Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

Y'know at least in this version of the US paranoid self-defense weapon dorks will not be fat guys wearing DON'T TREAD ON ME shirts with a gun crammed into their mighty waistline

well who knows that claymore guy who hangs around cutting pigs in half all day is a fat guy I guess

this is america it's fat guys all the way down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pictured: America circa 2017 after Hillary bans the guns.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

to the person who said my idea is unrealistic because they already banned guns in europe and they don't 1v1 single combat in the street there, someone already posted a video from scotland of dudes fighting with machetes in the streets. sorry that you don't know what's happening in your own countries lol.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Oh poo poo, there'd be a reason to learn to use a rope dart.

Ok. :colbert: what is this.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Change we can believe in

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Radio: All officers, all officers, there is an S29 in progress on 12th Street, two officers down, perps are heavily armed. All officers please respond.

Rookie: What's an S29?

Veteran Cop: What the gently caress are they teaching rookies these days? An S29 is a bad rear end major sword fight between rival gangs. Are you wearing your regulation chain male rookie?

Rookie: Yes sarge, but will it come to that?

Veteran Cop: Just keep your hand on your longsword, remember your swordplay training and stick close to me.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
We should have broadswords for this kind of deal.

How many up there?

Three or four.

That's counting our guy?

Not sure.

So that means there could be up to five guys up there?

It's possible.

We should have loving broadswords.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

i'm with her !!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

No, it doesn't have to end like this. Make Trump link the fires.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Could we still do mass shootings with chu-ko-nus, or is big government going to outlaw automatic crossbows too

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i talked to barack obama and he said there would be a provision included that allowed automatic crossbows so they're fine

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Hell Yeah posted:

i talked to barack obama and he said there would be a provision included that allowed automatic crossbows so they're fine

Only if it doesn't have an assault grip.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
There is a very excellent book series that starts with Edge were guns are totally illegal and the right to vote and have total citizenship is required to be defended at all times by a knife fight. At any time a person can challenge your place in society with a good old stab fest so you have to be prepared to defend yourself. I'm probably butchering it but I think it would be rad as there are a few people I would like to stab to get their stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Thomas-Blackthorne/dp/0857660403?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ben Smash posted:

There is a very excellent book series that starts with Edge were guns are totally illegal and the right to vote and have total citizenship is required to be defended at all times by a knife fight. At any time a person can challenge your place in society with a good old stab fest so you have to be prepared to defend yourself. I'm probably butchering it but I think it would be rad as there are a few people I would like to stab to get their stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Edge-Thomas-Blackthorne/dp/0857660403?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

wait so how is this different from britain irl

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

wait so how is this different from britain irl

in this version there is parkour and then they have a reality show where people knife eachother and then they make a pseudo blasted hellscape of downtown london or some poo poo and the reality knife show duelists run the course and stab eachother.

I dunno really how different is as I live in a small box in Wisconsin.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
What about a device that launches knives at my opponents?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So is it pronounced like "Hal-bird" or like "Hal-bread"???

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Chomp8645 posted:

So is it pronounced like "Hal-bird" or like "Hal-bread"???

Hal-bard

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:eyepop:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
A man pulls a knife on me, i pull out my dagger. He swaps knife for short sword and i unsheath longsword. He goes to his car for a bastard sword only to come back and find me with my claymore. He goes to his friend's truck and out of the bed drags his greatsword. I have been defeated.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I open the app on my phone and have a team of drones deliver my trusty hammer, mjolnir, from the heavens

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

gannyGrabber posted:

A man pulls a knife on me, i pull out my dagger. He swaps knife for short sword and i unsheath longsword. He goes to his car for a bastard sword only to come back and find me with my claymore. He goes to his friend's truck and out of the bed drags his greatsword. I have been defeated.

I saw this coming so I came back with a horse and Lance.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Just a reminder that in 48 states you can have a flamethrower and napalm mix for said flamethrower shipped to your door no questions asked.

naem
May 29, 2011

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'd probably just keep my guns and hide em or something and then run out and be king poo poo of the world cause I could just cap scores of them Voulge weildin bitches

Roylicious posted:

Just a reminder that in 48 states you can have a flamethrower and napalm mix for said flamethrower shipped to your door no questions asked.

lol @ the 2 that can't. Might as wel;l ship them back to Britain or wherever you send the wussy kids who always had notes excusing them for gym

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
Thread now reminds me of the coolest knife wielding religion, the Sikh's , always armed to protect your rights from those who would deny your freedom.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Bad.

rear end.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
mass stabbing at a gay knight club

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Hi guys im im this thread now too.

Have american armed forces ever historically used a halberd? Just curious

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Harald posted:

mass stabbing at a gay knight club

I thought that was what they went to the club to get :dukedoge:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

It's crazy detailed panels like this that are the reason we're only getting one issue of BERSERK per year.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

$3000 Bushmaster Dacian Falx owners are overcompensating for something?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rakosi posted:

Hi guys im im this thread now too.

Have american armed forces ever historically used a halberd? Just curious

toothless hillbillies fighting for The South in the Civil War resorted to spear/billhook/halberd looking thingys sometimes apparently

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mange Mite posted:

the latest in home defense...

*burgler shatters lovely plywood buckler with one bat swing*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mange Mite posted:

the latest in home defense...

Spilled my nighttime water all over my cellphobe because the cat made a noise jumping up on the coffee table and I thought a prowler had come about

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

me: i think it would be cool if ten guys fought to the last man with spears and shields in the whole foods parkingh lot.
several gbs posters: UH I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT'S VERY UNREALISTIC. YOU SEE IF YOU LOOK AT HISTORY BLAH BLAH SOMETHING PRIMA NOCTE AND A THING FROM MONTY PYTHON AND BLACKADDER. *posts in traditional games*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hell Yeah posted:

me: i think it would be cool if ten guys fought to the last man with spears and shields in the whole foods parkingh lot.
several gbs posters: UH I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT'S VERY UNREALISTIC. YOU SEE IF YOU LOOK AT HISTORY BLAH BLAH SOMETHING PRIMA NOCTE AND A THING FROM MONTY PYTHON AND BLACKADDER. *posts in traditional games*

Steam :: Chivalry [476 hours played this month]

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Hell Yeah posted:

Trad games owns*

* - only post in the GW death thread where the byob regulars post about skeletons

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
SUV sales would skyrocket, those polearms aren't going to fit in a Hyundai Fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

* - only post in the GW death thread where the byob regulars post about skeletons

i can excuse this.

• Locked thread