it with what you mentioned.

Pause after you break all the pillars. It changes and tells you that you just killed Haltmann entirely.

Also True Arena spoilers but have some HD pictures Spoilers

E: I'm not hearing it in the song you posted.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Those of you you played the last EX stage (6-8?) probably appreciated the 8-bit pixel mural of Kirby and Meta-Knight. But I discovered that it's also a callback since, as in previous games, the moon is a secret doorway. Probably my favorite little detail in the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maleketh posted:

Those of you you played the last EX stage (6-8?) probably appreciated the 8-bit pixel mural of Kirby and Meta-Knight. But I discovered that it's also a callback since, as in previous games, the moon is a secret doorway. Probably my favorite little detail in the game.

That's not the only time that callback is used in Robobot! Triple Deluxe also has 2 moons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0Z_alPkFQ

One last thing to do for 100%!

• Locked thread