Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
this is a future fight free zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Aphrodite posted:

It is positively mental how ill you are.

:downsrim:

EDIT: to keep from getting probed for an "emoticon only reply", how hard is the cow level? I picked up a portal in one of the freebie chests, but it said 'lvl 60 party recommended'. Could Summoner Doom solo it?

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 14, 2016

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Gynovore posted:

:downsrim:

EDIT: to keep from getting probed for an "emoticon only reply", how hard is the cow level? I picked up a portal in one of the freebie chests, but it said 'lvl 60 party recommended'. Could Summoner Doom solo it?

yes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

ICR why are you bothering with Marble Gyros when you can now literally play a Sun God in Future Fight?

Have you looked into the sky yet?

Maybe seen the Sun and it looks a little different?

Like maybe it's not a circled anymore ?

Maybe looks more like...

Police sketch of SUN GOD AVATAR taken June 14, 2016

Let's just say that isn't a rectangle at all.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

what

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Looks like a Wawa sign to me.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Welp, thread has already peaked and its only 7 pages in.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the rectangle is his boner

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Very cool if you axe me

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Wait, who did they introduce in Future Fight? I'm doing my 15 days of leave.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

rizzen posted:

Wait, who did they introduce in Future Fight? I'm doing my 15 days of leave.

One of marvels superman.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They literally introduced SUN GOD.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Yo, haven't played in months, didn't read thread. Has Taskmaster gotten a rework recently?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please keep the humor to a minimum Nechronic. We are a serious thread now.

Of course he hasn't.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Nechronic posted:

Yo, haven't played in months, didn't read thread. Has Taskmaster gotten a rework recently?

No, Tasky's kit hasn't changed recently (not since they buffed his sig so it actually follows you around and breaks the attack speed cap). There are a bunch of new gearing options that let him be very competitive though, can do all content pretty well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There is no chance of Taskmaster being reworked.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
A few things that I found helpful after returning to MH after ICR's coaxing:

- This utility helps tons with keybindings and such.
- Lock on target is your friend. It can help keep your damage on the same target easily. Personally, I bind mine to spacebar.
- hit Tab to make the map overlay fill your screen instead of the little box in the upper right. It helps navigation immensely.
- Accept party invites. There's really no reason not to, and you can r-click a teammate's portrait to teleport to them without having to spam travel powers.
- If ICR asks you to find him a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just do it.
- Ask dumb questions in chat.
- The build spreadsheet in the OP is your friend.
- Vision is boring as gently caress to play.
- Polegrinder is a bad person for hating on Deadpool

Corzen fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 14, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Correct, when I say jump, you jump to your impending doom.

Thank you for the hot key editor post. I need to add that to the OP. Got your message too and I'll add ya to the Autists League.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Local Racon fanatic Prinn has put up a 3:52 with the goddamn explosive racon spec

http://marvelheroes.info/build/44030/

quote:

This build will not work without the Rocket Symbiote costume. It's impossible. You will find that your happiness is decreased by around 172.69% with just a normal Rocket Raccoon costume. Even with theincreasing your happiness by 70%, your levels will still be 102.69% lower than someone wearing. Get it asap!

also please invite him the sg lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mover posted:

Local Racon fanatic Prinn has put up a 3:52 with the goddamn explosive racon spec

http://marvelheroes.info/build/44030/

also please invite him the sg lol

Lol nice unique selection.

Yeah he is all in on Racon. His love doesn't quite rival Leo's but it's up there. Pretty sure he is an exclusive racon player too. Nice guy at least.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Police sketch of SUN GOD AVATAR taken June 14, 2016

Let's just say that isn't a rectangle at all.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welcome to Marigold Hypothesis 2725

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Welcome to Marigold Hypothesis 2725

What can I say, your blue rectangle speaks to me

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Corzen posted:

- Lock on target is your friend. It can help keep your damage on the same target easily. Personally, I bind mine to spacebar.
- hit Tab to make the map overlay fill your screen instead of the little box in the upper right. It helps navigation immensely.
- Accept party invites. There's really no reason not to, and you can r-click a teammate's portrait to teleport to them without having to spam travel powers.
- If ICR asks you to find him a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just do it.
- Ask dumb questions in chat.
- The build spreadsheet in the OP is your friend.
- Vision is boring as gently caress to play.
- Polegrinder is a bad person for hating on Deadpool

List checks out. Also Taskmaster owns.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How fast can racon eat trash? We need serious TTE testing here.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Corzen posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know about this

So it stops the loving stutter which seems to have been recently introduced?

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know about this

So it stops the loving stutter which seems to have been recently introduced?

It definitely seems to help some users. I never really had any stutter, but a lot of the o-forum users have said it's helped quite a bit in reducing or eliminating the stutter.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Nechronic posted:

lol

no

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
Next time you accuse Gaz of copy and pasta hero design, remember the words of Chufmoney

quote:

Actually, there is quite a bit of new tech going into Ultron. Most of it you will hopefully never know, but it's still important for his functionality. But I would like to discourage the mindset of "this character seems like this one, must be so easy!" Because it's not and unless you're sitting with us making it you actually don't have a full enough grasp of the work involved to make that sort of statement. Almost 60 heroes are in this game, and each of them tries to bring something new to the table. Even when they have similarities, the amount of work that goes into each is substantial, and not something players can so easily distill down to their ES worth.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Putting another bar above the experience bar and making new conditions on which it fills and depletes is not new tech.

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

Putting another bar above the experience bar and making new conditions on which it fills and depletes is not new tech.

That "another bar" doesn't work for me for some reason - stays empty and hollow, like this game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Things not working are what we call "features" not bugs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

HoldMyOwn posted:

Next time you accuse Gaz of copy and pasta hero design, remember the words of Chufmoney

His name is now Chufmonkey. KingBacon and AlexWilliams called him that on the Anniversary stream, and we must make it stick.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

now I hope ultron has a 9 lives mechanic where when he "dies" he explodes for lots of damage and new body flies down

let's work this thing into as many skills as possible

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Just because a skill looks and functions exactly like another skill doesn't mean that they didn't completely code it from scratch. They are professional game developers and they take their jobs seriously.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The code for every ability comes into being ex nihilo and bereft of prior context, like the Prime Mover or the damage/cost numbers attached to that ability.

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
Where should I be cosmicing right now, and should I just be doing LQs? Really want to get Jean to pissmans 60, she is at 31. Then I'll never cosmic again.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Therapist posted:

Then I'll never cosmic again.

Recommend skipping right to this step

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I hope there is an original Jeff Bridges costume for tron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

punchymcpunch posted:

So I looked back at the footprints in the sand, and said "Why, Ryolnir! Why did you abandon me when I needed you!"
Ryolnir just smiled kindly and said "Because I was sick that day."

:eyepop:

• Locked thread