Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

4outof5 posted:

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/
adverb
adverb: literally

in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly; More
without question, unquestionably, indisputably
"there are literally 214 colors available"
informal
used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
"I have received literally thousands of letters"

haha wow serious norman better look up "owned" in the dictionary lmbo!! literally best burn ever itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Also, genesplicer is teaching kids how to make bowling ball catapults that coudltake out up to 10 ppl at a time!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Node posted:

it was added as a temporary measure to protect a young USA from a possible british rule again, not so rednecks can have a power fantasy with them

loving lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale posted:

haha wow serious norman better look up "owned" in the dictionary lmbo!! literally best burn ever itt

might wanna look up the meaning of the word 'burn' there. u know what, gently caress it here it is:

quote:

[burn]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
verb (used without object), burned or burnt, burning.
to undergo rapid combustion or consume fuel in such a way as to give off heat, gases, and, usually, light; be on fire:
The fire burned in the grate.
(of a fireplace, furnace, etc.) to contain a fire.
to feel heat or a physiologically similar sensation; feel pain from or as if from a fire:
The wound burned and throbbed.
to give off light or to glow brightly:
The lights in the house burned all night.
to give off heat or be hot:
The pavement burned in the noon sun.
to produce pain or a stinging sensation similar to that of fire; cause to smart:
The whiskey burned in his throat.
Games. to be extremely close to finding a concealed object or guessing an answer.

if u still cant get it here are some synonyms.

quote:

Synonyms for burn
verb be on fire; set on fire
blaze
char
enfield
heat
ignite
incinerate
light

it goes on but u get the point

naem
May 29, 2011

Edgar posted:

I need my guns to kill coyotes, rabbits, and cougars. These bastards will murder me any chance they get

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

this is beautiful, the guy with the gun seems a bit swarthy though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If guns were banned my weapon of choice, hockey stick with a bunch of knives taped to it, would give me a distinct advantage.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

I.N.R.I posted:

But guns are banned where I live and nobody does any of that

Well it sounds like if guns were legal where you are it won't suddenly turn a moderate calm Muslim into a gay bar massacreing birch then

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

might wanna look up the meaning of the word 'burn' there. u know what, gently caress it here it is:

it goes on but u get the point

I'm trying to compose a sonnet to own you but I'm having a little trouble, pls look up 'orkin mang' in the rhyming dictionary and post any rhymes that refer to a part of the body or maybe a type of bowel movement, tia

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

also lol @ the synonyms buddy don't think I didn't see that :cheers:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

4outof5 posted:

I think it's time to make your posting illegal how many people have to read your stupid poo poo? It must be thousands by now, they really should just permaban you. You have never made a good post, ever.

i disagree.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Basic moral of the story is anyone who's had a FBI background check coming up with "Questioned for ties to Terrorist groups" should not be allowed to purchase guns. Just a short quick list no more difficult to implement than the publicly run sexual predator database with name and photo ID would prevent ease of purchase.

Besides anyone with a lathe and basic metal tinkering skill with a free online handbook can make an AR-15 or AK-47. Rifling and gunsmithing has been not-a-secret for at least 100 years now.

Shall we not forget there is free open source magazine 3d printer files anyone can use? Some are actually better than stock or bigger magazines?

All banning or restriction does is raise the barriers of entry to weapons, and makes a blackmarket for such things thrive and unregulated.

The real point being identify real threats rather than reactionary policy waving.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it seems like the people who really like guns are big nerds, really embarrassing people, I would love to see them all cry like a bunch of gay nerds if they got their favourite toys banned

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Basic moral of the story is anyone who's had a FBI background check coming up with "Questioned for ties to Terrorist groups" should not be allowed to purchase guns. Just a short quick list no more difficult to implement than the publicly run sexual predator database with name and photo ID would prevent ease of purchase.

The FBI closed the file because they found no credible evidence that he was tied to terrorist groups though

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

it seems like the people who really like guns are big nerds, really embarrassing people, I would love to see them all cry like a bunch of gay nerds if they got their favourite toys banned

lol

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

The FBI closed the file because they found no credible evidence that he was tied to terrorist groups though

sounds to me like they failed somewhere in that chain of interest, incompetence is a known quality of all government agency. This is also why I don't like the idea of a government oriented ban on firearms, they don't have a good track record.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
im just gonna get good at ju jitsu and be the master of the armbar in the coming wasteland world

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Immortan posted:

I too believe people who ignore laws will follow new ones.

so are you against all laws in that case? I am, but I'm a badass rebel.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
take away all the weapons and people will still destroy each other with paper clips

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lord Binky posted:

so are you against all laws in that case? I am, but I'm a badass rebel.

Well, I like laws, but just so I can break 'em! Can't be an outlaw without laws... or can I??? Think on that while u eat ur Cheerios.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Worlds Smuggest posted:

sounds to me like they failed somewhere in that chain of interest, incompetence is a known quality of all government agency. This is also why I don't like the idea of a government oriented ban on firearms, they don't have a good track record.

survivalist spotted

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

MiracleWhale posted:

survivalist spotted

I was going to say "libertarian spotted", but you beat me to it...

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Ork of Fiction posted:

Well, I like laws, but just so I can break 'em! Can't be an outlaw without laws... or can I??? Think on that while u eat ur Cheerios.

:catstare: :stare: :star:

sports
Sep 1, 2012
when someone gives me toruble im gfoing to shoot them dead in 10+ shots Lmao I can't aim this gun for poo poo so I need a semi-auto weapon to do it for me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
death to israel, america

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
one time i went and shot guns and was like HOOLY poo poo THIS OWNS. I LOVE GUNS

then i thought about buying a gun and basically laughed at myself, considering i could just come back and rent one for an hour whenever i wanted to shoot one

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

ghlbtsk posted:

take away all the weapons and people will still destroy each other with paper clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wgbJCb2330

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

MiracleWhale posted:

survivalist spotted

I'm too lazy to be a survivalist, consider what forum we are posting on.

That and I live in california, we can't have anything fun cheap here.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Besides anyone with a lathe and basic metal tinkering skill with a free online handbook can make an AR-15 or AK-47. Rifling and gunsmithing has been not-a-secret for at least 100 years now.

Shall we not forget there is free open source magazine 3d printer files anyone can use? Some are actually better than stock or bigger magazines?

All banning or restriction does is raise the barriers of entry to weapons, and makes a blackmarket for such things thrive and unregulated.

The real point being identify real threats rather than reactionary policy waving.

have fun with your ikea gun made out of balsa wood that fires dry macaroni retard

Metagrubs
Jan 5, 2015
Lipstick Apathy
How come people in America kill people more than in other places? How come there aren't a bunch of people getting killed all the time, but in other places?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Metagrubs posted:

How come people in America kill people more than in other places? How come there aren't a bunch of people getting killed all the time, but in other places?

American society is far more fractured and dysfunctional due to its far more diverse makeup and related racial baggage

Americans kill more people with their bare hands than Europeans do with all things combined

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Worlds Smuggest posted:

drat right. We need to put this into the hands of private corporations. They are far more trustworthy, transparent, and accountable. Plus it will make all background checks cheaper due to the free market!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Imagine if you banned guns and criminals had to resort to swords and axes and poo poo.

When you turn on the TV and there is a gang fight going to you would see some wicked cool sword fights and crossbow kills and poo poo like that before the police ride in on their horses and start stabbing dudes.

It would make crime as a spectator sport way more interesting.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

you know what you hick americans keep forgetting with those dumb arguments like "you could never confiscate all guns anyway" or "having guns is a right and plus I just like how they look"?

just stop selling loving bullets, then your millions of pussy guns are useless in a couple of years and people can stockpile as many as they please

there, I solved the gun crisis

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Worlds Smuggest posted:

yeah people dont understand how common it was to have an ammo reloading bench in the basement back in the glory days, or that a gun cabinet was a standard feature in a mail-order Sears Roebuck home. People like to pretend that modifying guns and adding attachments hasnt been a staple of american culture along the likes of a game of baseball or an apple pie.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

quote:

How many mass shootings should there be before gun control stops being reactionary policy waving?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

TheMostFrench posted:

How many mass shootings should there be before gun control stops being reactionary policy waving?

All of them

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
See the Orlando shooting main thread for a fairly detailed discussion

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Nicomo posted:

See the Orlando shooting main thread for a fairly detailed discussion

If this is about your post of just TRYING ineffectual laws just to see if they work then lol.

Come on guys please let me ban all guns just to see if it will do anything! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
The tag says "Humor" and yet this thread doesn't even seem to be trying to be funny :(

• Locked thread