Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
OP wants to swordfight

i guess u made it out of the club last nite so congrates on that bruv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
finally, i'll be able to use my sword for something other than cutting a boot full of meet in half

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is the most convincing argument for gun control i have ever heard

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Think of how much healthier we'll all be with the regular exercise of training with our various weapons will bring?

That and poison coating and syringe killings might make a big comeback.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't know from syringes but what i am saying is that it will be cool when two drug dealers fire trebuchet at each other and like cars blow up and poo poo.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
halberds are the best weapon, and I really these to be a thing. And then hipsters will try to bring back claymores or something, so we can all still be angry about millennials.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Hell Yeah posted:

i don't know from syringes but what i am saying is that it will be cool when two drug dealers fire trebuchet at each other and like cars blow up and poo poo.

"Bitch you better check yo poo poo. Just you wait. Just you wait. I got som'fin for you in my car"

5 minutes later

"Thank you for waiting. Now stand still motha fucka"

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

I was thinking more a la dexter ghost poking from behind.

Actually now that I think about it Flamethrower tech would be the new mass killing weapon. I think you could make a pressure tank and fuel source small enough to light up a fair distance, plus if you do it wrong you just explode.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I'm on board, as long as we also bring back some form of holmgang

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Proof: Sweden has stricter gun laws, and had a school stabbing by noted swordsman Darth Vader last year

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lilljonas posted:

Proof: Sweden has stricter gun laws, and had a school stabbing by noted swordsman Darth Vader last year

:rip:

Metagrubs
Jan 5, 2015
Lipstick Apathy
Two rednecks drinking at a honky tonk dive bar, passionately debating falchions vs scimitars

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait to use my sweet garrote skills.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

helbards are the best weapons

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Replace the partisan politicians with politicians wielding partisans.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"I hear chelsea clinton wants to ban the bardiche :rolleyes: when will these libs learn"

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Halberds are weapons of war OP they have no place on the streets. No honest man needs more than a longsword, rapier or grosse messer.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
think i want to give people the old spicy keychain instead, much funnier

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

You don't even need weapons to harm people.

"I've always told people that for each person there is a sentence--a series of words--which has the power to destroy him........
another sentence exists, another series of words, which will heal the person. If you're lucky you will get the second; but you can be certain of getting the first: that is the way it works." - Philip K. Dick, VALIS

Blahsmack fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 13, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

halberd is a scrub teir polearm

Bec de corbin or gtfo

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Lucerne hammer are superior IMHO

This dude knows whats up

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
The problem, as I see it, is that a large underground halberd modding scene will emerge. This will be - no joke - an arms race. You'll see halberds with swords for handles, and tactical halberd with maces and morningstars attached to both ends. Don't even get me started on the halberd made of smaller halberd that you can split apart in the heat of battle and shower your opponent with tiny halberds.

Too much, I say. When will it end? Won't somebody think if the children?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Whirling gangs of polearm barbarians will terrorize the nation

No precious items will be safe from their lances

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
OP you do know that sword fights in real life aren't like fencing or the plays you see at the medieval festivals, right?

Real sword play is like UFC fighting with sharp sticks. It's dumb looking and eventually you're ontop of a sweaty man in chainmail.

So like your larp games every month.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Mange Mite posted:

the latest in home defense...

Simple and practical! Everyone always focuses on their greatsword/halberd/Hanzo steel and forgets the noble and reliable buckler.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Tactical halberds

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
i think u found the argument that will finally win the gun otaku over, op: the chance to be real otaku

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
When will someone think of the children and outlaw the bat'leth, those have no place on the streets

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://homemadeguns.wordpress.com/

when guns are banned people just make their own anyways

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
After 24 hours of this brave new world, once-giddy nerds will demand to have guns back. Surprisingly, experience watching anime is not nearly as effective as physical fitness in a gunpowder-free world.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rutibex posted:

Lucerne hammer are superior IMHO

Only if you're rocking a Leo Ring as well

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I think a cavalry saber would be an excellent choice if you want to protect yourself on your Vespa

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh poo poo, there'd be a reason to learn to use a rope dart.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

No halberd can withstand my hanzo steel :radcat:

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Fargo Fukes posted:

Simple and practical! Everyone always focuses on their greatsword/halberd/Hanzo steel and forgets the noble and reliable buckler.

Man I can't wait to roll Deprived in Dark Souls 3

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Better than guns op since you gotta get in shape to use em.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Finally, a use for my spare onager!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sup, in Europe we banned guns and people don't fight with halberds. Knives are way more convenient.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Sup, in Europe we banned guns and people don't fight with halberds. Knives are way more convenient.

That's one of the reasons why knives/daggers/swords were go to personal defense weapons during the middle ages and early modern period (well, at least through a good chunk of the 17th century. started declining in popularity pretty quickly). kind of hard to easily carry a 6-9 foot object with you all the time, especially if you just want to grab a drink or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Y'know at least in this version of the US paranoid self-defense weapon dorks will not be fat guys wearing DON'T TREAD ON ME shirts with a gun crammed into their mighty waistline

well who knows that claymore guy who hangs around cutting pigs in half all day is a fat guy I guess

• Locked thread