Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Kessel didn't win the Conn Smythe but he is the Conn Smythe of my heart.

Also my pregame hot dogs obviously beat out RC Cola's Pavelski jersey for luck charms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Levitate posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins won the cup playing John Tortorella style hockey

Actually the Penguins were good.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Levitate posted:

I'm actually like...80% serious but also just being salty for effect.

Sullivan was Torts' assistant coach pal for a long time and the influence on the defensive play of the Penguins is extremely evident. The collapse down low around the goalie to block a ton of shots is what Torts is known for and is the same style the Penguins played under Sullivan as well. The major differences being Pittsburgh has really talented players who could attack offensively effectively and Sullivan gave his defensemen more freedom to move the puck than Torts did.

I say all this because I'm finding blocked shots more and more aggravating and of course when the Rangers did it, it was all fine but now it sucks (but seriously it's really really crappy hockey to watch unless it's your team doing it and you don't care that the other team can't get anything on net).

But Pittsburgh had basically everything go right for them this year after firing their coach and got everyone on the same page and the GM made some good moves, so nice work

The major difference is that Tortorella loving sucks.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/adamstiska/status/743145949028024320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Nitramster posted:

I just realized this is the first time in recent memory that a trade with the LA kings didn't completely screw over the other team.

Well the pens aren't the flyers, lol

They traded Scuderi to Chicago.

• Locked thread