Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
HULKSTER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lizardman posted:

I'm sympathetic to Hogan's case but I am wondering what made this different from other celebrity sex tape leaks exactly?
gawker hosted this on their own website and refused to take it down after hulk hogan requested it

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im going to purchase nathan grayson and encase him in plastic so his tears remain in mint condition

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
On one hand. Gawker sucks, and no one should have their pic leake. So certainly Hulk has a right to body slam Denton and put him in a chuckhold.. On the other hand the funder of the lawsuit, Peter Thiel funds the alt right. As you all know Alt righties really just need to be gulaged.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Crowsbeak posted:

On one hand. Gawker sucks, and no one should have their pic leake. So certainly Hulk has a right to body slam Denton and put him in a chuckhold.. On the other hand the funder of the lawsuit, Peter Thiel funds the alt right. As you all know Alt righties really just need to be gulaged.

lets all cry about Stalin smashing the Eastern Front

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

!!!!HELL YEAH BROTHER!!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Yet another company bankrupted by Hulk Hogan.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

lizardman posted:

I'm sympathetic to Hogan's case but I am wondering what made this different from other celebrity sex tape leaks exactly?

That it was leaked by a media organization first, rather than to the public first before being brought to attention by the media. That it was given to gawker by someone who admitted on tape they were thinking about using the tape to blackmail hogan. That the writing accompanying the video, further gawker articles, and years worth of tweets by gawker employees provide evidence that they leaked it for the specific purpose of mocking him. That gawker contributers ongoing jokes and coverage made them more directly involved in it damaging his reputation than any news organization has been for any other celebrity sex tape leak in history. That their response to a judge's order to remove the video was to refuse and draw further attention to the video.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im going to set a cheeto-trap for mike fahey and remand him to the tender justice of a mob of japanese parents

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im very glad hulk hogan got paid 100 million dollars for having sex and i definitely wouldnt kill him and his entire family for that kind of money just saying gawker

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

paul_soccer10 posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Retail Slave posted:

Yet another company bankrupted by Hulk Hogan.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

im very glad hulk hogan got paid 100 million dollars for having sex and i definitely wouldnt kill him and his entire family for that kind of money just saying gawker

They're only interested if you film it.

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't mind the result but am bothered by the process

Yeah, i feel like I'm being torn apart like one of Hulk's precut shirts

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I didn't watch the tape. Was it entertaining?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

LegoPirateNinja posted:

lets all cry about Stalin smashing the Eastern Front

I celebrate Stalin every day.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Crowsbeak posted:

I kinda agree really.

There's potentially chilling effects to this but it's kinda unclear to me at least (I'm not a lawyer!!) if what Gawker did regarding the sex tape or outing Thiel was really "in the public interest" so to speak

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

Aside from the racism, Alt-Right really alt-ROCKS!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

what interest did peter thiel have in this case other than the fact that he is a thin skinned little baby

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Maoist Pussy posted:

That guy brings up 'alt-right' in everything thread. I'm worried about him.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

So how often do you jerk it to anime every day?

Fabricated posted:

I kinda agree really.

There's potentially chilling effects to this but it's kinda unclear to me at least (I'm not a lawyer!!) if what Gawker did regarding the sex tape or outing Thiel was really "in the public interest" so to speak
Hogan had no right to have his privacy violated, so Denton deserves to be ruined., While the reason Thiel sued Gawker was because they kept printing poo poo about how the so called Libertarian was doing business with the NSA. In all seriousness the guy issomeone who read Crime and Punishment and thought that Pyotor Petrovich Luzhin was someone to emulate.

Immortan posted:

That guy brings up 'alt-right' in everything thread. I'm worried about him.

I just don't think you like getting triggered.

Y-Hat posted:

what interest did peter thiel have in this case other than the fact that he is a thin skinned little baby

He is a thin skinned little baby. Really he is alot like the posters who celebrate his politics, they love to dish it but they can't ever take it.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 10, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

While the reason Thiel sued Gawker was because they kept printing poo poo about how the so called Libertarian was doing business with the NSA.
lol so they were actually doing something right for once. gg thiel

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

So how often do you jerk it to anime every day?

Almost never. Dark brown ladies are my thing and anime is poor at that.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

I just don't think you like getting triggered.

The best way to beat them is to ignore them

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Immortan posted:

The best way to beat them is to ignore them

Yet you never ignore me.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Almost never. Dark brown ladies are my thing and anime is poor at that.

Hey then why do you associate with the alt right? They love their waifus.

Y-Hat posted:

lol so they were actually doing something right for once. gg thiel

Thiel probably in the long run has done the opposite to what he intended, enough mediaorgs think his helping out the Hulkster was appalling so now he is going to have a dozen media orgs breathing down his neck. Even the artificial island he's building won't prevent them from getting to him.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 10, 2016

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

Yet you never ignore me.

You keep talking to me unprovoked.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Immortan posted:

You keep talking to me unprovoked.

Oh lol I can see you keep getting triggered. Sure you are not a frustrated tumblerina?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

Yet you never ignore me.

Hey then why do you associate with the alt right? They love their waifus.

I don't associate with the alt-right. They are racist nerdlingers. But - they have some good ideas, such as that liberals are degenerate twats who need a good dose of fascism!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh lol I can see you keep getting triggered.

You already derailed another thread, dummy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer10 posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Media politics are pretty crazy but have y'all heard of FORUM POLITICS

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

I don't associate with the alt-right. They are racist nerdlingers. But - they have some good ideas, such as that liberals are degenerate twats who need a good dose of fascism!

Yeah but their just as crazy as any tumblerina or liberal whining about bathrooms and not being called zey.

Immortan posted:

You already derailed another thread, dummy.

Ah your tears are really nutritious.

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Life Hack: Bankrupt Companies with this ONE WEIRD trick!

Yeah that has to be the dumbest use of the word hack ever. Its nearly as bad as Niall Ferguson using "killer apps". Really any inappropriate use of tech jargon should get you sent to a year in a gulag for misusing language in such a ludicrous way.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 10, 2016

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Life Hack: Bankrupt Companies with this ONE WEIRD trick!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
u idiots shut up and SMASH EM HULKSTER

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah but their just as crazy as any tumblerina or liberal whining about bathrooms and not being called zey.

True. But they have some good ideas!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

Ah your tears are really nutritious.

I can't compete with yours over Gawker's, sorry. :(

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

You both suck so bad that I'm annoyed you have opposing political views because it makes it difficult for me to adopt the opposite position out of spite.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Moon Atari posted:

You both suck so bad that I'm annoyed you have opposing political views because it makes it difficult for me to adopt the opposite position out of spite.

This is, like, half a victory.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

-overheard at ur funeral lol

Harsh but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup