Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

E3 DAY ZERO SCHEDULE:

EA @ EA Play 2016 (1 PM PT/4 PM ET)
Publisher livestream: http://www.ea.com/play2016

EA is not even at E3 proper this year, opting for a separate venue, perhaps because EA has fewer titles slated for 2016 than Nintendo. No Dragon Age to have a violinist dance around in front of, no Dead Space sequel to ruin further. Is Medal of Honor dead? Will there ever be a Battlefield Bad Company 3? Just how many Star Wars games are they making right now?

After the conference there is expected to be a 64-player Battlefield 1 match, much like Battlefield Hardline was demoed after EA's conference in 2014. Will it be on a rooftop? Will it be interesting at all to watch?

Confirmed: Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Mass Effect Andromeda, SPOOOOOOOOOORTS
Predictions: Visceral's Star Wars project, Sims 4 DLC, MORE MINIONS GAMES
Unlikely: Any of this poo poo coming to Steam

Bethesda (7 PM PT/10 PM ET)
Publisher livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Last year, Bethesda had a reason to have their first very own stage show; the first real look at Fallout 4, a new DOOM, a new Dishonored. This year... uhhh. DLC?? Will this be a stage show about DLC?? Maybe there will be a new Wolfenstein. Or maybe there will just be a lot of DLC instead.

Confirmed: Dishonored 2 is the only known confirmation to this point.
Predictions: New Wolfenstein, Fallout 4 DLC, Doom DLC, Elder Scrolls Online DLC, at least 5 minutes talking about the Bethesda.net service
Unlikely: Battlecry

Kadokawa Games (9:30 PM PT/12:30 AM ET)

I'm not sure if this one is even being streamed, it's a Japanese publisher doing an E3 conference in Tokyo. Expect lots of otaku games as the company is largely a Vita publisher. So uhh the odds of these games even coming to North America is pretty uh... look, hope springs eternal I guess.

WHERE TO WATCH

Aside from the above links, Twitch is the official partner of E3: http://www.twitch.tv/e3

I'm not sure how many other sites will cover Day 0, but as for the rest of the week, Youtube (hosted by Geoff Keighley) will be live all Monday long, and Gamespot and IGN will also have streams later this week from the show.

IRC

#e3 on irc.synirc.net

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Looks like all the stuff I care about at E3 is frontloaded, so I can ignore it after tonight!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

IT BEGINS.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Video Games are awful.

I can't wait.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

When's Spore 2?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I genuinely have no idea what to give a poo poo about this year.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Why does everything have to be so late in the day :mad: As someone who works nights EST I'm screwed out of most of these

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can't wait to be Mass Erect

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fix posted:

I genuinely have no idea what to give a poo poo about this year.

Geoff

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Really excited to see some of that cutting-edge barrel exploding technology finally take center stage in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I love this week. It's such a non-stop, unmitigated poo poo show of the worst parts of nerd culture, journalists trying to be weekday morning talk show hosta for entire days straight, and the greatest collection of to-be-disappointments for the rest of the year. It fuels my jaded, cynical heart for weeks.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I hope they talk about tv this year

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Bethesda should be cool since they've become way better at publishing games than making them. Lol if Skyrim HD is a thing tho. I wonder if they'll finally cop to euthanizing Battlecry.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah we'll get a Battlecry trailer today for a beta next month and it'll be complete garbage.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Orv posted:

I love this week. It's such a non-stop, unmitigated poo poo show of the worst parts of nerd culture, journalists trying to be weekday morning talk show hosta for entire days straight, and the greatest collection of to-be-disappointments for the rest of the year. It fuels my jaded, cynical heart for weeks.

And on top of that you get to see cool games :)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Just hope we get a lot of time dedicated to elder scrolls hearthstone, it's what the fans want

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

When's Spore 2?

August 9 in North America, followed by August 10 in Europe, and August 12 in the UK.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

They pull a reverse Overwatch and throw all of Battlecry's bits together into a smash hit Mmo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spergminer posted:

And on top of that you get to see cool games :)

Mods?!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

New Wolfenstein is all I care about unless there is more Doom stuff then ok I guess

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm curious what will be unveiled in the new Mass Effect today because everything about its production under the hood have made it seem like a total disaster. They'll probably just throw in some cutscenes of a krogan smashing stuff in Frostbite to get the Bioware nerds suitably hype though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

I'm curious what will be unveiled in the new Mass Effect today because everything about its production under the hood have made it seem like a total disaster. They'll probably just throw in some cutscenes of a krogan smashing stuff in Frostbite to get the Bioware nerds suitably hype though.

Have you seen the brief leak from a few months back?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, that's why I said I'm excited for more exploding barrels. They've got that poo poo on lock.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

I wish bioware still knew how to write well at all.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to be at my dark workplace for the Kadokawa presentation, so I hope it's extra spooky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Before he quit midway through production ME: Andromeda's project leader was also the PL on Halo 4, so we know we'll get a story at least half as good as Halo 4.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm excited for this, for the possibility of a hilarious disappointment, or amazing excitement

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I hope we get to hear Corvo speak if we get a new trailer tonight. I am so excited that they got the guy who voiced Garrett in the Thief trilogy to do it, his voice acting is absolutely top-notch and part of what made Thief have such a great atmosphere.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Orv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9btmLCk_eM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hope Microsoft announce a new Kinect :getin:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I AM EXCITED FOR EA TO SHOW ME SOME GAEMS

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the only shows worth watching:
PC Gaming Show so we can maybe have nvidia wave the 1080's in front of us more, Sony to talk about all the Crash Bandicoot we won't be getting, and Ubisoft for the E3 AS gently caress conference they usually do

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sony will give us three crash bandicoots actually

that's all their press conference will be, three crash bandicoots

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

PC Gaming Show so we can maybe have nvidia wave the 1080's in front of us more, Sony to talk about all the Crash Bandicoot we won't be getting, and Ubisoft for the E3 AS gently caress conference they usually do

The PC Gaming Show is sponsored by AMD, so you probably won't see any Nvidia stuff.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

I dunno, Microsofts mystifying hololens show last year was worth it. I'll be checking them out this year too.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sony will give us three crash bandicoots actually

that's all their press conference will be, three crash bandicoots

Hey, statistical probability implies that at least one of those games will - who am I kidding they're all gonna be garbage re-imagined shitpiles

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Spergminer posted:

I dunno, Microsofts mystifying hololens show last year was worth it. I'll be checking them out this year too.

the hololens didn't really excite me. Playing games on my table wasn't exactly what I was looking for out of my VR Experience

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Reminder that there is no substantial evidence of a sequel to The Evil Within existing because the article that spawned the rumor said literally only this

quote:

The Evil Within 2 we haven't heard anything notable about although a sequel is generally expected - the first game being one that went down well.

but boy that doesn't stop me from hoping anyway. So if you are a big ol weirdo like me and want a sequel to that game, tailor your expectations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm looking forward to more Dishonored and Wolfenstein. I loved the hell out of Dishonored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I got mad as heck at last year's footage of Doom 2016, and then the game turned out to actually be really good, but like hell I'm going to let that stop me from getting mad again at whatever is shown on-stage tonight. Getting angry and exasperated at E3 conferences is a time-honored tradition!

• Locked thread