Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Orv posted:

Mass Effect 2 lets you defenestrate a man from a trillionth story window for doing his job, making it the superior ME game.

Best scene in the whole series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQI4G_fXokc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Steve2911 posted:

Again I think this was Bioware earnestly trying to address an issue after the fact, and going about it in a clumsy way. Which I infinitely prefer to them not trying at all.

They're getting better all the time. :unsmith: (Except their games aren't).

Yeah Bioware was like 'man we realize we hosed up with not having any same gender romance things, so for now and going forward we're going to include it, starting with the new content in Rise of the Hutt Cartel, on Makeb'. It wasn't literally 'this is the planet of gay people', it was just that they only realized their mistakes after release, and started adding it in post release. Every single story content since Hutt Cartel has had a few SGR options to at least flirt with - even the minor events like the Bounty Hunter week have them nowadays.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I glazed over a whole bunch of probably stupid goon treatises about The State of Bioware but I want you to know that Mass Effect, every single part of it, totally and utterly owns.

Except for Andromeda, this is almost assuredly gonna suck. :(

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

Pillars of Eternity is the best 90s/early 00s Bioware game.

I really liked that game but I was kind of disappointed in how uneven everything was. The world felt very deliberately designed (so loot was insanely boring and mundane, nothing felt like a genuine artifact of power rather they all felt like slightly better version of current items and ect.), the companions were uneven and some classes were just flat-out better than others.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Tyranny. The premise is really awesome.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

seriously quit loving crying about gay people and get hype for video games :woot:
gay people make me hype for video games

Orv
May 4, 2011
One half hour to the superbowl of cringing!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

video gaymes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

seriously quit loving crying about gay people and get hype for video games :woot:
thats probably the worst thing you could say today given what just happened in Orlando lol

anyway here's the Youtube stream for EA, there will apparently be a "pre-show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSN9sTQCf4

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

haha thats how you know someone is old school... that poo poo was before my time

Nah if I was trying to extol the virtues of ZDTV THEN I'm old, but that's the gag, ZDTV had no virtues.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Phi230 posted:

hamburger helper
Go back to 4chan and never come back

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nice PS2

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That sounds like a slim version with better output options for their teevee content, rather than an actual upgrade.

I'm good thanks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
GiantBomb stream started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFdzwACtlhs

They're starting off by acknowledging Orlando and I doubt they're gonna be at the top of their game. Was hoping for a fun stream to make the day brighter. :smith:

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Jimbot posted:

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Tyranny. The premise is really awesome.

Same, it seems right up their alley.

Quest For Glory II posted:

anyway here's the Youtube stream for EA, there will apparently be a "pre-show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSN9sTQCf4

Can't wait for them to market WW1 to an audience that EA didn't think knew that WW1 happened lmao.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how is that slimmer

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's cool that you get an iron giant buddy in the single player campaign of Titanfall 2 but you're still playing a generic soldierman. Luckily I loved the heck out of the gameplay in the first one so I'm looking forward to that game's multiplayer.

With Mass Effect, I do get a good laugh at how people think including gay or trans or people of color is "shoving it down my throat". While I do agree what being gay shouldn't be the defining characteristic of the character, I think a lot of people hide behind this excuse so that no gay or trans character is added.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve2911 posted:

That sounds like a slim version with better output options for their teevee content, rather than an actual upgrade.

I'm good thanks.

yeah thats what it is. the secret plot to kill ps4 isn't due out until xmas 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

how is that slimmer

Picture is actual size.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Steve2911 posted:

I'm good thanks.

I'm pretty sure word on the street is there was going to be one of these, but also an xbox One Point Five codenamed Scorpio, as a counterpart to the PS4 Neo. So that'll be the thing to watch out for if you want to buy a second xbox one for some reason.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Standard 2TB hard drives would be cool

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I completely forgot E3 was literally today and then realized I don't really care because barely anything there interests me anymore.

Stream might be good for a laugh??

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
trans people in video games gross they make me so uncomfortable I just won't be able to play video games anymore peace out bye

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

HMS Boromir posted:

I'm pretty sure word on the street is there was going to be one of these, but also an xbox One Point Five codenamed Scorpio, as a counterpart to the PS4 Neo. So that'll be the thing to watch out for if you want to buy a second xbox one for some reason.

I don't even want to buy a first one.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Commissar Ken posted:

Nah if I was trying to extol the virtues of ZDTV THEN I'm old, but that's the gag, ZDTV had no virtues.

even 16 years later we got ZDTV haters. gently caress y'all. Call For Help, The Screen Savers, GameSpot TV/Extended Play/X Play, etc. all rocked. Only lovely show on there was Silicon Spin and I'd probably actually like that now that I'm older. Leo Laporte is my hero and dude can show his dinger on live webcams and television all he wants.

:owned:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Standard 2TB hard drives would be cool

considering they cost practically nothing more than 500gb ones at the scale the console makers buy them at yeah you're right

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
last E3 owned, this one will probably not own. thank you for your patience.

is something starting in like 20 minutes or did i do my timezones wrong

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

how is that slimmer
uh, did you not see the part about the streamlined controller?

day one

Orv
May 4, 2011
Duke or die.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DONT REPEAT YOUR BAD JOKE

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
If game devs want to cater to gay people they need to insert more big rear end beefcake

14 years later we're still catching up to the standard set by Cho Aniki

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Single-player Star Wars game pretty please

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Oh man Fifa 17, can't wait for that one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's like two Mr. Caffeines

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
here comes the nerd hatred of sports games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

AngelesXO posted:

Single-player Star Wars game pretty please

We're getting 2-3 in the coming years. Still a ways away, though

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Phi230 posted:

here comes the nerd hatred of sports games

fifa owns

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

exquisite tea posted:

I glazed over a whole bunch of probably stupid goon treatises about The State of Bioware but I want you to know that Mass Effect, every single part of it, totally and utterly owns.

Except for Andromeda, this is almost assuredly gonna suck. :(

:same: :yeah: Mass Effect was great. Andromeda will probably suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're doing robot pirate ninja humor, i'm so glad i tuned in for this

• Locked thread