Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Huff Po next.

i hope so brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
an unexpectedly cool end to a fun shitshow

thanks for the news OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
My penis hurts from all this semen I shot out of it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Spiderjelly posted:

Did you miss the part where gawker declared bankruptcy? He ain't getting poo poo.

quote:

In response, Gawker filed for Chapter 11, triggering a bankruptcy auction. POLITICO has learned that Ziff Davis, the owner of PC Mag, has agreed to an opening bid in the $90 million to $100 million range and other bids are expected.

Though it's filing for bankruptcy, Gawker has no plans to cease its operations. The company will continue to operate as normal while the bankruptcy process proceeds and it appeals the Hogan judgment.

The money for the sale will be put in escrow while Gawker appeals the Hogan case. If the $140.1 million judgment is upheld on appeal, then the money held in escrow will go to Hogan. If the judgment is overturned on appeal, then the money held in escrow will be returned to Denton and the company's other shareholders.

SMASH EM HULKSTER

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

SMASH EM HULKSTER

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Best heel face turn ever

SMASH EM HULKSTER

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

smash em, hulkster

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

billionaires can secretly shut down entire publications out of spite, but what really matters is that some dumb gossip website is maybe going out of business

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Wall Balls posted:

billionaires can secretly shut down entire publications out of spite, but what really matters is that some dumb gossip website is maybe going out of business

It's not a secret. A bad person broke the law by invading the privacy of another bad person and a third bad person used the opportunity to get back at the first. Everything is fine

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Can someone do a photoshop of those Hulk Hogan 9/11 pics but with the Gawker offices instead? That'd make my day.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009
Whatchagonnado when Hulkamania sues you?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Here's a salty-sweet :qq: crybaby article :qq: from New Republic

Peter Thiel’s Revenge Against Gawker Is Neither Justice Nor Philanthropy

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

paul_soccer10 posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Everybody will just work at a different site.

Except the Hulkster, who dropped too many n-bombs but didn't have the courage to go all out and get a job at Takimag.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Eh, I'm not sure anything can beat Peter Bright on Ars Technica wading into the comments of the article when the initial verdict came down to say well actually, Gawker did nothing wrong because Bulk Hogan having sex is in fact something the public has the right to know about.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Axel Serenity posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
aha awesome eat poo poo gawker

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't mind the result but am bothered by the process
agreed, i hope Peter Thiel declares bankruptcy next. at least Hulk Hogan had a good legal reason to sue the poo poo out of Gawker, Thiel is just a whiny baby who wants to be worshiped as a god

at the same time, i'm still glad Gawker's gone, because their list of idiotic and awful deeds is very long

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Disagreeing with or attacking Gawker makes you a racist, sexist piece of poo poo. Hope you all loving die, shitlords.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Gawker reaped what it sowed

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ahaha

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Wall Balls posted:

You've rightfully recognized the inequality here but have taken it to the wrong conclusion: the problem isn't that billionaires can shut down entire dumb gossip publications out of spite (and violating people's rights, etc.), it's that only billionaires can shut down entire dumb gossip publications out of spite (and violating people's rights, etc.).

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Hulkamaniacs are keeping an eye out for you brotherrr

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

paul_soccer10 posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

Ape Fist posted:

Disagreeing with or attacking Gawker makes you a racist, sexist piece of poo poo. Hope you all loving die, shitlords.

I promise you I am, and I will.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
SMASH EM HULKSTER

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

And nothing of value was lost

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

And nothing of value was lost

-overheard at ur funeral lol

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash 'em HULKSTER

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
jesus christ, denton

Moltke
May 13, 2009
gonna take a celebratory poo poo and piss

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
SMASH

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cthulu Carl posted:

Eh, I'm not sure anything can beat Peter Bright on Ars Technica wading into the comments of the article when the initial verdict came down to say well actually, Gawker did nothing wrong because Bulk Hogan having sex is in fact something the public has the right to know about.

I'm sympathetic to Hogan's case but I am wondering what made this different from other celebrity sex tape leaks exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
EM

• Locked thread