Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

Pillars of Eternity is the best 90s/early 00s Bioware game.

I really liked that game but I was kind of disappointed in how uneven everything was. The world felt very deliberately designed (so loot was insanely boring and mundane, nothing felt like a genuine artifact of power rather they all felt like slightly better version of current items and ect.), the companions were uneven and some classes were just flat-out better than others.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Tyranny. The premise is really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's cool that you get an iron giant buddy in the single player campaign of Titanfall 2 but you're still playing a generic soldierman. Luckily I loved the heck out of the gameplay in the first one so I'm looking forward to that game's multiplayer.

With Mass Effect, I do get a good laugh at how people think including gay or trans or people of color is "shoving it down my throat". While I do agree what being gay shouldn't be the defining characteristic of the character, I think a lot of people hide behind this excuse so that no gay or trans character is added.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any chance of a horribly timed and inappropriate announcement in light of today's tragedy? Battlefield Hardline 2 gameplay trailer inside of a club!

Yikes!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The lead writer and brains behind the lore left between Mass Effect 2 and 3. So that's why the story became literally nonsensical.

The new lead responsible for that worthless trash ending of 3 became the game director of the new one. Take that as you will.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Alright, you got me Titanfall 2. That multiplayer looks really good. This single player stuff is kaka, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So does this protagonist have a dead family he's out to get revenge for or is he estranged from them (daughter and mother)?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

no but you will get to experience being executed in first person

Do I have a relationship with the only woman soldier in the squad?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

strategery posted:

EA's conference in summary:

STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Hell yeah, fetishize The Great War. Such a heroic war full of tons of action and explosions! Can't wait to kill those evil Central Powers!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looking foward to Ubisoft's conference, to be honest. EA's has always been boring and crap. Ubisoft's are at least entertaining one way or another.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Whoopty poo poo, more moving parts to break the engine. This building poo poo isn't a substitute for actual content, Bethesda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Now will non-lethal have any good options? In the first game everything fun and good was lethal and everything non-lethal was boring. In fact, you only choked people out to stun them, there were no ranged options, if I remember correctly. Or only one ranged option.

• Locked thread