Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

E3 DAY ONE SCHEDULE:

Microsoft (9:30 AM/12:30 PM ET)
Presenter: Phil Spencer

Theres just been something missing from Microsoft's E3 presence without Don Mattick's smarmy pancake face. Phil Spencer looks like a TV/IV goon and lies like an E/N goon, but it's not the same. They don't even have the yearly bland Call of Duty demo to make fun of anymore!

One thing that Microsoft will talk up this year is Windows 10 gaming, as part of their five-year cycle where they pretend to be really excited about PC gaming for two years and then change their minds. So far Xbox One W10 games have had framerates tied to refresh rates, no exit button, lack of visual options, no vsync, no crossfire/SLI, forced internal resolutions, and performance issues, so it's all looking up!

A lot of Microsoft things leaked yesterday so it's a bit of a spoiler minefield right now!

The 2016 PC Gaming Show presented by PC Gamer (12 PM PT/3 PM ET)

The first annual E3 PC Gaming Show should very well have been its last. there is no pain or pleasure to be found here, only a creeping sense of existential terror pulling at you until you either close the stream or fall asleep. Last year's show ran near 3 hours and had about 10 minutes of content. I think the DayZ guy had a game announced here? gently caress. Since this runs before Ubisoft's show, I assume they've massively trimmed it down to just one hour and will spare us the copious expanses of nothing that last year had.

Ubisoft (1 PM PT/4 PM ET)
Presenter: Aisha Tyler

The only company that 'gets' E3 is not even American. Soon all our videogames will be outsourced and we have only ourselves to blame!! Without even an Assassin's Creed title to debut this year, Ubisoft should return to their roots: dance squads, fitness games and Rabbids. Their E3 promo image this year hints at more Rabbids, as Rabbids vs Minions forms pop culture's most obnoxious cold war. Heyyy maybe a Rabbids/Minions crossover!!!

This might be Ubisoft's final year of weirdness as Viviendi is in the middle of an attempted hostile takeover of the company, so enjoy this while it lasts...

Sony (6 PM PT/9 PM ET)
Presenter: Andrew House

The company that has ruined E3 with their disgusting "exciting reveals" is back to 'win' E3 again! The only redeeming thing about Sony's E3 stage presence is their commitment to VR, and with the Vive and Rift on the market, you can bet PlaystationVR will be featured, hopefully just as awkwardly as the last time it was demonstrated. Look I get it, big name games, dream projects, blah blah. Where's my fuckin WonderBook? It's like they forgot what E3 is really about. Assholes!!!

WHERE TO WATCH:

Twitch is the official E3 partner: http://www.twitch.tv/e3

Geoff Keighley will be hosting a stream from 12 PM ET to just after midnight: http://www.youtube.com/e3

Otherwise you probably already have a streamer you're content with (I bet half of you are just watching the Giant Bomb feed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What is happening in this Pre Pre show?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I have no idea why that pre pre show is a thing.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i am excited to see Microsoft try the being fun presentation thing

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Are you ready for SCORPIO

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thank you for your service, QfG2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

TG-Chrono posted:

I was born ready, to laugh at it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rest in peace don mattrick

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Microsoft trying to siphon coolness from the coolest horoscope.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
6 hours until Microsoft starts, right? I'm so excited, that's always the highlight of E3

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
WHat are the odds that the Microsoft conference is loving hilariously terrible? Cause I need to get up at 2:30 in the morning to see it and I ain't doing that for anything less than pure schadenfreude.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
first page get
i cant wait for ubu;s usual clowny rear end presentation following by sony taking a poo poo on whatever it is microsoft decided to hobble on to the stage with

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

WHat are the odds that the Microsoft conference is loving hilariously terrible? Cause I need to get up at 2:30 in the morning to see it and I ain't doing that for anything less than pure schadenfreude.

There will be at least two people who give super awkward conferences. One for trying too hard, and one for just straight up being awkward.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

I mean it's an hour of Phil Spencer telling you that xbox is 'the best place to play'

There'll probably be forza/gears of war/crackdown + maybe Scalebound which is probably the only xbox one game I'm interested in

If Fable/Peter Molyneux/David Cage still exist maybe they'll be there too

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There will be at least two people who give super awkward conferences. One for trying too hard, and one for just straight up being awkward.

How many cars will be revealed slowly rising from beneath the stage to no applause? This is important.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Most Microsoft conferences are kind of boring. The Ubisoft conference will probably be an entertaining but cringeworthy trainwreck.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Microsoft has gotta be boring so everyone can check out to WWDC keynote and be back in time for Ubi.

My favorite years of this day were the one before these consoles launched, where the entire games press was gathered in LA and worried Apple was going to do something that was going to render all the companies presenting void, and they'd be on the wrong side of California to cover it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it would be funny if Vivendi bought ubisoft in the middle of the conference.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I tune back in and the pre pre show is singing/rapping over Gungeon?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
LEEEEEEAAAAAKKKKSSS!

Sony are gonna show a new God of War game. They've shifted the setting to Norse Mythology, and they've also realised that while Kratos being an unlikeable rear end in a top hat is the point, he's still an unlikeable rear end in a top hat, so he's not the protagonist. He might end up the villain.

Also no Last of Us 2. I loving adore the first one more than any other game I've ever played, but I honestly do not know if a sequel would be a good thing or not.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought I was going to miss the shows but I'm wrapping things up just in time to "enjoy" the presentations.

I think Microsoft is going to gently caress things up horribly, Sony to put on another blandly forgettable show, and Ubisoft to be Ubisoft.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Metroid by Double Fine.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Golden Goat posted:

Metroid by Double Fine.

Good news, now the way to get through this door will be only 90% as infuriating.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I thought I was going to miss the shows but I'm wrapping things up just in time to "enjoy" the presentations.

I think Microsoft is going to gently caress things up horribly, Sony to put on another blandly forgettable show, and Ubisoft to be Ubisoft.

Sony was pretty good last year

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

WHat are the odds that the Microsoft conference is loving hilariously terrible? .

100%

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yup this sure is a shooter.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Good enough for me.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

i thought the first one got leaked forever ago, and the second isn't really shocking considering how the first one ended

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I did not sleep at all last night i hope my sleep deprived brain can handle the awesomeness of E3

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

How many cars will be revealed slowly rising from beneath the stage to no applause? This is important.

I'm gonna go with the highly risky guess of zero.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I won't be able to catch any shows today aside from Sony, and even then I'll only be able to catch the first hour of it

Real shame, I wanted to see Ubisoft floundering again like they always do

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

1:1

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to see more of Ghost Recon Wildlands

Nothing gets my rocks going than conservative power fantasy and fascism!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Not sure if this was mentioned in the last thread but they're seriously asking for a full $60 on Skyrim Remastered.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Golden Goat posted:

What is happening in this Pre Pre show?
nice to see people in purple shirts have to mill around cleaning off a couch because their cast is figuratively retarded

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
cant wait to see more Ubisoft footage with paid actors using "REAL GAMER SPEEK" to connect with the audience

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to see VR demonstrations all around.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I want to see VR demonstrations all around.

preferably with no game video. just pictures of people flailing around and reacting to nothing

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Desperate Stupid Scumbags looks like a good couch co-op game for a few beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Desperate Stupid Scumbags looks like a good couch co-op game for a few beers

i would have loved this trend toward couch games back when i had friends and time to play them

• Locked thread