Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
How many episodes this season? I'm glad to see it's more than 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

counterfeitsaint posted:

How many episodes this season? I'm glad to see it's more than 10.

3 more left, so 13.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Octy posted:

I liked it when Chandler turned away from the court and whispered his defence speech.

Yes blud! Had me in stitches.
I've not seen anyone raggin on Bridget Regan's various asian language skills. She looks like she's selling it.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 23, 2016

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Rocksicles posted:

Yes blud! Had me in stitches.
I've not seen anyone raggin on Bridget Regan's various asian language skills. She looks like she's selling it.

Japanese is ok in that "Practiced this a few times before filming" kind of way.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
This could only get better if Tex, in the process of retaking the White House, frees President fat guy, hands him an M4 and they kick serious rear end together.

I want Takehaya to be cured, commissioned, and in command of a US Navy ship by the end of this season.

And Peng on the receiving end of a JDAM.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 26, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not without TeamWolfSeal merkin some goons GI Jane style. Using a flare gun!

Peng is proper vexed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

MullardEL34 posted:

I want Takehaya to be cured, commissioned, and in command of a US Navy ship by the end of this season.

I kind of get the impression the US Navy doesn't have any more ships left after that little debacle, or at least lacks enough trained crew members to equip more. Still, I think Takehaya has mentioned having ships of his own?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Takehaya has his pirates (like the ones they traded with to get the Chinese decryption codes). Sounds like there's probably one destroyer's crew worth still around between the two sunk ships, assuming loyalties can be "corrected" with that new captain.

I would imagine there have to be a ton of unmanned ships lying around though. Realistically how many ships would be stationed at Pearl Harbor and San Diego? This has only been six or so months since the outbreak hit, right? Even with no maintenance since the outbreak it shouldn't take much to get those back into fighting shape. I think ships are easy to find, it's crew that they'll have a hard time with.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Shhhh go away with your logic.

It's literally the last ship again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
With 4 Captains.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'Murica Actual leads the charge, Japirate kills Chitler with a loving katana!

This may be the greatest show on television at the moment.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

jfood posted:

'Murica Actual leads the charge, Japirate kills Chitler with a loving katana!

This may be the greatest show on television at the moment.

And we had the return of Tex, little miss Tex jr machinegunning fools, villains villaining it up on two continents, ships blowing up ships, sad goodbye looks and some tragic death to top it all off.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
For what amounts to a dumb summer show, they decide to do a story about Sinocentric racism and also broke America apart because democracy is lovely and Americans are power hungry SOBs who hate one another and would rather kill federalism to get a leg up one another.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I'm guessing Chandler is going to use Henan as a decoy for the Nathan James, with the bad guys thinking the James is destroyed, that's how they'll get into the country.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MullardEL34 posted:

This could only get better if Tex, in the process of retaking the White House, frees President fat guy, hands him an M4 and they kick serious rear end together.

And Peng on the receiving end of a JDAM sword.

So close....

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Who would have thought Tex would be eclipsed... by lil Tex! Best show.

Also, since it was the top national museum, I choose to assume Peng got stabbed by a masamune katana.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I was actually a little disappointed that Peng just turned out to be a generic mustache twirling villain. I don't entirely understand what his motivation was for destroying the Japanese people and culture.

Also, very dissapointed that the writers missed an opportunity for Slatery to say "We're the last ship."

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

If you were expecting the villains to be anything other than Turbo-Stalin, you're watching the wrong show, man.

The opening graphics, where glorious pure-strain blue 'Murica wipes out red across the map should have been the only clue you needed.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Sober posted:

For what amounts to a dumb summer show, they decide to do a story about Sinocentric racism and also broke America apart because democracy is lovely and Americans are power hungry SOBs who hate one another and would rather kill federalism to get a leg up one another.

Yeah I still can't believe an explosion filled soft-scifi show executive produced by Micheal Bay and starring Adam Baldwin is doing a season where the villains are anti-globalist libertarians whose sole motivation is being "Left alone" to do whatever crimes against humanity they feel like

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 29, 2016

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

FISHMANPET posted:

I was actually a little disappointed that Peng just turned out to be a generic mustache twirling villain. I don't entirely understand what his motivation was for destroying the Japanese people and culture.

Something something World War Two maybe? At least that's what I assumed as I was only half-watching that scene.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

FISHMANPET posted:

Also, very dissapointed that the writers missed an opportunity for Slatery to say "We're the last ship."
As a Chinese person I can tell you that a lot of the time most Chinese people see their culture as the best and look down on other East Asian cultures (who spawned off from them, making them inferior copies), sometimes to the point of outright racism.

I mean one poster above isn't wrong that Peng was basically Chinese Hitler in some respects.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, probably just because I'm a westerner, but burning and destroying all that stuff seemed weird and terrible to me. The proper (western) thing to do is steal it all and bring it back to your capital and put it in a museum, obviously.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Nah, the Chinese have just as much of an appreciation of cultural heritage as we do. I guess it was meant to make them look a little more villainous.

Octy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 30, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

There's a lot of hatred towards Japan by other Asian countries for what they did during World War 2 and how the emperor, government, and top military men and other war criminals went heavily unpunished. I'm not sure if in real life that also translates to many people wanting to wipe out the entire people and burn their culture, but I think that doing so is still going way too far no matter how much you hate them which is why it was pretty satisfying for me when Takehaya stabbed Peng. Him and Kyoko choosing to stay on Japanese soil and die as the last of their people was also a lot more emotional and tasteful than I was expecting from this series after "my god, they're burning the bodies to power the city!"

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
How did TNT produce the best action show on TV?
The same network that shat out Falling Turds Skies.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

MullardEL34 posted:

How did TNT produce the best action show on TV?
The same network that shat out Falling Turds Skies.

But with Bay kept far away from the writing room so he does not ruin it with nothing but slow pans and closeups of Chandler and Slattery.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
well one state down several to go.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My God this loving show.

I knew that was a decoy James but even still when the music played and the real Nathan James sailed into frame :patriot:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

"He may be Navy, but he's badass."

"Shut up."

:laffo:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

This episode was rushed but great

BUT WHO KEPT PULLING THE TRAIN HORN DURING THE FIGHT?!

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Ratjaculation posted:

Trains just naturally make horn noises all the time, just like guns always make that rattling sound when you point them at someone. Everyone knows that!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

This episode was rushed but great

I'm guessing Emmitt Brown.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Evil Blonde viking lady :dota101: :allears:

SoCal still has plenty of oil no worries there, immediately nuke the South and the plantation bitch tho.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 6, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Week after week this show remains the best god drat show.

As a Las Vegas native I was irritated that they drove past the sign going the wrong way, but that's television.

Anyone else wonder why it was visibly raining ash while they were in Vegas, and why the car was covered in it? Seems like a weird thing to not mention.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought it was lightly snowing but I guess that doesn't really make sense for Las Vegas now that I think about it.

I wonder why General Bradley was so afraid of his former boss and his ability to have everyone killed? Maybe they're crazy enough to throw around nukes, but I think that if some place was nuked and it was raining ash they would have brought attention to it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Do those missiles that struck the Henan actually exist? Like as the show described they just hovered in altitude until they are told their targets?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sober posted:

Do those missiles that struck the Henan actually exist? Like as the show described they just hovered in altitude until they are told their targets?

I assume they meant that they came from an aircraft that was loitering for them. Maybe a drone given that they had that command console in the White House.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

I assume they meant that they came from an aircraft that was loitering for them. Maybe a drone given that they had that command console in the White House.

No i'm pretty sure they said the missiles themselves were up there waiting, they launched them previously from that console in the office before the ship got there.

Awesome corny episode anyway.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Wandle Cax posted:

No i'm pretty sure they said the missiles themselves were up there waiting, they launched them previously from that console in the office before the ship got there.

Awesome corny episode anyway.

I'm hoping they were just being really vague or unclear, because that would be kinda dumb. On the other hand you don't generally need a briefcase to order a jet to take off so that it can launch missiles later... maybe it's best not to think about it too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Sober posted:

The British had the ALARM missile that flew really high and floated down on a parachute until some SAM radar was switched on. In some old Tornado flight simulator this was the greatest thing you could possibly use. Just fire one ahead of entering enemy territory and wait for the enemy SAM to light up and get lit up.

quote:

ALARM is a fire-and-forget system, with an added loiter capability. In loiter mode, ALARM will, when launched, climb to an altitude of 13 km. If the target radar shuts down, the missile will deploy a parachute and descend slowly until the radar lights up. The missile will then fire a secondary motor to attack the target.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALARM

• Locked thread