Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MiracleWhale posted:

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Tit How Tan join my network

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

MiracleWhale posted:

just imagine what they'd pay for the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

whoa you went there :aaaaa:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Add requests are now just going to be popups that spring up every hour until three months in when they're automatically accepted.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
LinkedIn became a full time joke about 3-4 years ago so it makes sense Microsoft was tripping over themselves to spend way more than what they're worth as the last of it's users abandon it, per their business model

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Roylicious posted:

Lowtax really should be trying to offload SA as a fundamental pillar of the internet for like $2 billion or something. If you trot out $20m they won't take you serious you gotta really puff the numbers up.

But the fact that you have a not half bad case for "SA came up with 'Let's Play'" might interest a bigger company by itself. I know MS would love to throw a wrench into Sony/PS4 if the cost is right.

that ship has sailed, lowtax didnt patent lets play and now its too late so he lost out on billion's

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
linkedin is facebook for boring white people and scammers from third-tier scammer countries

inspirational quote

inspirational quote

image encouraging fellation of entrepreneurs

inspirational quote

image about how guy paid two dollars an hour impressed entepreneur

some guy has endorsed you for synergy

some recruiter has used your profile to pad his folder so it looks like he's working

inspirational quote

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i use monster.cpom and wordperfect, op

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

i liked that linkedin park song 'break stuff'

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-linkedin-m-a-microsoft-moodys-idUSKCN0YZ2AR

quote:

Rating agency Moody's placed Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) 'AAA' credit rating under review for downgrade following the software giant's deal to buy LinkedIn Corp (LNKD.N) for $26.2 billion, citing concerns that it would be funded through new debt.

:laffo:

Microsoft went into debt to buy an overvalued company that has never turned a profit.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

a happy snowman posted:

I got hired at my last gig by a second-level contact going through their LinkedIn and calling me up

Huge raise, promotion, and working at a great company

You all just suck, sorry

yeah back when i was an office jockey linkedin was fuckin kewl

i mean wow really really ugly ux and terrible site, but opportunities were real

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

and now microsoft has access to everyone's employment history and also competitor's recruiter's messages

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The_Franz posted:

Microsoft went into debt to buy an overvalued company that has never turned a profit.

who needs profit when you control all the data

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

mdm posted:

whoa you went there :aaaaa:

surprise, it was actually a bag of cancer spiders

The_Franz posted:

the events of lnkd today led me to look at the S&P index over its entire history and wow goons you seriously need to ready for the worst depression in US history make sure to get lots of totinos

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 14, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it is of vital importance to microsoft to have everything on area managers for mattress firm

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Is 26.2 billion even a real number? I don't even know how to write 26.2 billion, like I don't know how many zeros are in it. Like how many hot pockets could I buy with 26.2 billion dollars?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

dethkon posted:

Is 26.2 billion even a real number? I don't even know how to write 26.2 billion, like I don't know how many zeros are in it. Like how many hot pockets could I buy with 26.2 billion dollars?

def more than 8

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

send Dick InMail to the dick monster no loving way

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
he even packs fudge for living

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

hm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Guy is a total tit.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looking forward to Tom from MySpace randomly signing off my spreadsheets.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
when is the day i will get bitcoins for selling my personal data???

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The only person I know who actively uses LinkedIn is missing half his teeth and in denial about his wife's ongoing cheating. Solid customer base.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

The only person I know who actively uses LinkedIn is missing half his teeth and in denial about his wife's ongoing cheating. Solid customer base.

I told you, she isn't loving cheating. Goddamnit.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

notZaar posted:

I wish somebody would buy me out.
/

https://youtu.be/H27rfr59RiE?t=51s

Thank you for reminding me of this. It was funny.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the only time ive ever logged in to linkedin.com was the brief period of time where i was looking for a job

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

the only time ive ever logged in to linkedin.com was the brief period of time where i was looking for a job

So for most goons isnt that everyday?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
most people that aren't recruiters are just on there because you have to be

oh hey a social media site where like all social media sites 99% of the content is worthless bullshit but it's also about work? Woo yeah loving party sign me up for some of that

I guess due to the torrent of people applying for every job in existence at once 5 times a day using easy digital means that your connections really are more important than they ever were and Linkin can help you with that but man what a bummer of a website

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

rip eResumes Online for Workgroups

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't think I've ever been contacted by anyone over LinkedIn. Not even by a lowly headhunter. No one likes me

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't think I've ever been contacted by anyone over LinkedIn. Not even by a lowly headhunter. No one likes me

The only contact I ever get on LinkedIn is headhunters trying to connect with me after they email me about a job that doesn't match my skillset because their company crawled some old resume of mine (which doesn't match the job either)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MiracleWhale posted:

i liked that linkedin park song 'break stuff'

I'll admit, I laughed

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'll admit, I laughed

please endorse me for bad puns on linkedin

MiracleWhale fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 14, 2016

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

thathonkey posted:

you can tell someone's looking for a new job cuz they update their linkedin all of a sudden and trust me that rumor is spreading through the office like wildfire

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MiracleWhale posted:

please endorse me for ban puns on linkedin

I don't remember my password, sorry

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tom from Myspace linkedin keeps asking to see my dcouments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I wonder if Obama has a LinkedIn page, he's gotta look for a jew job in a couple of months.

• Locked thread