Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Any of y'all seen the statements from other media magnates taking about how this is a danger to free speech? Lol just lol dude yeah I'm sure you're just having a lapse of logic and forgetting that free speech doesn't protect invasion of privacy and you're not at all just worried about your own investments in gossip rags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

paul_soccer10 posted:

SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Hulk wins!

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Wall Balls posted:

billionaires can secretly shut down entire publications out of spite, but what really matters is that some dumb gossip website is maybe going out of business

It's not a secret. A bad person broke the law by invading the privacy of another bad person and a third bad person used the opportunity to get back at the first. Everything is fine

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Media politics are pretty crazy but have y'all heard of FORUM POLITICS

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't think of anything of substance that Gawker Media has ever done. The only thing that comes to mind is when someone doxxed the reddit mod that was running all the pedophile subreddits.

Although I guess that instance drove me to join SA so yknow one step forward two steps back.

Your favorite subreddit got closed so you came to SA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sad thing is thats probaly the sanest article i read about GG/all that poo poo. eitherway, internet "journalism"/writing in general is poo poo.

You've read multiple article s about gamergate :lol:

• Locked thread