Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
I get paid 5 dollaros an hour for welding together loving stairs and handrails. If you like inhaling metal dust and loving up your eyes its a doozie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I get to clean blood and bone out of surgical reamers

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

RocketSurgeon posted:

I get paid 5 dollaros an hour for welding together loving stairs and handrails. If you like inhaling metal dust and loving up your eyes its a doozie!

How do i get in on this, danggg!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I drive about 50 miles south of town in a truck that would be illegally overweight on your pussy American roads. I load up 30,000 litres (30 cubic metres) of poison water that was pumped out of the ground, drive 1/2 hour back towards town, and pump it back down into the ground. The ol' Tennessee Switcheroo.

I do this 3 or 4 times a day, and get paid around $22 per cube.

Sometimes the poison water will offer a valuable surprise, Petroleum Condensate. I get $66 per cube for that stuff. Also sometimes I stop at the store for some locally made peppered jerky.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

jonathan posted:

I drive about 50 miles south of town in a truck that would be illegally overweight on your pussy American roads. I load up 30,000 litres (30 cubic metres) of poison water that was pumped out of the ground, drive 1/2 hour back towards town, and pump it back down into the ground. The ol' Tennessee Switcheroo.

I do this 3 or 4 times a day, and get paid around $22 per cube.

Sometimes the poison water will offer a valuable surprise, Petroleum Condensate. I get $66 per cube for that stuff. Also sometimes I stop at the store for some locally made peppered jerky.

Good job, Jonathan.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Minimalist Program posted:

Good job, Jonathan.

Thanks! It's not without its downsides though. I currently work 14 days straight and then take a day off. Also operating costs are high. Fuel is about $350 per day. And the equipment financing is equivalent to a mortgage that you're paying off in 5 years.

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How do i get in on this, danggg!

Perks of the job include being drunk (ntot blackout! because thats unsafe) aaaand thats about it.
Ill sign you up, good buddy.
You need to bring your own alcohol, though.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
My job at the dick sucking factory? Why yes. It does.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

I make 16 an hour stocking Doritos, and when we have company meetings I get free bags of chips and Mountain Dew. It's the ultimate goon job.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

iroguebot posted:

I make 16 an hour stocking Doritos, and when we have company meetings I get free bags of chips and Mountain Dew. It's the ultimate goon job.

Quality av/post combo.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
My job owns me :c00lbert:

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Work:Effort ratio is pretty good so I can't complain. Bathroom wifi could be better. :shrug:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

yes, OP, my job fuckin owns.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I get paid pretty good money to do a sort of creative job. Most of the time I work from home, so condense my workday into two hours. Apparently I might get promoted soon because of my hard work, lol. I think my job just looks much harder than it actually is.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
It depends. Some days we are doing things like making raw iron by setting off a big pot of thermite, or designing a catapult to throw bowling balls. Other days I have difficulty getting the kids to get out a pencil and write stuff down without moaning like I told them they have to crawl 500 miles on their hands and knees.

Next year, I get to teach a full load of GATE students, so things should be more interesting.

Also, my job owns because I have the next 60 days off. Granted, there will be no paychecks during this time, but I do have the time off.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i get twenny an hour to play it cool andmake everyone else look like try hards. its alright.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

thathonkey posted:

My job owns me :c00lbert:

Whoa! rly makes u think

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Heath posted:

I get to clean blood and bone out of surgical reamers

i was you once. my prayers are with you.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

genesplicer posted:

It depends. Some days we are doing things like making raw iron by setting off a big pot of thermite, or designing a catapult to throw bowling balls. Other days I have difficulty getting the kids to get out a pencil and write stuff down without moaning like I told them they have to crawl 500 miles on their hands and knees.

Next year, I get to teach a full load of GATE students, so things should be more interesting.

Also, my job owns because I have the next 60 days off. Granted, there will be no paychecks during this time, but I do have the time off.

what's GATE?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Gifted And Talented Education. Technically, this is the "Smart Class". Not always the case, but generally, these are the kids who will be happy to do things like read and write without too much fuss. Also, they tend to enjoy science, and put more into it. Last year I had a majority of remedial students, kids who did not want to be in school in any way, and didn't give a poo poo about anything. Made things a bit more challenging.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm a sperm donor.

All your moms are my best customers.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

MiracleWhale posted:

Sid I just want you to know that you are good and cool

i appreciate that and love you

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

genesplicer posted:

Gifted And Talented Education. Technically, this is the "Smart Class". Not always the case, but generally, these are the kids who will be happy to do things like read and write without too much fuss. Also, they tend to enjoy science, and put more into it. Last year I had a majority of remedial students, kids who did not want to be in school in any way, and didn't give a poo poo about anything. Made things a bit more challenging.

genesplicer is my fave mod and my fave goon.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

I teach children and the children are the future so my job is the future.

If you work really hard at being a teacher it sucks because the pay is lousy for the effort. If you don't work very hard at it then its great because you're just as good a teacher but the hours are fantastic. In at 9 out at 3:30 every day. 6 weeks off at summer, boi.

Last week I sent most of the week getting the smarts to teach the dumbs. Good job.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

genesplicer posted:

Is it like AP where you take a test for college credit?

My mom taught high school algrebra, but only had one advanced class her final year before retirement. Needless to say, she did not enjoy going into work. Had the highest standardized test passing rate out of all the other algebra teachers, don't know how she did it.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I don't hate every second of it. In job terms that's above average I think

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Is it like AP where you take a test for college credit?

My mom taught high school algrebra, but only had one advanced class her final year before retirement. Needless to say, she did not enjoy going into work. Had the highest standardized test passing rate out of all the other algebra teachers, don't know how she did it.

AP is high school. GATE is elementary/middle school. Most GATE students go into the AP or IB programs once they get to high school.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i havent worked a day in my life.

i fell sorry for all of you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

genesplicer posted:

AP is high school. GATE is elementary/middle school. Most GATE students go into the AP or IB programs once they get to high school.

Oh, not surprised I've never heard of GATE then :downs:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Confounding Factor posted:

I like to work ... :D

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Confounding Factor posted:

everyone works, even if it's just for those good boy points

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Berious posted:

everyone works, even if it's just for those good boy points

My bad boy image will never recover.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I used to work in academia and it was dumb and stressful and under-appreciated retarded work where you were always chasing the approval of an ever-diminishing group of "better" academics to have them say your work was good enough. Like at the end of it there were like 10-20 dudes and dudettes on a world-wide basis better in my particular retard nerd field than myself and my entire job was basically trying to please those 20 people by working 60 hours a week in order to produce research for them to review and reject.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I like to work ... :D

moron

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Shut up... Hector.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

I used to work in academia and it was dumb and stressful and under-appreciated retarded work where you were always chasing the approval of an ever-diminishing group of "better" academics to have them say your work was good enough. Like at the end of it there were like 10-20 dudes and dudettes on a world-wide basis better in my particular retard nerd field than myself and my entire job was basically trying to please those 20 people by working 60 hours a week in order to produce research for them to review and reject.

I would think the urge to murder your way to the top would be super intense.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Shut up... Hector.

god dang, your av wins me over to your side every time

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

same.

it took me to northern italy where i lived for 3.5 years. i had paid "business" trips to such exotic locales as brussels and luxembourg (lol). some days consisted of sitting in the on-site cafe with my laptop and drinking massive amounts of espresso. i came into work at 9, left whenever i wanted to. also, met the love of my life there.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

today I made 200 lbs of pizza dough and it was a pretty good day I was super fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

today I made 200 lbs of pizza dough and it was a pretty good day I was super fast

Did you put all the dough into one big 200 lb pizza or did you make many smaller pizzas?

• Locked thread