Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i thought i would make a thread to say that i look forward to the day i see two guys dueling with longswords in a lowe's parking lot and archers firing flaming arrows into apartment complexes. i think it will be really exciting and episodes of cops will get much more interesting if they still make that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

i thought i would make a thread to say that i look forward to the day i see two guys dueling with longswords in a lowe's parking lot and archers firing flaming arrows into apartment complexes. i think it will be really exciting and episodes of cops will get much more interesting if they still make that show.

hell yeah

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

more violence courtesy of big halberd

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm gonna use the blitzball so I can hit the flying people and talk like a retarded Bender

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

mdm posted:

I'm gonna use the blitzball so I can hit the flying people and talk like a retarded Bender

If you gently caress up the boat sequence you might as well quit, jecht shot 4 lyfe

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

two guys in nike plate armor jousting each other on horses. i mean that would just be pretty cool, i think

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

two guys in nike plate armor jousting each other on horses. i mean that would just be pretty cool, i think

horses are far too expensive. we will use chinese knock-offs of hoverboards.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'll halberd v sword anyone any day :smug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think horses are gonna make a comeback in the american age of steel and blood.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They give the generals the halberds because it gives them the ability to tilt forward when they are quick, so that a charging opponent who is also quick will impale themselves on the blade before they can impale a war officer. They only let the grunts go in a straight line while they're quick.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there are any cool halberd related twitter handles left

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Archers on every block :getin:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

can I have a naginata? I hear they're pretty cool

Keep Autism Wired
Feb 22, 2009

Kristen Schaal Lub Club

Sheep-Goats posted:

I wonder if there are any cool halberd related twitter handles left

theres not

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

what role will katanas have in the revolution?

asking for a friend

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I've spent the entire day reading gun control debates and i do not know how to react.

gently caress it we need more silly weaponry in any gbs thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
any excuse for me to open carry a claymore is a good excuse imo

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gangs of pikemen roaming our streets, what has this country come to?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lucerne hammer are superior IMHO

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I would wreck poo poo with a glaive.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWnnE3PzrE

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i look forward to the day that a man tries to break into a house and the dad of the house crushes his skull with a morning star or flail because that's metal as gently caress.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also like a public shooting would just be a guy riding around on horseback with a lance harpooning people in front of the starbucks. shits dope if you ask me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I would wreck poo poo with a glaive.

thats probably an outright lie

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
They pretty much already do this in isis territory with those big curvy scimitars. They just chop ppl left and right nbd.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

can I have a naginata? I hear they're pretty cool

Those are for the ladies.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'll halberd v sword anyone any day :smug:

ill khophesh someones dick off

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hell Yeah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2coOjEE3Fo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a mexican guy tries to rob a liquor store dual wielding scimitars but the pakistani clerk is a powerful swordsman and cuts his torso in half with a giant greatsword. god drat i just can't wait

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

scimitar battles in front of starbucks

riot plice shields failing to meet the standards of a claymore engraved with the words
referendis bollockisis

yes op yes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

there can be only one. connor macleod of the clan macleod

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Pulling mace out of one's purse takes on a totally different meaning. Purses also become larger to compensate.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

i look forward to the day that a man tries to break into a house and the dad of the house crushes his skull with a morning star or flail because that's metal as gently caress.

If you're letting your peasantry live in a hovel large enough to swing a flail/morningstar you are not tithing them heavily enough.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
the latest in home defense...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tectonis posted:

If you're letting your peasantry live in a hovel large enough to swing a flail/morningstar you are not tithing them heavily enough.

lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Pulling mace out of one's purse takes on a totally different meaning. Purses also become larger to compensate.

not necessarily...

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

wait op i found a flaw they are banned in this horrible tea drinking countryi, im in and yet people rarely do battle properly in the way you envision

nevermind

A guy named Bill cleaving his bill into a man named Bob over an argument over a woman named Lo at a rest stop cafeteria in Iowa

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Drunk & Ugly posted:

scimitar battles in front of starbucks

riot plice shields failing to meet the standards of a claymore engraved with the words
referendis bollockisis

yes op yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LiQFnkuJY

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

two moms are arguing over a parking space at bed bath and beyond and suddenly theyr'e fighting on top of a semi truck with war hammers. trump 2016 it's gonna be yuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

that was both awesome and dumb

• Locked thread