Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
I love this week. It's such a non-stop, unmitigated poo poo show of the worst parts of nerd culture, journalists trying to be weekday morning talk show hosta for entire days straight, and the greatest collection of to-be-disappointments for the rest of the year. It fuels my jaded, cynical heart for weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah we'll get a Battlecry trailer today for a beta next month and it'll be complete garbage.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spergminer posted:

And on top of that you get to see cool games :)

Mods?!

Orv
May 4, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

I got mad as heck at last year's footage of Doom 2016, and then the game turned out to actually be really good, but like hell I'm going to let that stop me from getting mad again at whatever is shown on-stage tonight. Getting angry and exasperated at E3 conferences is a time-honored tradition!

Every single piece of DOOM footage until that Nvidia tech thing looked like complete and total garbage, so I don't think anyone can be blamed for being surprised by it. Makes me excited for Wolf 2 though.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Huh....

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-announces-four-player-co-op-star-trek-vr-game/

What I really want is an upres of Bridge Commander.

Orv
May 4, 2011

1stGear posted:

Are we still allowed to make The Last Guardian jokes or is that faux pas now

You absolutely are.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's almost no way, with how fresh DOOM is.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Battleborn just makes me wish they hadn't ruined SMNC and abandoned MNC.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

bethesda should end their show by presenting id with a blank check onstage and telling them "go nuts"

Let's not make id the new Kojima.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Could you handle a year where a new Wolfenstein, New DOOM and The Holy Quake remaster all came out in the same year?

I think I'd be fine. There's zero chance it's coming out this year if it gets announced though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

w00tazn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLiKrNxHs2A

Go to -28 minutes, EA leaked their own Titanfall 2 news.
6 New titans
Multiplayer beta
Single Player Campaign
October 28, 2016

How does this happen two years in a row.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I wonder where that guys life has taken him since that fateful day.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The erections they get from thinking about money will soothe their nerves.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't expect anything from Titanfall 2's campaign but it'd be nice if they leaned real hard into the sci-fi weirdness and robopal.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Trailer and release date for Dishonored 2:

Bethesda you already pulled that trick, it's not even .11 anymore.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The only good modern Bioware game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You're not big into the biotic bitch?

Orv
May 4, 2011

fivegears4reverse posted:

I don't understand how anyone is excited for more Titanfall.

Like the first game wasn't terrible or anything, it was actually rather fun the few times I played it at a friend's. But it never seemed liked it was worth buying a console for, and the PC version was deader than poo poo last I heard.

Titanfall was one of those games people cared about because of its console exclusivity, and that turned out to not mean anything. It's a game that just sorta exists, occasionally brought up when another game includes a mechanic similar to one of its own and then gets promptly forgotten by most people when the conversation moves on.

Titanfall had the best movement in a shooter in a long, long time and wrapped an okay Modern Warfare 2 clone around it. People are excited for more Titanfall because Respawn came out and said "Yeah we understand that it's basically just a COD game in space, we'll work on that" so hopefully they've doubled down on the sci-fi stuff for guns and equipment.

Orv
May 4, 2011

HMS Boromir posted:

Dragon Age 1 is one of the most boring games I've ever played

Accordion Man posted:

Alpha Protocol is the best Mass Effect game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sometimes I miss G4. Not often, but enough to make me wonder what's wrong with me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

G4 was dope back in the mid 2000s dude.

I give this network a 4... out of 5

They had their moments. I remember when they did a whole two hour thing for an in-studio UT2k4 tournament. What a weird age.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Mass Effect 2 lets you defenestrate a man from a trillionth story window for doing his job, making it the superior ME game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

fivegears4reverse posted:

If he was doing his job he wouldn't have deserved it.

Who said anything about deserving it?

Orv
May 4, 2011
One half hour to the superbowl of cringing!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Duke or die.

Orv
May 4, 2011
EA long shot: Fight Night: Subtitle.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Welcome back Mr Roboto.

Orv
May 4, 2011
"We're gonna let a bunch of insufferable Youtubists tell you how good are games are"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Does EA realize nobody cares about this opening crap and we just want to see footage?

Are you new to E3

Orv
May 4, 2011
SHOVEL BASED MURDER

Orv
May 4, 2011
I want to laser someone in half, deliver here Vince

Orv
May 4, 2011
All I did in Titanfall 1 was melee people so I'm in for a week of that

Orv
May 4, 2011